The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

https://www.mvmt.com/mens-watches/havoc-chrono/rebel-green/28000199.html
28000199_fr.jpg

Has anyone bought from this brand? If so what are your thoughts?

terrible

my brother bought a couple of those and they dont even look half decent in person

you are better of buying some of the cheaper seikos or even casios and timex

hell this casio moonphase is ~$100
1692813236113.png

idk how big of a difference it’ll make but rolex taking control of their own sales sounds better than having an AD.

I think i read that omega is trying to do the same and pulling out of ADs as well.

they cant pull out of ADs and become strictly boutique, they simply sell too many watches to do that

AP and Patek and VC can do it because they make/sell roughly 30k - 40k watches a year in comparison to rolex and omega that sell more than a million,

rolex seems more plausible because they actually sell out EVERYTHING but omega has got to be the dumbest company if they want to go the boutique route that doesnt discount when they're products arent even moving below retail

no matter what omega does, they just cant be like rolex, its simply not happening

but look at all the stores that carry rolex in the US, only 19 rolex boutiques (and operated or within another store) and then there are 6 bucherers if they make all of that a rolex boutique, thats 25 total

if they get rid of all the ADs and lets say they sell about 300k watches in the US out of the 1 million they make, that means 300,000 watches has to be sold in 25 stores... that is 12k watches per store if divided evenly and they do not ship... rolex would be ruined and theyd have plenty of puny datejusts sitting on their shelves which are usually spreadout throughout the US so they can sell en masse if not to plenty of female customers but to grey market they force to take them so they get some of the more sought after pieces

been reading that for years

when i got my speedy, everyone on the forums said they eliminated all discounts then i got lik 20% with little to no effort

too many people on reddit and other forums are clueless or are just gullible. like every couple of months people report their AD told them a price increase on omega is coming soon so they should buy as soon as possible and the strategy really only have to work once or to those who dont pay attention (which there are plenty of the general public who could care less)

at the end of the day, outside of the snoopy (which a boutique usually gets one or two a year) i would not be caught paying retail for an omega and many out there in the watch community feel the same way, same with Tag, no way im paying but they got the general consumer to cough up the $$$ but even then, those same people who doesnt know much about watches, its rolex up top and omega and tag are considered even so omega is just going to lose more customers to tag and macys carries tag so its kind of insane how omega is viewed

Got the links removed from this brand new armani watch... It was my dad's but my mom gave it to me since he passed... And switched the band myself on the moonswatch... I love the look but curious how a rubber watch band would look
20230824_170921.jpg

20230824_171034.jpg

thats out of the window for me since i dont let anything go
I’m feeling like you but I need to get rid of my black bay. The one you posted :lol:

Hasn’t been touched in over a year and half

Just don’t know where to get top dollar for it

Edit, yours is 54. I have the black bay 41

anyone ever bought a watch international and got it shipped?

trying to figure out the whole tax/duty thing

Looks like the demand is wearing down and ADs are having more stock
**** is still crazy to me how an OP can be a hard watch to land

idk how big of a difference it’ll make but rolex taking control of their own sales sounds better than having an AD.

I think i read that omega is trying to do the same and pulling out of ADs as well.
So basically making it impossible to get a Rolex? If then eliminate AD then I have no where to purchase one in my state :lol:

We don’t have a boucher..

Just tried on a panda, definitely not ideal for me

I’m already not a big fan on chronographs, just because I’m not a fan of too much going on with anything.. but the smoothed/round bezel makes the 40mm wear small

Went in wearing my batgirl, so easy to compare 40mm.. pretty sure my girl is going try get a panda

bucherer also owns tourneau, if you have one in your state
I don’t :lol:

Michigan don’t got **** and I assume the same with many other states so that limits the market extremely?

Sounds like some mid 2000s Nike **** tbh

Make it impossible to get something simple

Back
Top Bottom