The Truth Behind Bottled Water

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Diego, can you honestly say that before every move you make you ask yourself  "is this the most environmentally friendly thing to do?" I'm willing to bet not. So stop it.
Ask me this question please
smile.gif

HOVKid wrote:
If there is one thing I absolutely do not give even one second of thought to its recycling and the environment.  I despise sustainability and ecological bs. 

Total waste of time.

beautifull i love the way you think. wish more lawyers, attorneys whatever you are think like this. Let me make this question, do you think this stoopida lady doing the add drinks tap water or does she drink from like some sort of special hole they have in their house. please all BS.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Diego, can you honestly say that before every move you make you ask yourself  "is this the most environmentally friendly thing to do?" I'm willing to bet not. So stop it.
smile.gif
No thanks
smile.gif

Diego, I see where you're comin from, but still 
laugh.gif

[/Diego] NT: Where everyone drives a BMW, dates models/video vixens, Teeth are so straight people think theyre fake, wash face and brush teeth religiously before going to bed, thinks about consequences their actions will have on environment. [/Diego]

smile.gif

[/Diego] NT: Where everyone drives a BMW, dates models/video vixens, Teeth are so straight people think theyre fake, wash face and brush teeth religiously before going to bed, thinks about consequences their actions will have on environment. [/Diego]
laugh.gif

Very clever of you. make me want to give you a point for that.

Now if you could just use that same intelligence to not agree with everything HovKid says.

I think they make it out to be way to big of a deal. And the whole "shock" campaign kind of throws people off. Watching it idk why doesn't really make me want to recycle and not drink bottled water.

But if it was a commercial that said "Hey help out the environment it will help in the future" i would probably consciously try to help.

I drink bottled water but mostly when i am on the go. Ever since i was a kid i was used to tap water. And when i play soccer i spit out a lot water or dump it on me so to spend money on that is stupid to me.

I don't recycle at my house but there are recycle bins at work (government job lol) so i recycle there if i bring a can of soda or bottle of some sort.

Love how this thread went from bottled water to environmentalist vs anti-environmentalist

my 2 cents

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Hov you let your wife drive an Escalade!? You're just failing on all cylinders
smh.gif

To be honest, personally, I do think its ridiculous.  Not cause of the gas though.

When we moved out of the city she said she wanted an SUV.  We look at Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Audi and she really didn't like any of them.  Then one day she saw a commercial for on-star and was convinced since we had a 6 month old we needed on star.  She asked which cars had it and I told her GM.  She was like "what's that" and I said "Chevy, Cadillac..."  She stopped me at Cadillac and was like, "What about an Escalade."  I laughed but said if she wanted to look I'd go.

We get to the dealership and I see that the thing comes standard with 22" chrome rims and I was like "Jen, you gotta be kidding."  She ended up loving it and I told her she had to test drive it to see if she could even handle something like that.  She did and loved it.

So, she got it.  Her lease actually ends in June but no joke, she wants another one....she loves the freaking thing.  About a month ago she was already like, "yeah, I was at the dealership getting the free service and I think next time I want the Platinum version".  Jesus.....

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by HOVKid

What I can't fathom is how people like HOVkid, HybridSoldier23 and those who are on that side of things can take value in their homes but not the planet their homes are on. Can anyone explain this to me?

And how HOVkid can do so many other great things to help others with their future (charity/mentoring kids) but not vest any interest into the future of the planet that these individuals live on. It just seems counter productive, save the people but not their planet?
You guys really want to lose it?  Me and my wife generally pick up like 8 cases of water every three to four weeks.  We go in my wife's Escalade, burn some gas and pick it up.  My wife drinks about 4 bottles a day and we throw them right in the garbage.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Through all your complaining about taxes and all that extra #%*@, I appreciate you.

Pause.

eek.gif
   You heard it here first NT....me and Diego are cool now.  Break out the Phillies!  I can't beleive it!

Diego, what do you want to do with these plastic wrappers on the Phillies?

smh.gif

To be honest, personally, I do think its ridiculous.  Not cause of the gas though.

