The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I love the MLS.

But as a Bradley fan, this is upsetting and disappointing.

Hopefully its the 6 month loan... but regardless, don't go to the MLS.

Last edited:
smh another american chased from his club by competition.. you suppose to stay there and get yourself back into the team Mike, not leave for a pay increase and easier league...

Jurgen has to put a stop to this

smh another american chased from his club by competition.. you suppose to stay there and get yourself back into the team Mike, not leave for a pay increase and easier league...

Jurgen has to put a stop to this

Man this has always been a problem with americans over in europe and even in pro sports here. Always want the easy way out. But in a way its a WC year so he needs all the game time he can get, but to go to mls? Cmon man. Atleast go to BPL or somewhere in France. Anywhere but Toronto freaking FC

I too had some reservations about the appointment of Moyes.. but from what I have seen so far the players are equally if not more responsible for these results. Playing wide and sending crosses into the box has always been a united tactic, yet that too is being made a moyes thing and only because it hasn't been effective.. Yet ppl wanna act like we played amazing football under SAF, well that all stopped when ronaldo left.. last few years were not pretty but they were semi effective. Our fortress (old trafford) started to crumble under SAF as well... SAF was able to patch these issues up and we overlooked it because at the end of the day who was gonna challenge him, but the writing has been on the wall for years now. You question Moyes's ability to draw top talent but plenty of players declined to join united during the end of SAF's era and you have to think its because they could tell we weren't the giants of the past. Someone is gonna mention RVP but aside from him who else have we been able to bring in? I am not blaming SAF for this either, deff boils down to the owners and their unwillingness to address these issues before changing managers

Moyes has made some dodgy choices but he has also given most of the team a fair share of playing time (zaha aside) and Januzaj has been the only stand out. I was all for Kagawa but honestly he has not really impressed in his year and a half in manchester. You can argue he hasn't played in his 10 role, but who in their right mind starts him over Rooney in this form and the 2-3 times he has played in that role this year he hasn't really impressed. Great players force their way into a team, he has played himself out of the team, now Januzaj is preferred over him.

I really believe had RVP, Rooney and Carrick all been healthy we would be in the top four, pushing for the title..

Yea, you make some good points. It's not like they were playing beautiful football under Sir Alex.

But they were winning, thats something Moyes has never done - win. Do't think he was qualified for this position. Thats Ferguson's fault really, not the owners. Fergie chose him (I think for the wrong reasons).

I too had some reservations about the appointment of Moyes.. but from what I have seen so far the players are equally if not more responsible for these results. Playing wide and sending crosses into the box has always been a united tactic, yet that too is being made a moyes thing and only because it hasn't been effective.. Yet ppl wanna act like we played amazing football under SAF, well that all stopped when ronaldo left.. last few years were not pretty but they were semi effective. Our fortress (old trafford) started to crumble under SAF as well... SAF was able to patch these issues up and we overlooked it because at the end of the day who was gonna challenge him, but the writing has been on the wall for years now. You question Moyes's ability to draw top talent but plenty of players declined to join united during the end of SAF's era and you have to think its because they could tell we weren't the giants of the past. Someone is gonna mention RVP but aside from him who else have we been able to bring in? I am not blaming SAF for this either, deff boils down to the owners and their unwillingness to address these issues before changing managers

Moyes has made some dodgy choices but he has also given most of the team a fair share of playing time (zaha aside) and Januzaj has been the only stand out. I was all for Kagawa but honestly he has not really impressed in his year and a half in manchester. You can argue he hasn't played in his 10 role, but who in their right mind starts him over Rooney in this form and the 2-3 times he has played in that role this year he hasn't really impressed. Great players force their way into a team, he has played himself out of the team, now Januzaj is preferred over him.

I really believe had RVP, Rooney and Carrick all been healthy we would be in the top four, pushing for the title..

United didn't play amazing football under SAF. But rather very effective British football under SAF. If Moyes wants to try and replicate the same style of play and tactics as SAF, he'll have to be effective at it. True, top talent hasn't come to united for a while, for various reasons. Most importantly, has been the Glazers lack of spending, and hoping SAF can buy them years while chowing into the debt. I'm hoping this will now bring the Glazers to pull out the cheque book, but to attract quality, Moyes needed to be on a winning streak. Potential players need to see intent and potential in a man who's won nothing. Right now, all they see is despair.

All of these United targets, Reus, Koke etc, definitely won't come, cause why would they when you look at the impending train wreck. At least with SAF, like that article says, who's going to question a winning man. I also think top talent didn't want to come at the tail end of his run, cause he's 73, it's not like he had a lot of time left. Potential players could see he was on his way out....

Last edited:
@FootballFunnys: Ethiad = Fortress

4-0 v NUFC
2-0 v HCFC
4-1 v MUFC
3-1 v EFC
7-0 v NCFC
6-0 v THFC
3-0 v SCFC
6-3 v AFC
2-1 v LFC
1-0 v CPFC
6-0 v WHUFC

@UberFotbalFacts: Manchester City are one goal short of last season's total with 5 months to spare

United didn't play amazing football under SAF. But rather very effective British football under SAF. If Moyes wants to try and replicate the same style of play and tactics as SAF, he'll have to be effective at it. True, top talent hasn't come to united for a while, for various reasons. Most importantly, has been the Glazers lack of spending, and hoping SAF can buy them years while chowing into the debt. I'm hoping this will now bring the Glazers to pull out the cheque book, but to attract quality, Moyes needed to be on a winning streak. Potential players need to see intent and potential in a man who's won nothing. Right now, all they see is despair.

All of these United targets, Reus, Koke etc, definitely won't come, cause why would they when you look at the impending train wreck. At least with SAF, like that article says, who's going to question a winning man. I also think top talent didn't want to come at the tail end of his run, cause he's 73, it's not like he had a lot of time left. Potential players could see he was on his way out....

wages is a driving force behind building a team as of late.. United CAN sign those players, but like teams before them they are gonna have to pay through the nose to get them (wages). Only teams i see still being able to sign players off sheer draw of the club alone has been bayern and barca and even they are paying high wages to boot

Man this has always been a problem with americans over in europe and even in pro sports here. Always want the easy way out. But in a way its a WC year so he needs all the game time he can get, but to go to mls? Cmon man. Atleast go to BPL or somewhere in France. Anywhere but Toronto freaking FC

Per the reports today, Bradley is making just over 1 million at Roma.

The mooted salary at Toronto FC?

$6.5M/year.

That ain't a hard decision.

Per the reports today, Bradley is making just over 1 million at Roma.

The mooted salary at Toronto FC?

$6.5M/year.

That ain't a hard decision.

Guess i aint eem mad. Would do the same thing

this dude Messi smh 
laugh.gif

i know he had that last defender on skates which is why he blew by him, but it seriously looked like when a dude in the NBA just gets out of the way of a Blake Griffin dunk to avoid getting postered 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't think he is certainly out of place, even with Naingglon, I think it could work. Out of 18 games, Bradley played 11 and he started in 5. Was injured for a bit, just got back, now would be the time to fight for your place in a squad or go elsewhere in Europe but certainly not the MLS. There def is a mid-low level table club whether it's the in the Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL and etc that he could play for. MLS doesn't start until March 8th, the training and preseason matches with TFC won't be anywhere near as beneficial as training and what playing time he gets with Roma. JK def isn't happy with this.

Joel Campbell is having one hell of a loan spell with Olympiakos. It's a shame we can't call him back. Apparently they have a buy option at 8mil. If they go with it, it's up to Campbell if he wants to stay with Arsenal or not. I would hate to see him leave having not played in the EPL yet especially if he continues the form he is in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom