The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@CentreTransfer: Sergio Agüero has told Manuel Pellegrini that he wants to leave Manchester City at the end of the season for Barcelona. (Sport)

abovelegit1 - you mentioned on a recent post that you wanted Diego Costa when talking of Barca looking for a striker & hinted at not wanting Aguero. How come? Is he too short for your taste?

Last edited:
I've just read the worst news in the Portuguese papers. FC Porto has not renewed there contract with Nike and are in negotiations with Warrior. How the hell is Warrior getting all this money? How did this brand just come out of nowhere and snag Liverpool? - I don't get it. Porto Nike kits are some of the best kits in the world, we've been part of Nike for so long now. Give us the money Nike!! We are growing in popularity in South America! :smh:

Anyways, new Bayern kits for next year. Barcelona/Bayern, Pep style. :lol:

View media item 679147

Last edited:
Cristiano Ronaldo opening museum dedicated to -- Cristiano Ronaldo
Posted by Chris Wright
RECOMMEND0TWEET1EMAIL

John Peters/Getty Images
The sweater Cristiano Ronaldo wore when he signed with Alex Ferguson and Manchester United in 2003 is worthy of inclusion in Ronaldo's new museum.
Given that he reportedly rakes in around about 290,000 pounds a week at Real Madrid, it's probably fair to assume that Cristiano Ronaldo has a healthy amount of disposable income -- disposable enough, it would appear, that he is planning to use to create a museum dedicated entirely to his favourite subject: himself.

According to Marca, Ronaldo's Ronaldo shrine is scheduled to open in the town of Funchal on the Portuguese island of Madeira (his birthplace) on Dec. 15 and will showcase his "individual football trophies along with other memorabilia associated with his career" such as photographs, jerseys, photographs and a healthy smattering of black-and-white, full-length, partially-nude photographs.

Ronaldo himself is due to attend the grand opening and is currently spending a few days in Madeira with his mother and his young son, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., to smooth over a few final details with the museum's organising committee.

One a personal level, we hope Ronaldo will find a bit of room in his museum for the utterly superb knitwear (above) he wore to shake Sir Alex's hand when he signed for Manchester United in 2003 -- though it would definitely have to be displayed with a "may cause seizures" warning.

Instead of pictures of his family, Ronaldo has pictures of himself in his wallet.

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Welbeck, 香川真司, Rooney

eiddy - f it were up to you, who would you hire to manage Man U? I'm not asking this as a loaded question, just curious who you would like (If you could name anyone).

Last edited:
I'll be livid if Kun snubs RM for Barca. That's unforgivable.

Mastamind: Where you work?

I work at a bank in Queens. What about you?

I thought Ozil would be rested today, great opportunity for it. Start Walcott and even Gnabry could have gotten some PT.

I figured Bendter would start today. If not him, our other options would be Park, Adobe and Akpom.

I'm expecting a win but a tough one. 2-1

eiddy - f it were up to you, who would you hire to manage Man U? I'm not asking this as a loaded question, just curious who you would like (If you could name anyone).

None are available and in no particular order but:

-Klopp
-AVB (believe it or not :lol: )
-Pellegrini (transitional period)
-Guardiola
-Heynckes (transitional period)
-Benítez
-Mourinho

And that's just off the top of my head.

If I sat down and thought about it. I could probably think of 20 names that deserve to be there over Moyes.

I'd like to see a manager who, has proven himself and won something. A manager who is young and can guide the club for years (granted 26 years is not something we'll probably ever see again in modern football, but 8-12 years would be nice), someone who actually has tactics, and can change them mid-game. Someone who has experience at the highest level, winning and losing (knowing how to come back), someone who can find, mould and play youth. I'm sure I could list more reasons to be manager of a club of United's size.

Moyes has none of those qualities.

Coup- Quaresma back with porto for 2 years.  your thoughts?  i know porto has been struggling lately but are they that desperate?  and i guess he wants another shot to be called up for the world cup.

mean.gif
 Altidore with the goal vs Chelsea

and Lampard with the response 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
 Coup- Quaresma back with porto for 2 years.  your thoughts?  i know porto has been struggling lately but are they that desperate?  and i guess he wants another shot to be called up for the world cup.

Did he? News must have just broke. There were rumors about it but I'm thrilled. One of the most skilled players I've ever seen when he was on top of his game.

He's 30 but I think he has game left man, if these years in Turkey and Qatar have humbled him I'm sure he'll be a smarter player. However, his form must be horrible. He needs to get back in training ASAP.

Desperate? We're getting there man. We have been horrible lately. I don't think I've seen such a bad run in years. We can't get any worse adding RQ7.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom