The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Anyone have an explorer ii? Tempted to grab one on grey or used as a GADA sports watch but haven’t tried one on yet so not sure how well they fit/wear.

Anyone have an explorer ii? Tempted to grab one on grey or used as a GADA sports watch but haven’t tried one on yet so not sure how well they fit/wear.

Don’t have 1 but briefly thought about it, not a fan of that model in the 42

Wish it was still 40

Don’t have 1 but briefly thought about it, not a fan of that model in the 42

Wish it was still 40
The used ones are usually in a 40 and found a few in great condition but they’re all 10+ years old so I worry servicing could be an issue. But def agree, would rather a 40. If a Batman wasn’t nearly 20k on secondary, I’d probably just go that route instead l

They should’ve just collabed with an lvmh brand like Dior.

Not a fan of the polar exp 2. The black one is nice though. Probably not a long wait for a black one. You gotta see it in person to compare the 42 and 40. The 42 feels chunky and the dial on the 40 feels small.

Def like the black better too. Probably not gonna bite then until I get a chance to see both in person. Really wanna get a DJ36 in silver or black fluted and jubilee. Hoping for the call in the next few months and then putting my name down for the BLNR.

Is it bad taste to request multiple watches? Would they take me less seriously?

They gotta be smoking something serious with those prices

Also that size was already a killer

Before I got the OP39 I was thinking about picking one up. While I was in Paris I tried on the black 40mm it is a really nice watch. As has been said though it wears quite smaller like a 38mm.

If you are thinking about the 40mm there are a lot of differences within the reference luminova/super luminova hollow end links,/hollow bracelet links, holes case/no holes case etc.

if MSRP was half, i'd buy the green one and maybe cream. unless you are a true Kith fanboy or are one of the few that actually love the model, i can't see how this appeals to the masses. the moonswatch is at the perfect price point. this is disproportionate in many ways.

Here's mine. 2022 = 42mm. I have normal to slender wrists. Don't mind it at all. The lume after a moment in the sunlight though 😍

Attachments

• 20240502_231205.jpg
    20240502_231205.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 188
That lume is what attracted me initially, it’s so beautiful. I’ll have to try one on eventually and see for myself.

Lightly bumped the crystal and case of my longines spirit against the edge of a quartz countertop and have small scratch now, is there anything I can do or is this just part of watch collecting? It’s my everyday watch so I don’t mind it getting beat up over the next 10 years but I want to minimize wear, especially as I level up into higher end timepieces

That cycling chrono is pretty nice. Has more of a unique look to it than a pelagros normally does and a lot of chronos that end up looking like Daytona derivs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 206
Lightly bumped the crystal and case of my longines spirit against the edge of a quartz countertop and have small scratch now, is there anything I can do or is this just part of watch collecting? It’s my everyday watch so I don’t mind it getting beat up over the next 10 years but I want to minimize wear, especially as I level up into higher end timepieces

That cycling chrono is pretty nice. Has more of a unique look to it than a pelagros normally does and a lot of chronos that end up looking like Daytona derivs.
It depends on how much it bothers you to be honest. First option would be going to your local watchmaker and getting them to fit a replacement crystal. Crystals tend to be fairly cheap regarding cost especially as Longines will use a generic sapphire (possibly with AR coating) unlike Rolex with has the hidden crown.

Now if you want to try something more labour intensive there is something you can do but there is a degree of risk.

I had managed to scratch the sapphire crystal on my sub so I taped off the bezel got some diamond paste and rotary tool (dremel) with a polishing head and applied the paste to the crystal, and then applied dremel on a low speed in a circular motion checking constantly. You do have the apply to the whole crystal to avoid an uneven surface.

The risk involved is that as you can damage the crystal further if you are not careful. Also the constant vibration that comes to applying the tool can damage the movement.

Here's a video

happy may the 4th
9D4523DC-9283-48E1-8750-3A35C2197D26.jpeg

this is the way
BF73E090-9CF4-4C75-A991-94A5007F0AB3.jpeg

with that said, got to try on the new black bay monochrome and for the price, it is great for the price and the 5link bracelet works well with it too, if i didnt have both the sub and the pelagos 39 (funny enough i chose for pics above), i might have gone home with it

at $4550, its exactly half the price of the sub no date and this ones cosc/metas certified and way easier to get (i could have gone home with it) - if i had a nitpick, the lug width is 22mm (even the latest sub is 21mm iirc) so it does make it look a little bigger
IMG_2361.jpeg

Tudor is really doing a great job elevating the brand beyond just Rolex derivs. The quality for the price is insane.

Went to the AD today and tried on the polar bear explore II. Actually really fell in love with it. It wore pretty well, wasn’t a behemoth at all and is a great tool watch. Put my name down for one, originally thought I wanted black but the white dial is so clean and electric looking with the orange GMT hand. They had a couple of CPO versions for 10k which isn’t bad at all considering the prices for non-CPO used ones on Chrono.

While we were out my wife wanted to also stop into the Tag Heuer store. She’s obsessed with Ryan gosling and recently watched and read the idea of you which has a carrera prominently featured in it as a symbol. Anyway, I was looking at the display and checked out the titanium aquaracer professional 300. Really is a beautiful timepiece. Price is rough since I can get a BB58 for less but I really do like the textured dial. I think if you could only pick one, the consensus would be the BB58 which probably has a better movement overall (I’m not sure though) but the aquaracer’s dial and bezel was really stunning in person and the titanium case and bracelet is so lightweight and sleek.
1714936540646.jpeg

1714936556929.png

that 43mm aquaracers way bigger than the 39mm bb58 and the more boxy lines doesnt help

the cyclops on the date at 6o'clock also isnt a good look, i was calling it a navel at the AD yesterday :lol:

if youre going to tag though, i highly suggest checking out the glassbox chrono, it really is stunning in person and wears so well and what is nice with tag is you dint pay retail :lol:

IMG_2358.jpeg

I told the guy thank you, but I’m not really looking to buy anything today and he immediately offered to take $800 off 😂

Back
Top Bottom