The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

And that's that. Avoided the huge embarrassment of not going to Brazil with LOTS of help. Still don't know what to expect but at least they're going to the dance.Good night gentlemen

It's a damn shame we wont see Ibra at the WC, That is probably his last chance to be at the Finals,

But my boy Cristiano :smokin

You guys remember this? :smoking
That was such a great ad-campaign.

Anyway...

Sweden+v+Portugal+MQzeXfAmzLax.jpg

Sweden+v+Portugal+vHBVKzOlPUux.jpg

Sweden+v+Portugal+Z5CK0PBk-Ejx.jpg

Sweden+v+Portugal+fC8UP4-1AR2x.jpg

Sweden+v+Portugal+KmSEH0rmhG_x.jpg

Last edited:
@_RyanAFC Loew (Germany coach): "Gnabry is really good, he has exceptional qualities. I'm open to the idea of taking him to the World Cup next year."

:pimp: :pimp:

@_RyanAFC Loew (Germany coach): "Gnabry is really good, he has exceptional qualities. I'm open to the idea of taking him to the World Cup next year."

Id be very very surprised if he got picked, Who would he replace, Germany stacked for Midfield options

Agudelo's work permit appeal was rejected - so it appears he won't be moving to Stoke in January.
Obviously news in the US...but curious if this if this is the start of a more stringent process in the UK with all the talk of foreigners dominating the EPL and England's squad being crap as a result.

So the Ballon d'Or voting has definitely been extended to Nov 29th & per ESPN's Gabriele Marcotti, it's due to low voter participation. He also writes that votes already cast can now be changed.

This is a another FIFA mess. What they should've done is have the foresight to include these WC qualifying play off games (especially since several of the nominees were playing) & had the original voting deadline as the 29th not the 15th.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10623?cc=5901

Some pundits are saying Khedira may not make it to the WC squad because of the long lay off & recovery that's expected. Khedira's injury coupled with injuries to Schweinsteiger(struggling with ankle injury post surgery all season) & Gundogan (back problems dating back to August) could mean there are spots open. Germany also has injuries in the back 4 with Badstuber being out since tearing up his knee. Its seems like a lot of the German nationals are hurt or ailing.

On paper Germany should be one of the favorites to win next year's WC even with these injuries but the question make is whether or not Loew is capable of leading them to win. Loew is proof that you can have a talent laden side, but you still need a manager capable of leading the team in order to win.

Edit - I know European teams have traditionally not won the WC when it's in South Americ but if Germany doesn't do well, I'd like to see DFB let go of Loew & turn over the reigns to Horst Hrubesch whose worked hard over the years winning with the U19 & U21 German teams.

Last edited:
So the Ballon d'Or voting has definitely been extended to Nov 29th & per ESPN's Gabriele Marcotti, it's due to low voter participation. He also writes that votes already cast can now be changed.

This is a another FIFA mess. What they should've done is have the foresight to include these WC qualifying play off games (especially since several of the nominees were playing) & had the original voting deadline as the 29th not the 15th.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10623?cc=5901

Does not help when you got dumb players like Thiago Silva voting who forgets to vote for his best friend Neymar like he promised to :lol:

Last edited:
Ill take Brazil, Algeria, Japan.

This is taking into conseration that im not sure how the drawing pool works

Yeah, each group has at least 1 UEFA team, 1 seeded team, 1 from Africa/South America and 1 from CONCACAF/AFC. Now that was 2010 so they may tweak that to get the pots equal but there is no chance that will be a group.

I know you CR7 stans slept well last night. I hope they get the group of death and don't advance past the group stage

Mandžukić Red Card

red.gif
this guy is a scumbag :smh:
he did something similar in the friendly against Belgium but he didn't get a red card for it

After arguing between management and FIFA staff.

Reina has now come on, as the 7th sub.

I'm gonna have to try this move out :pimp:

I hate the French
man, if you don't get the entire **** outta here with that ********

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom