The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Roma will get a big fee for Strootman as well.

Always have liked DDR.

Marquinho a nice footballer.

Strootman maybe l he is a great player but dude is 24. He will be with us for a few season. By the time we consider selling him De Rossi will be 31-32 year young.

Basically Strootman is De Rossi replacement

Last edited:
Technically 23. Nice career at PSV. Dutch Roy Keane. United should have outbid Roma. Moyes badly needs his creativity, vision, balance on the ball.

Oh yea forgot to celebrate Roma being a top of the Table 5 for 5, 15 points!

Roma Roma Roma
core de 'sta Citta
unico grande amore
de tanta e tanta ggente

Technically 23. Nice career at PSV. Dutch Roy Keane. United should have outbid Roma. Moyes badly needs his creativity, vision, balance on the ball.

23? Really? **** FIFA 14 is already ******g with me :lol:

Strootman is going to be like any other player who gets fed up if they don't play CL. Roma are looking good but not good enough to finish top 3. Hope I'm wrong.

Also we should look into bringing Borini back!

Who needs all of that creativity, balance and vision when you can just get good ol brawler like Fellaini. :smh:

Who needs all of that creativity, balance and vision when you can just get good ol brawler like Fellaini. :smh:

Roma will get a big fee for Strootman as well.

Always have liked DDR.

Marquinho a nice footballer.

Strootman maybe l he is a great player but dude is 24. He will be with us for a few season. By the time we consider selling him De Rossi will be 31-32 year young.

Basically Strootman is De Rossi replacement

I thought that was General Bradley :nerd:...but really though Romas midfield is top class

We need to move away from the crosses into the box all the time mentality.. all top clubs have creative players not only in the middle of the park but also on the wings as well. Sure they can deliver a brillant cross but they also can cut in and help tear a team apart. United can replicate this by utilizing what we have and maybe bringing in a player like this in january. I still think moyes needs to try rooney on the wing and put Kagawa behind RVP. Rooney has the ability to play practically any postion on the pitch, yes he lacks pace but he can more than make up for that. Additionally Zaha and Nani need to play ALOT MORE.

I wouldnt mind seeing Rooney playing up top with kagawa behind him this weekend.. atleast till 2nd half when we can get RVP a good 30 mins.

Last edited:
I thought that was General Bradley :nerd:...but really though Romas midfield is top class

Bradley a De Rossi replacement? No.

He's a good sub though.

I just can't wait to see what Garcia does with some of these players. Dude is some what responsible for the beast that is Eden Hazard. Maybe he can lore Thorgan out here???

Last edited:
We need to move away from the crosses into the box all the time mentality.. all top clubs have creative players not only in the middle of the park but also on the wings as well. Sure they can deliver a brillant cross but they also can cut in and help tear a team apart. United can replicate this by utilizing what we have and maybe bringing in a player like this in january. I still think moyes needs to try rooney on the wing and put Kagawa behind RVP. Rooney has the ability to play practically any postion on the pitch, yes he lacks pace but he can more than make up for that. Additionally Zaha and Nani need to play ALOT MORE.

I wouldnt mind seeing Rooney playing up top with kagawa behind him this weekend.. atleast till 2nd half when we can get RVP a good 30 mins.

"He did OK. I thought he grew into the game a little bit more," Moyes told reporters after the victory which set up a fourth round clash at home to Norwich. "There were bits which I was pleased with, and bits where we were looking for a little bit more. Overall, he's still getting back.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2013/09/26/4290585/moyes-kagawa-still-has-room-to-improve

The guy is asking Kagawa a world class #10 to play on the wing and cross the ball in, and is saying he has room to improve.

Absolutely ridiculous. Then wants to complain about his fitness, while not playing the man.

While RVP is injured, I can't see how on earth any manager in the world would not at least try starting Kagawa right behind Rooney.

*disclaimer* I will sound like broken record until this man is sacked.

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique and Real Madrid full-back Alvaro Arbeloa were involved in a curious online exchange after Carlo Ancelotti's side controversially beat Elche in La Liga on Wednesday night.

Cristiano Ronaldo gave Madrid the lead with a free kick following what looked like a fairly harmless challenge and after Richmond Boakye had levelled in the 92nd minute, the Portuguese handed his side a last-gasp win from the penalty spot as he converted a highly contentious spot kick deep into added time.

Home fans thought the final whistle should have been blown by then (even though Elche scored in added time), while the penalty award (for an alleged foul by Carlos Sanchez on Pepe) was another dubious decision. Referee Cesar Muniz Fernandez had also earlier failed to send off Sergio Ramos for a cynical body-check on Ferran Corominas when the Madrid defender had already been booked.

"I'm watching a comedy film on Canal + Liga," Pique tweeted after the final whistle. "It's always good this time of night."

But later, Arbeloa hit back as he wrote: "Very happy with the three points! [And] I'm glad some people have swapped theatre for cinema, that's always good!"

Nice jabs lol. Some witty barbs coming from the footballers.

"He did OK. I thought he grew into the game a little bit more," Moyes told reporters after the victory which set up a fourth round clash at home to Norwich. "There were bits which I was pleased with, and bits where we were looking for a little bit more. Overall, he's still getting back.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2013/09/26/4290585/moyes-kagawa-still-has-room-to-improve

The guy is asking Kagawa a world class #10 to play on the wing and cross the ball in, and is saying he has room to improve.

Absolutely ridiculous. Then wants to complain about his fitness, while not playing the man.

While RVP is injured, I can't see how on earth any manager in the world would not at least try starting Kagawa right behind Rooney.

In the few moments I was able to watch the game at work, Kagawa was running for his life on the field trying to make things happen. He got a little winded at times which is to be expected when you haven't seen the pitch 6-7 games into the new campaign.

It's still young into his regime & the new campaign/season but Moyes looks to be very stubborn, too rigid, & not comfortable on the level Man U is expected to play on.

In the few moments I was able to watch the game at work, Kagawa was running for his life on the field trying to make things happen. He got a little winded at times which is to be expected when you haven't seen the pitch 6-7 games into the new campaign.

It's still young into his regime & the new campaign/season but Moyes looks to be very stubborn, too rigid, & not comfortable on the level Man U is expected to play on.

You're 100% correct. He was running all over the place, because he continuously tried to get into the middle where he's actually affective.

And when he did, it showed. In the second half Moyes said he improved; obviously he did, cause Shinji decided to try and play up the middle as much as he could.

Thought this was a timely article on Martinez at Everton. :lol:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1558420/there-no-long-balls-everton?cc=5901

Martinez: No long balls at Everton

Everton manager Roberto Martinez insists he will stick to his principles to make the “big changes” he feels will bring success to the Toffees.

Martinez, who replaced David Moyes at Goodison Park in June, wants to develop an adventurous style of football with the emphasis on possession.

The Spaniard is unbeaten since taking charge at Everton, following up three Premier League draws with a 1-0 victory over Chelsea last Saturday.

The former Swansea and Wigan boss is adamant that he would never tell a defender to launch a hopeful long ball forward -- and that he is prepared to accept mistakes as his players get used to his ways.

He also believes that the Goodison Park crowd showed during the Chelsea match that they are on his side.

Martinez told the Guardian: “I was so impressed with the patience of the crowd. I know you’ll get the odd reaction because it’s something new but if you want to have big results there has to be a big change.

“Otherwise, if you don’t change things you’re not going to have big changes. We know as a football club that if we stick together in this transitional period we’re going to get the benefits. That’s clear.

“At Swansea, it took six or seven months to get the crowd to understand what we were trying to do. We had a period of seven months in League One where we were getting booed off but once you assimilate the concepts and the way of playing, the crowd understands it. I don’t think the crowd at Swansea would accept any other way of playing now.

“At Wigan, it took us a long time but allowed us to stay in the Premier League for three seasons and win an FA Cup. I think the crowd is intelligent enough to see why we’re doing certain things and will always support the players when they’re trying to be brave for a reason. It’s one thing to be stupid and another is being brave and trying to see the end product.”

Martinez believes that long-ball football and short-term fixes are of little benefit to a club.

He added: “I would never do that because there is a reason behind it. Maybe you will win a game but you’re not going to achieve your aim over the season. You’re always looking at the long term.

“One thing is winning games but there is also knowing how to win games and that doesn’t happen overnight. The football concepts and the way of playing is very clear and you have to be quite stubborn.”

Confirmed torn ACL for van Ginkel. :\

Sunderland appear to be hiring Gus Fring...er...Poyet to run their empire. Poyet was last seen getting told he was fired by Brighton while doing pundit work on BBC.

Gotta applaud Martinez for trying to improve/correct Everton's style and going against the grain of typical English huff and pray football.

Confirmed torn ACL for van Ginkel. :\

Sunderland appear to be hiring Gus Fring...er...Poyet to run their empire. Poyet was last seen getting told he was fired by Brighton while doing pundit work on BBC.

Damn, hope van Ginkel has a speedy recovery... That leg/knee twist looked horrible. When my son saw it the other day he had both hands to the sides of his face & was like "Ewww". The look on his face was priceless.

Last edited:
Gotta applaud Martinez for trying to improve/correct Everton's style and going against the grain of typical English huff and pray football.

Yeah the tide has turned, Swansea and Everton and even Liverpool have joined total football possession based game. Its no longer the future of football, it's the present. Respect to Martinez for actively making the changes, implementing his way (believing in Barkley as a #10). He's really earned the fans and players trust. The fact his unbeaten games recently are against the likes of Norwich, West Ham and Chelsea show real intent.

Martinez's best move yet is employing Barkley in the 10 hole.

Arbeloa is not the man to be speaking up for RM. But I'm glad someone responded to Piqué, who needs to concentrate on his own defensive form.

Confirmed torn ACL for van Ginkel.
ohwell.gif

Damn, hope van Ginkel has a speedy recovery... That leg/knee twist looked horrible. When my son saw it the other day he had both hands to the sides of his face & was like "Ewww". The look on his face was priceless.
sick.gif
. Looks like Mikel has to step up his ****. Chelsea as a whole have to step it up, their form this season has been terrible. 

Back
Top Bottom