The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

prx lume

FtmMocwWAAURLFq.jpg

FtmMnaHXoAcsTvl.jpg
Cool idea not for me

A Man Was Killed For His Rolex Inside a Starbucks in Tulum​

1681317343809-tulum-starbucks-gunfight.png

MEXICO CITY — The popular Mexican beachside resort of Tulum saw another dramatic incident of violence when a man was killed during a gunfight inside a Starbucks coffee shop on Monday afternoon.
Two gunmen entered the coffee chain in downtown Tulum and allegedly attempted to rob a Mexican businessman, identified by local media as David González Cuéllar, of his expensive Rolex watch. Gunshots rang out inside the coffee shop when González Cuéllar’s associate attempted to fend off the robbers with his own weapon. González Cuéllar was killed at the scene.

stay safe out there

Image_20230413_141427_777.jpeg

New to the thread, just wanted to share. Purchased my first Rolex over the weekend and have been absolutely obsessed.
In the last 6 months or so, I've visited 6 different stores (Rolex/AD's). I'd say, 4 out of 6 of the stores did not take me seriously.
One store told me 10 year wait list, while other stores I could tell didn't even want to talk to me and "submitted my interest" on their phone.

Definitely a milestone and achievement piece.
Submariner no date,
Purchased from an AD
No prior purchase history

Congrats - nothing beats a no-date Sub.

stay safe out there

I saw the Tulum robbery article this morning and I started thinking about whether or not there's even a point to owning a nice watch anymore.

I used to wear my 40mm yellow gold presidential around NYC and give 0 f*cks. Last time I visted, I felt uncomfortable wearing something as low-key as a stainless Daytona.

Visiting Europe this summer and definitely not taking a watch with me.

It seems like Vegas is the only place I travel to where I can feel comfortable wearing a nice watch.

Basically I question if it's even worth stepping it up to the next tier of watches in the near future.

I am not a watch guy at all hence why I never come in here, though I do admire a nice Rollie or Royal Oak. Anyways I got the AP looking G Shock (same shape for the housing) for a social campaign, gave it to my bro who really wanted it cause apparently its a thing to take out the G Shock dial and replace all the housing with the Royal Oak mod housing kit.

Ngl, this kinda cool. Didnt know this was even a thing. His pic.

5DFAAC82-6051-420B-8767-9BCC4BA0C331.jpeg

I saw the Tulum robbery article this morning and I started thinking about whether or not there's even a point to owning a nice watch anymore.

I used to wear my 40mm yellow gold presidential around NYC and give 0 f*cks. Last time I visted, I felt uncomfortable wearing something as low-key as a stainless Daytona.

It seems like Vegas is the only place I travel to where I can feel comfortable wearing a nice watch.

Basically I question if it's even worth stepping it up to the next tier of watches in the near future.

definitely saps out some of the fun and enjoyment if you’re constantly worried to wear your watches

im starting to think about the same thing but i think im just going to go a different route, instead of a royal oak, i might just go moser streamliner… instead of a calatrava i might go a.lange

I am not a watch guy at all hence why I never come in here, though I do admire a nice Rollie or Royal Oak. Anyways I got the AP looking G Shock (same shape for the housing) for a social campaign, gave it to my bro who really wanted it cause apparently its a thing to take out the G Shock dial and replace all the housing with the Royal Oak mod housing kit.

Ngl, this kinda cool. Didnt know this was even a thing. His pic.

5DFAAC82-6051-420B-8767-9BCC4BA0C331.jpeg

got one that i switch off from white to black but i havent worn it much because it is on the bigger side, casio needs to offer an even smaller watch so i can wear em again

i do think it might solve the issue if i get a rubber strap instead

BA2DC929-1D07-4332-BCBA-FB58CAA8AFB7.jpeg

4B8EB058-E1B8-476B-BDBF-99CAC13AB171.jpeg

Vegas is seriously where it's at. I miss wearing a watch so much that I find myself in Vegas more often now.

It's nice living in LA and having it be so close. Couple weeks ago I went to vegas for the day, hopped on a flight 11 in the morning and came back at 7pm

I’ve made that trip before 🥳
Vegas is LA’s backyard lol
I used to check the Swatch store all the time when I was searching for the Moonswatch

even though i said i'm in a place where watch crimes arent really a concern, it is something i think about in terms of watch "tiers". as much as i want a RO, do i want to put myself out there at that price point where thieves may be more inclined, increasing my risk of being a target?

even though i said i'm in a place where watch crimes arent really a concern, it is something i think about in terms of watch "tiers". as much as i want a RO, do i want to put myself out there at that price point where thieves may be more inclined, increasing my risk of being a target?
you have to know where you are at. Like the guy in Mexico, hell to the no am I taking a Rolex down there. maybe a Casio if that lol.

Vegas is seriously where it's at. I miss wearing a watch so much that I find myself in Vegas more often now.

It's nice living in LA and having it be so close. Couple weeks ago I went to vegas for the day, hopped on a flight 11 in the morning and came back at 7pm

havent been to vegas since the pandemic started, really need to get back there

i just try not to gamble much and ive seen most of the shows and plays there

might go soon to check out bruno mars, heard ushers show kinda sucked

but its also the shopping, too easy to drop too much especially once alcohol is flowing through you :lol: its the only place i drink as early as possible in the day :rofl:

Image_20230413_141427_777.jpeg

New to the thread, just wanted to share. Purchased my first Rolex over the weekend and have been absolutely obsessed.
In the last 6 months or so, I've visited 6 different stores (Rolex/AD's). I'd say, 4 out of 6 of the stores did not take me seriously.
One store told me 10 year wait list, while other stores I could tell didn't even want to talk to me and "submitted my interest" on their phone.

Definitely a milestone and achievement piece.
Submariner no date,
Purchased from an AD
No prior purchase history
124060. Grail. Congrats. Looks like the 10 fwy in LA

just out of curiosity, with discontinued Rolex models.. how does it work with ADs

Do the pull those watches on the whole or sell what they have

Back
Top Bottom