The top 10 power forwards of the last decade VOL. LOL WUT

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Pau ain't overrated. None of those powerforwards can take his spot and win that 09 chip.

Only exceptions are KG and Timmy. Maybe Dirk Maybe.

I'm pretty sure Bosh+Kobe or maybe even Amare (is he still a power forward?)+Kobe would win that championship. And Dirk is much better than Gasol is.

Gasol is pretty high up there.... and so is Jamison. I thought a prime C-Webb should have been no. 3 (actually no. 4 if you put Duncan there)

Shawn Marion, Chris Bosh, Elton Brand and AJ are better than Karl Malone?

This list is awful

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Chris Webber in his very short prime was on the same level as duncan and kg.

offensively he was better than both of them .
Thats where I'm gonna have to disagree. The man averaged 20+ and 9+ for 9 consecutive seasonsbefore going down with that knee injury
frown.gif
Hell he even managed to put up 20 and 10 three years later in Philly on one leg. I honestly feel like he couldpossibly push for top 3 for the decade..... top 5 for sure.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

The Grizzlies made the Playoffs 3 times? damn my memory is bad, thought they only made it that one year Hubie brown won Coach Of The Year.

Very easy to forget they got swept each time.

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

Shawn Marion, Chris Bosh, Elton Brand and AJ are better than Karl Malone?

This list is awful

indifferent.gif
We know there are nowhere near the mailman, but the writer is just saying since the turn of the century there are better than Karl. I wish theywould stop with this decade nonsense because at the end of the day it equals a
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Duncan is a center or you could call him a C/PF ... either way I see nothing in skillset that defines him as a PF opposed to being a Center in today's NBA .......... maybe in the mid-early nineties and before he would be a PF ..... but in TODAY'S NBA he's a center ...

NO! It's just that in today's game they have a bunch of 4's masquerading as 5's. Duncan is a 4.

I was under the impression that this Kelly fellow was going to list Duncan as a Center. Now I just think kelly's an idiot

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

On Webber, I just think he gets knocked down this list some because he's been out of the league basically since 2006 and his last really good year was 2003...

But if you'd take Sheed over Pau, I dunno what to tell you... *shrugs*

Pau Gasol played on a very, very crappy team whose second and third best players were Mike Miller and Shane Battier...
indifferent.gif
He led those teams to the playoffs three times before the Grizz finally bottomed out... The only time Pau Gasol has ever been overrated was when people actually thought he was as good as Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Garnett during those playoff years with the Grizz...

Webber in his prime OK I can see it, but I'd take Pau over Brand, Rasheed, or any of those second-tier guys any day of the week...
Dayum. Shane Battier never gets the credit he deserves. Not saying he was more valuable to the Grizz than Gasol, but when he got traded for Gay, Grizz straight went to the gutter. From first round playoffs to pretty garbage... Don't need to bring in the weird BS economic statistics, but come on, this is nothing compared to T-Mac's crappy team in Orlando with a rookie Mike Miller and Patrick Ewing at center. haha...

But Gasol is a stud on the Lakers.

"And Sheed never won nothin other then the miracle year with Detroit. He got busted every single solitary season by the Lakers with AC Green (from the 80's) Horace Grant (from the 90's) and then Robert Horry. Sheed just run out and shoot jumpers all day long.
smh.gif
"

LOL, what the AC Green.
Agreeed. Idk what yall talking about but Sheed has been a beast/been winning all decade. From the Blazers to the Pistons. Maybe the Blazers didntwin rings but Sheed was an animal and their best player and they were a hell lot better than Pau in Memphis.

smh.gif
at that "Sheed just took jumpers all day long and got his #@% busted"

^
Be realistic. Kobe/Marion and Kobe/Sheed doesn't get a ring, come on.

Marion ain't even a damn PF, he's a small forward.

And Sheed never won nothin other then the miracle year with Detroit. He got busted every single solitary season by the Lakers with AC Green (from the 80's) Horace Grant (from the 90's) and then Robert Horry. Sheed just run out and shoot jumpers all day long.
smh.gif
And if Malone doesn't get hurt, Sheed does nothing in that series in 04, but since all we had left was friggin Slava Medvedenko, Sheed did huge work.

Don't get me wrong, skills wise, Sheed is elite as they come, but head and heart wise, he's bottom of the barrell. Don't let that one year fool you.
Dont get it twisted in each of their respective PRIMES add Sheed or Marion to that already stacked Lakers team with Kobe and they 100% get a ring.*+#$ Sheed did win a ring with a team of half that talent.

And agreed Marion is a 3, but since this moron put him on the list i figure i would include him
laugh.gif
smh.gif

To sum +%!@ up Pau aint a top 3 PF this decade, take away this past year and yall would be getting
indifferent.gif
fo putting him top 5. He should get credit for winning and +%!@ but notTHAT much where yall are ranking him higher than dudes that have been winning and putting up #s all decade.

C Webb needs to be higher imo. I put him at #3 after Timmy and KG.

My top 5 would be:
Timmy
KG
C Webb
Dirk
Gasol

Bosh and Kobe would not be as affective as Kobe and Pau.

Individually Dirk is better than Pau but not what the Lakers system needed

stop with these horrible lists

I feel like my eyes are gonna fall out. I also always feel like I'm gonna scroll down and see lebron at number 1

Ehh, averaging 19/8 is nice and all, but the majority of Malone's work was over. Maybe ahead of Bosh, maybe.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Webber ahead of Dirk, lulz.

Webber has 27 ppg, 13 reb and 5 ast with 2 blocks and almost 2 steals for career highs.

Nowitzki has 26 ppg, 9 reb, and 2 ast with 1.5 blocks and a steal for career highs.

probably give the edge to dirk because frankly he is and was a dynamic new breed of foward who's skillset/size combo create all sorts of problems foropposing teams.

but no he doesn't produce on the level of webber in his prime.

and to quote, 'lulz' at it is preposterous.

Like everyone has said already, Kelly Dwyer has no credibility at all.

My list:
1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Chris Webber
5. Pau Gasol
6. Rasheed Wallace
7. Chris Bosh
8. Elton Brand
9. Antawn Jamison
10. Karl Malone

i know he'll be on the centers list, but i think Jermaine Oneal should have been on this list.

jeff foster was the one starting at the 5 most of the time during JO's prime.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Dayum. Shane Battier never gets the credit he deserves. Not saying he was more valuable to the Grizz than Gasol, but when he got traded for Gay, Grizz straight went to the gutter. From first round playoffs to pretty garbage... Don't need to bring in the weird BS economic statistics, but come on, this is nothing compared to T-Mac's crappy team in Orlando with a rookie Mike Miller and Patrick Ewing at center. haha...

But Gasol is a stud on the Lakers.
I give Shane Battier a TON of credit for what he does... But as the second or third best player on an NBA playoff team?
laugh.gif
Nah, he ain't that good...
Shane Battier showed his worth as argubably the most valuable player on the Rockets without Yao Ming and T-Mac against the Lakers in the playoffs.There were more talented players in Artest and Scola, but like Marion was with the Suns, he did work that we can't see on the box score.

Malone should be higher....how the hell do you put bosh who has been in the league for a few years over malone

Originally Posted by CP1708

Would you people stop posting this moron's top 10's?
indifferent.gif

Enough already.

This writer is an idiot, and worthless reading, so stop with the daily updates by position already.
sick.gif
word...

TD>>>any pf in the 2000s

Back
Top Bottom