The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

France Jr. with the never say die attitude
Its been bothering me, watching interview on the US duel national players (German, Norwegian, Icelandic) talking about how we as a nation/team have 'the never say die attitude'..... like do other nations not have confidence in themselves or are defeated before matches even begin? I certainly doubt that.

meh
LOL I hear you. It's all about narratives/reps. The media, players and fans buy into it so there's not much you can do to buck the trend until they are proven wrong like say, Spain.

italy really never got it going today.. really showed how a high press can throw them off, :smh: at roy knowing this and allowing pirlo all the time on the ball

france... what more can be said? Pogba :x

Chatter is picking up that Xavi will indeed leave Barca for Qatar. He'll either play for Al Arabi, the government team or Al Sadd of the Qatari League. He'll supposedly make €8 mill tax free & also become a figure head for shaping football in the country by coaching & training young players to improve their technical skills while also bringing outsiders to help.

It's a sad day for Cules & anyone that loves football because there are very few people that can play like Xavi did. I'm truly thankful to have seen him play for Barca & La Roja.

Kinda sorta but not really.

Xavi wasn't the fastest player ever but he looked incredibly slow during the 2012-2013 & the 2013-2014 campaigns. He could still pass like a mother but teams were able to counter Barca quickly & Xavi couldn't recover.

Rossell & Zubi planned terribly for the transition from the Pep era to now & we're all seeing what's occurring as a result.

Last edited:
anyone else thing Muller shot at those dudes on purpose? 
laugh.gif

Anyone else find it odd how ESPN replaces all the umlauts in German players' names with Es? Oezil, Loew, Mueller, etc. Just looks wierd :lol: like what is the point

Controversial Assistant Referee Humberto Clavijo Dropped for 2014 FIFA World Cup

FIFA have reportedly decided to replace the Colombian assistant referee who controversially took away two legal goals from the Mexican team in their opening round win over Cameroon.

Per The Columbus Dispatch, Humberto Clavijo will not be part of the officiating crew in charge of the Group H match between Russia and the Korea Republic. His replacement will be Ecuador's Christian Lescano.

Clavijo appeared to be over-eager to prove himself in the fixture between Mexico and Cameroon, much to the despair of Giovanni Dos Santos, who saw his chances of opening his scoring tally in this World Cup denied by two very close decisions, including one goal that clearly should have stood.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...berto-clavijo-dropped-for-2014-fifa-world-cup

Both Xabi and Xavi taking a stepback. One's retiring the other is leaving the big stages.

Last edited:
Xabi's performance made no sense because he showed he still had plenty left in the tank for RM to the point people thought his suspension from the CL final would be a big factor.

I really think it was more mental than physical with Spain. These dudes either have mentally checked out of top level football, or are only focused on club football.

Back
Top Bottom