The Truth Behind Bottled Water

capitalism is getting absurd 
soon they really will charge us to breath air
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

i hate tap water

My biggest beef with tap water is the fact that mine has fluoride in it. Spring Water ftw.
QFT.. Don't know if it's the tap water or just in my head, but whenever I drink tap I feel disgusted.

Originally Posted by nyflyboydariece

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

why is everyone so anti HOVkid on NT? Always firing shots because he's not jumping for joy to give away his hard earned money? Yes- hard earned..because he has 2 kids that I'm sure he'd love to spend every minute with but he leaves them to go out and earn money. So don't come with the "he probably inherited it, he's never had to struggle, he's selfish" line. He has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Anyway, back to the bottled water thing.

I drink Aquafina BTW *shrugs*
laugh.gif
wow if that isn't extreme suckage i don't know what is.

off yourself
smile.gif

What I can't fathom is how people like HOVkid, HybridSoldier23 and those who are on that side of things can take value in their homes but not the planet their homes are on. Can anyone explain this to me?

And how HOVkid can do so many other great things to help others with their future (charity/mentoring kids) but not vest any interest into the future of the planet that these individuals live on. It just seems counter productive, save the people but not their planet?

why is everyone so anti HOVkid on NT? Always firing shots because he's not jumping for joy to give away his hard earned money? Yes- hard earned..because he has 2 kids that I'm sure he'd love to spend every minute with but he leaves them to go out and earn money. So don't come with the "he probably inherited it, he's never had to struggle, he's selfish" line. He has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Anyway, back to the bottled water thing.

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif
What? If he cares about his descendants so much, then why doesn't he care about their future environment? Contradictory stuff

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif
What? If he cares about his descendants so much, then why doesn't he care about their future environment? Contradictory stuff

cmon you're being a bit extreme. so he doesnt care about his kids because he doesn't drink tap water? get outta here.

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif

cmon you're being a bit extreme. so he doesnt care about his kids because he doesn't drink tap water? get outta here.

He flat out said he doesnt care about the environment.

Originally Posted by JDocs

What I can't fathom is how people like HOVkid, HybridSoldier23 and those who are on that side of things can take value in their homes but not the planet their homes are on. Can anyone explain this to me?

And how HOVkid can do so many other great things to help others with their future (charity/mentoring kids) but not vest any interest into the future of the planet that these individuals live on. It just seems counter productive, save the people but not their planet?

Dude, udaman, but you are brainwashed.  Like I said, when it comes time that the environment is a real problem, everyone will just get in their spaceship and go somewhere else.

Until then *cracccck*, open another Poland Spring on ice for me.  My favorite is to drink it out of a plastic Solo cup with a ton of ice in it.....mmmmmmmmmmm.

They made the caps thinner now so less plastic....isn't that enough for you?  

You guys really want to lose it?  Me and my wife generally pick up like 8 cases of water every three to four weeks.  We go in my wife's Escalade, burn some gas and pick it up.  My wife drinks about 4 bottles a day and we throw them right in the garbage.

True story:  We had a baby nurse staying with us when my son was first born adn she was like "do you mind if I take all these bottles when I go home at the end of each week and recycle them?"  I was like I'll tell you what, we generally go through about 20 bottles during the weekdays while you are here, I'll pay you another $1.50 if you just let us throw them away instead of having this big bag of bottles in my house all week until you leave.  She was quite pleased. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif

so the environment = his children. 
him saying he doesn't care about the environment is him saying he does not care about his children?
you guys are too much for me in this thread

In california they give you an incentive to recycle well not really

they charge you CRV tax upfront when you buy stuff like soda/water

than you later get that tax back if you recycle each can/bottle

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif

him saying he doesn't care about the environment is him saying he does not care about his children?

You cant possibly be this naive.

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif

You cant possibly be this naive.
Diego, can you honestly say that before every move you make you ask yourself  "is this the most environmentally friendly thing to do?" I'm willing to bet not. So stop it.

laugh.gif
off yourself
smile.gif

I just want to point out that he said that the reason he doesn't care about the environment is that it will never get bad enough to affect him personally.  But what if it effects his children or grandchildren?  Based off his posts in here, one would assume he doesn't care.  He probably loves his children more than anyone in this thread will ever know...I just think he needs to re-think how things like the environment could affect future generations.

I don't mind that much when people don't do things that aren't convenient for them, but HOVkid seems to go out of his way to *%+% the environment, and he is proud of it  There is NO excuse for that. 
tired.gif
 I'm not perfect.  I drink Vitamin Water every so often.  I use plastic cups at parties.  I drive places.  But I also use my Brita to filter my tap water, drink out of a reusable CamelBak bottle, and bike to work and school every day.  I'm not asking him to stop using plastic and trade in his Escalade for a Prius.  I'm just asking him to re-think this and change his attitude.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

I just want to point out that he said that the reason he doesn't care about the environment is that it will never get bad enough to affect him personally.  But what if it effects his children or grandchildren?  Based off his posts in here, one would assume he doesn't care.  He probably loves his children more than anyone in this thread will ever know...I just think he needs to re-think how things like the environment could affect future generations.
I don't mind that much when people don't do things that aren't convenient for them, but HOVkid seems to go out of his way to *%+% the environment, and he is proud of it  There is NO excuse for that. 
tired.gif
 I'm not perfect.  I drink Vitamin Water every so often.  I use plastic cups at parties.  I drive places.  But I also use my Brita to filter my tap water, drink out of a reusable CamelBak bottle, and bike to work and school every day.  I'm not asking him to stop using plastic and trade in his Escalade for a Prius.  I'm just asking him to re-think this and change his attitude.
Good thread

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by JDocs

You guys really want to lose it?  Me and my wife generally pick up like 8 cases of water every three to four weeks.  We go in my wife's Escalade, burn some gas and pick it up.  My wife drinks about 4 bottles a day and we throw them right in the garbage.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Through all your complaining about taxes and all that extra #%*@, I appreciate you.

Pause.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by GTEK

If there is one thing I absolutely do not give even one second of thought to its recycling and the environment.  I despise sustainability and ecological bs. 

Total waste of time.

tired.gif
HOVKid you're part of corporate America thats not only ruining the Country but the World. Thanks for caring. 
tired.gif
. .  I'm sure you litter as well. 

I wish.  I say all the tree huggers are ruining the world.  Making me give up bottled water now?  Really?  I actually don't litter.  It's like a karma thing to me or something.  Sometime I do it, then 2 seconds later pick it up cause I feel like something bad will happen to me if I leave it.

Sorry I was out for a bit....got busy at work.  back now but about to go home.  Later homies.....love all ya'll. 
So you believe in karma yet you intentionally and recklessly harm the environment? Well if something bad happens to you, your kids, or your wife, at least you'll know why now.

^so you just gonna disregard my question like it aint there, huh?
Im no tree hugger. Far from it actually.
I do what I can when I can, but I would never go as far as saying I dont care about the environment. Just gives that appearance that he goes out of his way to harm the environment. Like he makes a conscious decision to do %@%@.

FTR, the environment is where his kids will live, and his kids kids.

Remember when people in the 60s were all about using drugs and free love and all that other hippy %@%@? Now here we are 50 years later having to pay for their actions with the multitude of STDs and such. Its kind of the same principle.
It may not affect this lifetime, but lets show just a tiny bit of awareness for the generations behind us. Is that too much to ask?

Dude, udaman, but you are brainwashed.  Like I said, when it comes time that the environment is a real problem, everyone will just get in their spaceship and go somewhere else.

Until then *cracccck*, open another Poland Spring on ice for me.  My favorite is to drink it out of a plastic Solo cup with a ton of ice in it.....mmmmmmmmmmm.

They made the caps thinner now so less plastic....isn't that enough for you?  

True story:  We had a baby nurse staying with us when my son was first born adn she was like "do you mind if I take all these bottles when I go home at the end of each week and recycle them?"  I was like I'll tell you what, we generally go through about 20 bottles during the weekdays while you are here, I'll pay you another $1.50 if you just let us throw them away instead of having this big bag of bottles in my house all week until you leave.  She was quite pleased. 
smokin.gif

What makes me brainwashed and you not brainwashed? Because more people are finally seeing what I've been researching since I was like 8? Haha, but srsly I probably am brainwashed as my father is the chair of the environmental association in my city
nerd.gif

Either way this is a losing argument for me (and those like me) in the long run. If nothing happens then both sides are happy but one side will be all "I told you so" .. but if the world does end environmentalist won't get an "I told you so" moment, because everyone will be dead
frown.gif

him saying he doesn't care about the environment is him saying he does not care about his children's future?
Fixed for accuracy, but basically yes that is what I take it as.

Anti-environmentalist man:  Hey hun, lets have a baby
Anti-environmentalist woman:   Sounds good. But darling, our house is currently on fire and no one seems to care. Why would we have a baby in a burning house?
Anti-environmentalist man:  Don't worry your pretty little body my dear, we will be long dead before this house burns down.
Anti-environmentalist woman:   But what about little Johnny Jr. he will have to suffer through all of this smoke and ash until the house eventually falls on him.
Anti-environmentalist man:  Sorry what? I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Back
Top Bottom