When we moved out of the city she said she wanted an SUV.  We look at Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Audi and she really didn't like any of them.  Then one day she saw a commercial for on-star and was convinced since we had a 6 month old we needed on star.  She asked which cars had it and I told her GM.  She was like "what's that" and I said "Chevy, Cadillac..."  She stopped me at Cadillac and was like, "What about an Escalade."  I laughed but said if she wanted to look I'd go.

We get to the dealership and I see that the thing comes standard with 22" chrome rims and I was like "Jen, you gotta be kidding."  She ended up loving it and I told her she had to test drive it to see if she could even handle something like that.  She did and loved it.

So, she got it.  Her lease actually ends in June but no joke, she wants another one....she loves the freaking thing.  About a month ago she was already like, "yeah, I was at the dealership getting the free service and I think next time I want the Platinum version".  Jesus.....

You mean to tell me this whole time your wife has been driving a non platinum version of the escalade meanwhile us poor folk have been using your hard earned tax dollars for education, housing, and other govt. services?
Man, how can I ever thank you?

Originally Posted by Diego

What I can't fathom is how people like HOVkid, HybridSoldier23 and those who are on that side of things can take value in their homes but not the planet their homes are on. Can anyone explain this to me?

And how HOVkid can do so many other great things to help others with their future (charity/mentoring kids) but not vest any interest into the future of the planet that these individuals live on. It just seems counter productive, save the people but not their planet?
You guys really want to lose it?  Me and my wife generally pick up like 8 cases of water every three to four weeks.  We go in my wife's Escalade, burn some gas and pick it up.  My wife drinks about 4 bottles a day and we throw them right in the garbage.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Through all your complaining about taxes and all that extra #%*@, I appreciate you.

Pause.

eek.gif
   You heard it here first NT....me and Diego are cool now.  Break out the Phillies!  I can't beleive it!

Diego, what do you want to do with these plastic wrappers on the Phillies?

Aye homie, I aint never been not cool wit you. We just have different opinions on certain things. Thats all.
Youre a cool dude who likes his women on coke. I could live with that.

BTW, serious bout blowing down? Im guessing we could walk to the recycle bin with blunt in hand.

^^^Yes I am serious.  Gotta be on a weekday if needs to be in the city though.  I'm on LI on weekends and don't really drive into the city often enough to plan something.

smh.gif

For God's sake get her a Crossover man. A nice X5 or something. I'm tired of women driving those things around like tanks
laugh.gif

^^^Yes I am serious.  Gotta be on a weekday if needs to be in the city though.  I'm on LI on weekends and don't really drive into the city often enough to plan something.
Something we can all agree on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Something we can all agree on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lets make it a weekend thing.
pimp.gif

the only real incentive to get everyone to recycle is to make bottle deposits mandatory......we should all recycle, but in the end do all of your bottles make it back into the cycle? probably not......I think that is what HOVkid is trying to say.....If you really want to be "earth friendly" you have a much more to do than just recycling.....

No more mags (oil based print color), no more plastic containers, get your house green tomorrow, help build green energy houses (they stick hay in them as insulation...YIKES fire hazard), only bike to work, raise your own animals to kill and eat, grow your own vegetables.......or I can live lovely how I am doing now, drive to the store to buy some out of season strawberries (picked by cheap, illegal labor...which I have a bigger problem with) packaged in a flimsy plastic container which will be thrown in the trash....

the choice is up to you.....dont hate HOVkid because he lives in a bubble (a very well off and comfortable bubble), convince him to do otherwise....

HOVkid,  it might be a mitzvah to recycle........I rack up points with Hashem every time a bottle finds its way into that recycling bin....
grin.gif

smh.gif

For God's sake get her a Crossover man. A nice X5 or something. I'm tired of women driving those things around like tanks
laugh.gif

I am not even joking, she won't drive an X5 because of that Jay-Z song where he goes "We don't drive X5's we give em to baby's mamas."  I was singing it when the song came on and she was thinking about which car to get.

This girl in an Escalade:

Bring on the hate.

True story:  We had a baby nurse staying with us when my son was first born adn she was like "do you mind if I take all these bottles when I go home at the end of each week and recycle them?"  I was like I'll tell you what, we generally go through about 20 bottles during the weekdays while you are here, I'll pay you another $1.50 if you just let us throw them away instead of having this big bag of bottles in my house all week until you leave.  She was quite pleased. 
smokin.gif

[Diddy] Take That! Take That [\Diddy]

This dude Hov got me dying over here
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I valet on weekends. I'd say 3/4 of escalades are women drivers
laugh.gif
. We go through about a case of bottled water (24 bottles) every 3 days at my house. We do recycle though. If my parents didn't recycle I don't think I would bother though.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I don't care about the environment. When the earth really goes to hell over all the crap we've done to it i'll be dead anyways.
HOVKidwrote:
Give me a break. I'll be dead 5 times over before any of this environmental garbage evenmatters (assuming it really is even true).  I got enoughproblems in my life.  I don't need to figure out the world'senvironmental issues, let alone feel bad about drinking PolandSpring.

Honestly, this kind of thinking is just selfish and sad.
smh.gif
I want the Earth to be a nice place to live for hundreds of years after I'm gone - you guys almost sound like you WANT things to go to crap. I don't want to even imagine a world without clean water, nice public parks, clean air, or blue skies.

Of course it's selfish that's the point. I'm not making any excuses for it not being selfish. What we do with freaking water bottles is nothing in comparison to what other countries and cultures are doing to their natural resources or water supplies.

If you want to go out and stop drinking bottled water to save the environment I'm all for you doing that. I'm not saying ya'll are a bunch of hippy's or that you're wasting your time. If it makes you feel better and makes you sleep better at night more power to you. But as soon as HovKid says he doesn't give a damn about this everyone jumps on him like he's George Bush killing US Soldiers.

You don't need to imagine a world without clean water, nice public parks, clean air or blues skies. It's reality in many parts of Africa, India, and East Asia.

It's my opinion that the forward thinkers, planners, scientists etc can work toward future goals of reducing our negative footprint and that people today should be worried about what is concerning them and their everyday issues in the present. I'm not going to worry about *%%% in the future that doesn't affect or concern me because I'll be dead. If you want to worry about it good for you and keep it up but don't berate others for not caring. 

Why don't ya'll take the energy you're using to +!+@# about and fight against bottled water, that's not going to have an impact on the US or Canada until probably after you're dead, and use it to help a starving child or people without clean water who needs help TODAY.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

I don't care about the environment. When the earth really goes to hell over all the crap we've done to it i'll be dead anyways.
HOVKid
wrote:

Give me a break. 
I'll be dead 5 times over before any of this environmental garbage even
matters (assuming it really is even true).  I got enough
problems in my life.  I don't need to figure out the world's
environmental issues, let alone feel bad about drinking Poland
Spring.

Honestly, this kind of thinking is just selfish and sad.
smh.gif
I want the Earth to be a nice place to live for hundreds of years after I'm gone - you guys almost sound like you WANT things to go to crap. I don't want to even imagine a world without clean water, nice public parks, clean air, or blue skies.

Of course it's selfish that's the point. I'm not making any excuses for it not being selfish. What we do with freaking water bottles is nothing in comparison to what other countries and cultures are doing to their natural resources or water supplies.

If you want to go out and stop drinking bottled water to save the environment I'm all for you doing that. I'm not saying ya'll are a bunch of hippy's or that you're wasting your time. If it makes you feel better and makes you sleep better at night more power to you. But as soon as HovKid says he doesn't give a damn about this everyone jumps on him like he's George Bush killing US Soldiers.

You don't need to imagine a world without clean water, nice public parks, clean air or blues skies. It's reality in many parts of Africa, India, and East Asia.

It's my opinion that the forward thinkers, planners, scientists etc can work toward future goals of reducing our negative footprint and that people today should be worried about what is concerning them and their everyday issues in the present. I'm not going to worry about *%%% in the future that doesn't affect or concern me because I'll be dead. If you want to worry about it good for you and keep it up but don't berate others for not caring. 

Why don't ya'll take the energy you're using to +!+@# about and fight against bottled water, that's not going to have an impact on the US or Canada until probably after you're dead, and use it to help a starving child or people without clean water who needs help TODAY.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom