The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Damb I dont get FS1

So EPL is on NBC (channel 5 right?) La Liga/Ligue 1 on Bein and whats on FS1? CL ?

Wait, do you think NBC is the same channel for all of us? :lol:

EPL is on NBC Sports channel, with very limited but important games being shown on the regular NBC channel; in this case, your channel 5.

Damb I dont get FS1

So EPL is on NBC (channel 5 right?) La Liga/Ligue 1 on Bein and whats on FS1? CL ?

EPL is on NBC Sports channel, with very limited but important games being shown on the regular NBC channel; in this case, your channel 5.

lmao. Now that you say I dont know why I did :wow: :wow:

Damn, Everton is looking extra strong this year. I forgot they picked up Deulofeu. Imagine if they were able to keep Fellaini.

Damb I dont get FS1

lmao. Now that you say I dont know why I did :wow: :wow:

:lol: it's all good man :lol: had me do a double take for a second

You know I watched the Mexico vs Hondurous game I dvr'd & I'd swear some of those players took money to lose. I would say the same about the US team. Both El Tri & the USNT played defense so poorly there is no way anyone playing at that level should have played that fundamentally poorly...

You know I watched the Mexico vs Hondurous game I dvr'd & I'd swear some of those players took money to lose. I would say the same about the US team. Both El Tri & the USNT played defense so poorly there is no way anyone playing at that level should have played that fundamentally poorly...
Looking for excuses to help cope with the loss? Both US and MX played terrible yesterday. With MX it could be the lack of chemistry with the coach and lack of drive to perform better. Perhaps now that chepo is gone, we might see a change in pace with the MXNT. As far as the US, don't know why they lost their thunder, probably got too comfortable or something.

Looking for excuses to help cope with the loss? Both US and MX played terrible yesterday. With MX it could be the lack of chemistry with the coach and lack of drive to perform better. Perhaps now that chepo is gone, we might see a change in pace with the MXNT. As far as the US, don't know why they lost their thunder, probably got too comfortable or something.

Don't need to cope with a loss. I love football but I don't take it that seriously. I just find it amazing how tremendous the loss of form is for both teams, especially Mexico. They just won an Olympic gold medal not too long ago. Mexico should be a lot further along than this. Liga MX has strong quality of play & good youth development. I enjoy watching them play but this isn't the El Tri I'm used to seeing.

As far as the US. I'm not surprised about the loss. I kinda expected Costa Rica to win. It was amazing to see just how strong their attack was. The headers had mean intent. I just can't believe how bad the back 4 was. Not one of those guys played well.

Last edited:
I hope Wenger was watching, Joel Campbell was such a threat. He's improved well and there's more to come. It's a shame he was loaned out to Olympiacos, wanted to see him get some PL action. But some CL experience will be good for him. PSG will top the group. Benfica in second, at this point it's hard for me to say who'll get third between the Greek side and Anderlecht. I didn't realize Biglia was sold to Lazio. A loss for his former club but a good move for him.

I guess they have to find someway to keep busy now that the transfer window is closed :lol:
@TheFootballBar The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal are keen to sign Ilkay Gundogan, of Dortmund and Lars Bender of Bayer Leverkusen in January. #AFC
- Arsene Wenger has requested a scouting report on Borussia Dortmund's 24-year-old German forward Marco Reus, say the Telegraph
@Football__Zone Arsenal are close to signing free agent Ciprian Marica. 27-year old Romanian released by Schalke. (SkySports) #AFC

About Mexico.

1) If you guys mean "It's the players" when suggesting their the problem, then your right. It's the players we DON"T have on the team.
2) So we will play New Zealand in a playoff. It's ******g New Zealand the same team that lost to Tahiti. If you think for a second we will lose that game **** >:

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm late but Bein Sport has the worst commentating duo for the majority of their Ligue 1 and La Liga games. A hacky, morning radio sounding American teamed with your typical blustery, annoying Scotsman. And to top it off they're piped in from a remote studio that's probably in the Culver City area.

It's also so strange to me that if I wanted to I could purchase the cable package that gives me league games from Colombia, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Chile but there's no Bundesliga whatsoever.  How rich would you have to be get *every* game in the US?

Thought this was pretty cool

Since this is a Belgium video, whats cool about this is how there are French subtitles for the Dutch speakers and Dutch subtitles for the French speakers. Amazes me how a country like Belgium has continued to exist this way for so long. I say again, such a strange country.

Last edited:
About Mexico.

1) If you guys mean "It's the players" when suggesting their the problem, then your right. It's the players we DON"T have on the team.
2) So we will play New Zealand in a playoff. It's ******g New Zealand the same team that lost to Tahiti. If you think for a second we will lose that game **** >:
lol

mexico is top tier garbage pan fry b. I support the team, but I see the reality of it. The players that aren't on the team shouldn't drag the team behind since MX played so well without them last year, so no, Vela isn't the savior of Mexico. Stop looking for an excuse to help you cope with mexico's horrible team. They have the talent, they got olympic gold, yet most of those players aren't starters, what does that say about the state of the mexican team? Why are these olympic gold medalists being benched? Why is mexico is bad? Why does everyone think Vela is gonna save the team? Last I checked, Gio and Hernandez were still attending, so what is it? Now that chepo is gone, there could be a change. I mean, the temporary coach was responsible for taking the team for olympic glory, so maybe he can change something. And hey, since some of you guys love your little vela so much, he might be able to bring him back lel.

Last edited:
lol

mexico is top tier garbage pan fry b. I support the team, but I see the reality of it. The players that aren't on the team shouldn't drag the team behind since MX played so well without them last year, so no, Vela isn't the savior of Mexico. Stop looking for an excuse to help you cope with mexico's horrible team. They have the talent, they got olympic gold, yet most of those players aren't starters, what does that say about the state of the mexican team? Why are these olympic gold medalists being benched? Why is mexico is bad? Why does everyone think Vela is gonna save the team? Last I checked, Gio and Hernandez were still attending, so what is it? Now that chepo is gone, there could be a change. I mean, the temporary coach was responsible for taking the team for olympic glory, so maybe he can change something. And hey, since some of you guys love your little vela so much, he might be able to bring him back lel.

Completely agree, why does a whole national team depend on one player. Like psk said the manager is only part of the whole problem.

Chepo was an extremely small part of the problem but the easiest to get rid of so that the Mexican FA looks like its doing something.

The bottom line is this generation of El Tri need to realize what it means to where that shirt & I'm not certain they do.

This side won an Olympic gold medal playing against great competition. They should be playing much better than this.

Part of the problem is there are no leaders on this team...

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm late but Bein Sport has the worst commentating duo for the majority of their Ligue 1 and La Liga games. A hacky, morning radio sounding American teamed with your typical blustery, annoying Scotsman. And to top it off they're piped in from a remote studio that's probably in the Culver City area.

It's also so strange to me that if I wanted to I could purchase the cable package that gives me league games from Colombia, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Chile but there's no Bundesliga whatsoever.  How rich would you have to be get *every* game in the US?

Didn't most of the carriers that carry Bein Sport, just do away with GolTV and replace it Bein?
For U-Verse users, if you didn't know, BeinSports has been picked up. Not sure if it's apart of a package of you have to pay for it.

Thought this was pretty cool

Since this is a Belgium video, whats cool about this is how there are French subtitles for the Dutch speakers and Dutch subtitles for the French speakers. Amazes me how a country like Belgium has continued to exist this way for so long. I say again, such a strange country.

And German is also an official language but obviously it's not as spoken as French and Dutch. I remember reading that English is spoken a lot too, a second or third language for many. And then you have several dialects, it just doesn't stop :lol:
I would love to visit the country some day

Chepo was an extremely small part of the problem but the easiest to get rid of so that the Mexican FA looks like its doing something.

The bottom line is this generation of El Tri need to realize what it means to where that shirt & I'm not certain they do.

This side won an Olympic gold medal playing against great competition. They should be playing much better than this.

Part of the problem is there are no leaders on this team...
agreed. I think MX fans are waiting for Vela to start leading the team to glory, but the team performed at top level in the olympics, so thats not even the issue. The MX team that went to the olympics was probably my one of my favorite MX 's squads. They dominated and you could see the hunger on these young mens eyes. The way they played, the fluidity, the team effort was there. No vela, no chicha. Man, Mexico went against brazil which had Neymar, Hulk, Oscar, Marcelo, Thiago silva, I mean c'mon b, thats a top tier squad and mexico managed to come up on top. Mexico and their fans that cry for vela are pretty pathetic to me. The whole team has to be reworked and I hope whatever issues the MX team has will be solved ASAP because MX needs that fluidity, that team effort to start playing like the fans know they can.

I won't even be mad if MX loses to NZ, as crazy as it sounds, it can happen.

Last edited:
Granted it was Australia, Brazil looked great yesterday even without key players... What's up with Hulk lately? He didn't play yesterday but when he has previously this year, he gets a lot of playing time but barely registers or contributes.

There were 60,000 people at Celtic Park for Stiliyan Petrov's emotional charity match, but all anyone talked about after it was over was how Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor knocked One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson out of the game. Former Celtic and Aston Villa midfielder Petrov, who is in remission from leukemia, assembled a team including the likes of John Terry, Dimitar Berbatov, Gareth Barry and other footballers and celebrities to face a Celtic squad including Henrik Larsson and Neil Lennon.

Early in the second half, with Petrov's side up 3-1 (they would go on to win 5-3), the Petrov XI's Agbonlahor knocked Tomlinson to the ground while attempting to take the ball off him. It wasn't the hardest of hits — and it shouldn't have been a problem for someone who recently signed for Doncaster Rovers — but for a diminutive boyband member, it was apparently like getting hit by a train.

Dazed and limping, Tomlinson asked to come off. And then he vomited into his hand.

Some members of One Direction's hardcore fanbase decided to try and defend Tomlinson by making death threats against Agbonlahor on Twitter because they're teenagers and take silly things far too seriously.

"It was one of those things," said Agbonlahor of the incident. "I'll apologise to Louis when we meet up with everybody after the game."

Agbonlahor will likely be enshrined in the English Football Hall of Fame on Monday for his contribution to the game.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom