The Top 10 Reasons why BIGGIE IS/WAS THE BEST Vol. Yes I Agree

Originally Posted by DatBoi23

I honestly Believe this dude is way better then BIG.
nas_l.jpg

He doesn't get the credit he deserves.. B.I.G died young who knows what would have happened. Because if Esco died young after Illmatic and IWW and the OG Iam.. hes would undeniably be the GOAT..
He doesnt get it cuz he really dont deserve it.If Nas did die after Ill IWW and I Am then he problably would.doubt it still though...

Not THE GOAT and those reasons aren't even solid .
you cant be serious.If those 10 points aint touch on why he was the best then what would?
laugh.gif

I respect the opinion and I find myself every now and then saying he's the best but more often than not I give the nod to Esco.

But I !+$$ with Chris OD heavy

I love Biggie to death, But if he's the best, Why are people still trying to convince everybody he is 10+ years later?

We know this...
laugh.gif

Edit - And I give NaS the nod over Frank when it comes to storytelling...His %*@% is a tad more vivid than Big's...And I thought that was impossible.

But like Jay said "How I'm posed to win? Y'all got me fighting ghosts"

We can argue this until we're all 90.

pretty coo read. 2pac was the best rapper ever, simply. I would go on and state my reasons why but im sure you guys already know. 2pac had voice, songs,stories and emotion unmatched... unmatched!!

Always be my favorite rapper of all time. I'm still being surprised by Biggie Lyrics.

Listening to THE WHAT the other day. That line Flows just go through me, likes trees to branches, cliffs to avalanches. Then I was like is he saying grow or goand it makes sense either way. Genius.

The main thing that he made Biggie good was that was so smart. Obviously he can use big words but he made his rhymes as simple as possible but so EFFECTIVE. Hecan say 6 words but they will be in the perfect execution that you can get so much from it.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

rakim2.jpg

>
LOL....There is no way in hell Rakim is better than Biggie.

This guy purposely posts this BS just to ruin the topic. Why don't you post this in the Rakim appreciation post....What there isn't one?

Biggie > anyone from the 80's.

It's one thing to be good at something but it's another thing to be born to do it. Biggie had the killer instinct, he came in the game and knew how toplay.

Rakim NEVER reached the status of Biggie and never will. Biggie is a Global Icon, Rakim not so much...

In

rakim2.jpg

>
c/s to the fullest

The undisputed GOAT

Paid In Full,Follow The Leader>>Ready To Die,Life After Death

Reguardless I respect Biggie for what he did and the impact he made
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

whoa, I take it back, I didnt mean that how its typed, I meant in reference to him being called a GOAT of hip hop, King of NY... I didn't mean
that to his life, I'll edit it.

i can feel that

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I mean Puffy got him to sing on "player hater", I mean Puff edited his
f1915be1bd3d92f785c003f357765553fee6f25.gif
, and I also mean that BIG was known for jumpin on ANY FEATURE for
side $!

all true

No he didn't...Biggie and Junior Mafia recorded that song on their own. Puff didn't hear it until they turned it in and thats when he edited them outand put himself on it. As far as the features, he was just showing love. Whether it was to his label (Total, 112) or his friends (Mark Pitts, Shaq)...whowould turn down a chance to work with Micheal Jackson? Especially in the mid 90's

As far as Nas...he lack the beat selection, ability to leave his comfort zone, or personality to ever be better than Biggie

Finesse Sosa THANK YOU . . . I've been asking you to post this list for the LONGEST
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and I aint the only one, either you just found it oryou've beed being an @sshole this whole time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm copying it to my hard drive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But back to the thread . . .
How can Rakim be better than BIG tho, I mean I can't be mad, but it seems like the same cats that'll argue $$!+ like Illmatic is too short to be thegreatest album of all time, won't hesitate to throw Paid In Full on a list (still don't understand that, there's not THAT much rappin on there, notas much as Illmatic atleast) . . . BIGs reign has lasted longer than Rakim's, as much as I love his music, he's been washed up for a minute EVEN Cubeis still making GREAT music, but NYers wouldn't put him in the conversation even tho his catalog could stand with ANY NY MC from the 80s or 90s, do yahomework before you try to say some stupid $$!+ . . .

Any way, with NaS, I have been feeling like he's the greatest, I mean the man dropped the BEST hip hop album EVER, bar none, and if I took the 10 bestsongs from the 10 best MCs, I'm not sure it would even hold a torch to Illmatic . . . On the same token, if NaS fell victim to a murder at such a youngage, lets say 96/97 there's NOOOOO way he would be mentioned in the top 5 or 10, because when there's a fanbase making that push, its the most loyalfans, and NaS loyal fans (atleast in 96) were NOT feeling IWW like that, that's a fact. MTV was feelin IWW, and on a comercial level it did well (not aswell as Ready To Die OR Life After BTW), NaS full career is what can attribute to him being the undisputed BEST, and that's a sentiment I have found myselfrepeating since he released ANOTHER classic . . .

Even if someone over takes BIG as the GREATEST MC, he's always gonna be KING. My N is in heaven RIGHT now in that all white, with the Versace shades sittinon the thrown the same way he is in my avy . . .
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

R.I.P. Christopher Wallace

BIG was SOOO business minded, you just know a N aint been doin his readin on BIG when they start to give Diddy all this credit, Diddy NEVER had no clotheslineuntil BIG dide, Diddy NEVER had no idea for Justins, until BIG had planned Big Popa (Chicken and waffles type), Undeas/Untertainment (with Lance Un Riveria,Cam got his career started there after BIG got him his deal, Kim went platinum 2 times on the label, Charli Baltimore) BIG was planning movies, and all . . .Stop givin Diddy all this credit like BIG wasn't his own man when it came to business, when Voletta Wallace was filing the lawsuit against LA in 05, BIGsestimated net worth had he lived would've been $350+, look at the top 5 of that Forbes Hip Hop list every year and you can see the buddy hustlers who stolehis ideas
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
. . .

It took me a while to like Rakim, yall got to realize Hip Hop is more than 80s dudes from NY.
laugh.gif

BIGs flow is unmatched.

Originally Posted by mossman75

rakim2.jpg

>
c/s to the fullest

The undisputed GOAT

Paid In Full,Follow The Leader>>Ready To Die,Life After Death

Reguardless I respect Biggie for what he did and the impact he made
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thats the oldhead in you talking...I don't think Rakim is as "complete" of a MC as Biggie

And I don't understand how people dislike Puff's adlibs...

You gotta realize they are judging Puff by the way he act now...Puff wasn't nowhere near as annoying as he is now back in like 94-97

I have respect for the vets, But people need to stop putting them N's on a pedastal.

They were great, But got surpassed...Live with it.

That's how the game works. The upcoming generation is supposed to learn and improve upon what the previous generations did. Whether you wanna hear that ornot.

R is the reason N's rap the way they rap now without a doubt, And it's appreciated...But he's been surpassed in every category already.

It's like somebody who tries to say Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain is better than LeBron or something...They were beasts in their times, But their old$#@ game can't compare to what dudes is doing now...
laugh.gif

People stay trying to hold on to glory days.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

rakim?? LL Cool J is better than Rakim, REAL TALK!

roll.gif

Y do you post here?
Like really Rakim changed rap, If it weren't for Rakim, we'd still have people rapping with the old school Grandmaster Caz type flow.
LL will never be even considered for GOAT
He can name his album GOAT all he wants but he will never be taken seriously as a GOAT contender.

If Rakim walked into a room and said I'm GOAT nobody would argue with him.
If LL walked into a room and said the same he'd get
sick.gif
face, REALTALK!

BTW remember the backlash he got for calling himself the GOAT?
eyes.gif

Yeah Thought so.

Grown Men are talkin here, son. Capice?
wink.gif

NaS full career is what can attribute to him being the undisputed BEST, and that's a sentiment I have found myself repeating since he released ANOTHER classic . . .

Exactly the way I feel. NaS and Big were dropping perfect tapes in 94... (RIP to Big) but NaS is STILL dropping classics/near classics basically 15 yearslater. That's crazy.

Anyways, Big's music helped take this art form to another level. He really helped open the doors for so many to make a living off this. Kick in thedoor/juicy/machine gun funk/[insert basically any big song here] never ceases to amaze me.
pimp.gif
$%^&* those who took him away (Nay, make that documentary bruh!)

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

And I don't understand how people dislike Puff's adlibs...
You gotta realize they are judging Puff by the way he act now...Puff wasn't nowhere near as annoying as he is now back in like 94-97
no, I was a fan of hip hop since I was doing cartwheels to Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey.
Puff came off as artificial since day 1. I disliked Big's association with him since the Junior Mafia album.
I disliked the materialistic rap back then but your theory isn't half wrong since only now are people coming out and saying hes wack, even the Wu backeddown and worked with Puff while at the same time throwing sublims at him and Big

Wait a minute, what's with the LL disrepspect?? There isn't a room in this galaxy that Rakim could walk in, get respect and LL walk in and not . . .You smokin. Shyyyyt if anything it would be LL getting love at a Grammy after party and Rakim just come in lookin like somebody Uncle foreal . . .

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I have respect for the vets, But people need to stop putting them N's on a pedastal.

They were great, But got surpassed...Live with it.
Truth, I can name 10 rappers better than Big so that GOAT stuff needs to fall back. Big is barely top 15.

laugh.gif
@ people thinking that more commercial success = better MC.

Rakim never made music for the charts. He couldn't have made something like "I need love" or something with an R&B chick singing through thechorus if he tried to.

Back
Top Bottom