The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

what a moment man still in shock i dont care if this is the first game this was our world cup final

Last edited:
Happy to see the USA get three points against Ghana.

People can say all they want but three points is three points.

As an Arsenal supporter, I've learned that possession/ match dominance means nothing unless you get the three points.

Ghana supporters need to accept the loss and move on to the next two matches.

Ghana gave up a goal in the first minute. Chasing the match is never easy, especially in the World Cup.

Happy to see the USA get three points against Ghana.

People can say all they want but three points is three points.

As an Arsenal supporter, I've learned that possession/ match dominance means nothing unless you get the three points.

Ghana supporters need to accept the loss and move on to the next two matches.

Ghana gave up a goal in the first minute. Chasing the match is never easy, especially in the World Cup.

ALL OF THIS

This has been a good world cup so far.

My predictions for tomorrow:
Belgium over Algeria
Brazil over Mexico
Tie Russia/Korea (hope korea wins though)

So far Im
11-3 (Japan lost, Uruguay lost, Iran tied)

Good World Cup for the CONCACAF. Mexico comes out strong. Costa Rica shocks the world. The US gets the win, and Honduras. Well, at least Honduras showed up.

I'm still in shock with the Portugal game however I'm not counting them out. Bento needs to make some changes beginning with putting William Carvalho in the game and taking Veloso out. Nani is another player that should be removed he played too much like an individual today and Varela may be a better option there. While I don't think Moutinho played terribly I think he does need to put his influence on the game more. He looked good on the ball but seemed hesitant at times. Eder should start I hope, he played with a lot of effort today and deserves the start bc Postiga isn't going to do anything. Lastly, this team lacks leadership and I'm not saying Ronaldo isn't one but they are missing that Luis Figo, Rui Costa type of leader. Unfortunately we don't have that at the moment. Anyhow I'm still hopeful we shall see what happens.

the only way for Ghana to advance from the group stages would be for the USA to lose their next 2 matches and Ghana has to win both.

not true. if ghana wins both and us wins 1 loses 1, then it comes down to GD. also ghana can win both, US draw-draw, lose-lose, lose-draw and ghana advance. im sure theres a few more scenarios i didnt put, including portugal/germany being the 2 teams to advance outta the group haha

Last edited:
Draw against Portugal and I think the U.S. is through to the next round.
A fitting or motivated response would be for Portugal to thump USA and crash Klinsmann's squad back to reality.

Bento should absolutely include William in the starting XI. Needed boost and recovery from Germany massacre. Coentrao injury and Pepe red will certainly hurt. Could serve as rallying cry for unification.

I'm still in shock with the Portugal game however I'm not counting them out. Bento needs to make some changes beginning with putting William Carvalho in the game and taking Veloso out. Nani is another player that should be removed he played too much like an individual today and Varela may be a better option there. While I don't think Moutinho played terribly I think he does need to put his influence on the game more. He looked good on the ball but seemed hesitant at times. Eder should start I hope, he played with a lot of effort today and deserves the start bc Postiga isn't going to do anything. Lastly, this team lacks leadership and I'm not saying Ronaldo isn't one but they are missing that Luis Figo, Rui Costa type of leader. Unfortunately we don't have that at the moment. Anyhow I'm still hopeful we shall see what happens.

at least youre still optimistic of getting out of the group, im about to throw in the towel. i've been wearing and rotating all my portugal kits the last two weeks and now i dont even know if i'll wear it tomorrow. it's not the fact that we lost, but the manner in which we lost. pepe getting suspended, coentrao getting hurt, not even ptting up a better fight. useless players, as much as i love veloso, he cant be starting anymore. this sucks. four years in the making, we're not even a full week in and already its over.

at least youre still optimistic of getting out of the group, im about to throw in the towel. i've been wearing and rotating all my portugal kits the last two weeks and now i dont even know if i'll wear it tomorrow. it's not the fact that we lost, but the manner in which we lost. pepe getting suspended, coentrao getting hurt, not even ptting up a better fight. useless players, as much as i love veloso, he cant be starting anymore. this sucks. four years in the making, we're not even a full week in and already its over.
Bento would be wise to erase the first group match completely. Replacing Coentrao and Pepe will be difficult, almost forces the issue for the Portuguese to adopt an attacking mindset versus USA and Ghana. They can realistically win both matches. Even more pressure on Alves' leadership and influence on the back four to protect Patricio, who may also miss the USA match Sunday.

FWIW i still think Portugal make it out of the group, the loss of Coentrao is a big one for the later rounds though,
I would have Carvalho in for Raul Meireles the next game, Start Eder, Bento's choice to not take Quaresma even more foolish now

No Pepe and no coentrao? Portugal have zero chance of winning. They might get a draw but those divas aren't winning

I am so happy the US won.

Clint is the best player on our team by far.  His nose is definitely broken 

That tackle by Montari on Jones was a straight Red.

Losing Altidore is huge.  Johannson (sp?) came in and gave us nothing wouldn't be surprised if Wondo gets the nod next game

Fabian out there ballin.  

If ghana could have figured out how to cross the ball they would have won easy.  They were eating on Beasly's side all night.

Bradley needs to show up against portugal he is going to be huge in that game.  If we don't figure out our left back we are done for with Ronnie and Nani.  Hoping for at least a draw against portugal.  Then all we should need to do is not lose 4-0 to germany and get through.   

image.jpg

Just got these beauties in :smokin

Yes, I'm behind the US too (girl is American :tongue:)

Last edited:
Has anyone used Bet365, if so how is it?

Apparently, Balotelli's agent is in Brazil meeting up with some club officials

Has anyone used Bet365, if so how is it?

Apparently, Balotelli's agent is in Brazil meeting up with some club officials
Bet365 is the best bookies imo.

The app is easy to use, chances are they'll have a sign up offer for new customers and they offer the cash out option where you can cash out your bet before it's settled, but obviously for less than what you'd win originally.

how come i cant see heggsy's pics...

Great win for the us.. but like everyone else I think that backline will be exposed.. Bradley had one of the worst performances since south Africa for me.. expected him to dictate way more

really looking forward to todays games... Belgium needs to announce themselves.. brazil/Mexico should be very entertaining

Last edited:
how come i cant see heggsy's pics...

Great win for the us.. but like everyone else I think that backline will be exposed.. Bradley had one of the worst performances since south Africa for me.. expected him to dictate way more

really looking forward to todays games... Belgium needs to announce themselves.. brazil/Mexico should be very entertaining
Anything less than a 2-0 result for Belgium is a disappointment. They should do what France did to Honduras, as a measuring stick comparison.

Back
Top Bottom