The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

It was 7 years ago in the Copa del Rey semi final against the same club where a 19 year old Messi scored a goal in traffic like todays only this one was more spectacular...

Forca Barca!

:smokin

Last edited:
Ibra the destroyer reminding fools he's on the scene too with a hat trick in today's 5-2 Coupe de France win over Brest. :smokin

-Russian club Zenit St Petersburg are set to outbid Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham for Basle's 21-year-old winger Mohamed Salah .

-Crystal Palace want Blackpool winger Tom Ince, 21, and Everton striker Nikica Jelavic, 28, to bolster their survival bid.

--Paris St-Germain have joined French Ligue 1 rivals Monaco in holding an interest in 23-year-old Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker.

--Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz, 28, could be set to leave Craven Cottage for Spanish club Real Betis. Ruiz became Fulham's record signing when he arrived from FC Twente for £10.6m in 2011.

i'm pretty sure Smalling will be sold before the end of this transfer window...

Smalling apologises for costume

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has issued an apology after he was pictured dressed in a suicide bomber costume.

The front page of The Sun on Thursday shows the England international, 24, dressed as a “Jaegerbomber” -- a pun based on the drink as his outfit combined a military-style vest accompanied by two bottles of Jaegermeister.

The newspaper quoted a United insider as saying: “Some people at the club will be absolutely appalled by this. I am shocked and disgusted by his behaviour.”

The player’s management company, the Wasserman Media Group, said the decision to wear the costume had been “ill-thought out and insensitive.”

The statement read: “Chris and his girlfriend hosted a fancy dress party to celebrate Christmas and their belated birthdays with close friends in the assumed privacy of his own home.

“He dressed in a costume consisting of empty bottles of Jaegermeister and cans of Red Bull strapped to his chest in an attempted comedy play on the popular 'Jaegerbomb' drink.

“Although he fully accepts in hindsight it was an ill-thought out and insensitive decision, absolutely no harm was intended whatsoever and he apologises for any offence caused.”

View media item 735639

Man this has always been a problem with americans over in europe and even in pro sports here. Always want the easy way out. But in a way its a WC year so he needs all the game time he can get, but to go to mls? Cmon man. Atleast go to BPL or somewhere in France. Anywhere but Toronto freaking FC

Per the reports today, Bradley is making just over 1 million at Roma.

The mooted salary at Toronto FC?

$6.5M/year.

That ain't a hard decision.

Guess i aint eem mad. Would do the same thing

Messi smh dude gonna have a record 2014

Bradley should go to Mexico. They'll pay him whatever the MLS offers, and he'll be in a way more competitive league. Depending on the club, he can even play the Libertadores...

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has issued an apology after he was pictured dressed in a suicide bomber costume.

The front page of The Sun on Thursday shows the England international, 24, dressed as a “Jaegerbomber” -- a pun based on the drink as his outfit combined a military-style vest accompanied by two bottles of Jaegermeister.

The newspaper quoted a United insider as saying: “Some people at the club will be absolutely appalled by this. I am shocked and disgusted by his behaviour.”

The player’s management company, the Wasserman Media Group, said the decision to wear the costume had been “ill-thought out and insensitive.”

The statement read: “Chris and his girlfriend hosted a fancy dress party to celebrate Christmas and their belated birthdays with close friends in the assumed privacy of his own home.

“He dressed in a costume consisting of empty bottles of Jaegermeister and cans of Red Bull strapped to his chest in an attempted comedy play on the popular 'Jaegerbomb' drink.

“Although he fully accepts in hindsight it was an ill-thought out and insensitive decision, absolutely no harm was intended whatsoever and he apologises for any offence caused.”

View media item 735639

He's ignorant as **** for that

View media item 735639

And it's not like he's been holding down the fort back there lately.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's gone too.

"LOSER"

like imagine waking up and seeing yourself on the back page with that written 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

btw, I'm Muslim and not offended by that. i doubt he's any more racist than any other average dude, just seems like a young dude in fun spirits.

however, its still dumb of him to do considering the current domestic climate of relations with Muslims in the UK. And Man U has a global rep to maintain so people who know/are related to suicide bomb victims can find it offensive.

i highly doubt it effects the board in any way to consider transferring him, and it shouldn't unless he has a disciplinary history I haven't heard of.

none of the defenders have,to be honest...
real talk though,Smalling is a good defender...Sir Alex was the one who wanted to sign him...

but i've said it before...although he's relatively quick and athletic,he's a lot better in the middle than at RB...

Smalling had a good debut season and helped United to their 19th league title...even getting called up to the national team...
unfortunately he's had his share of injury problems recently,but i have no doubt that both him and Evans can be United's CB pairing for many years to come with Jones as CDM...

but we are talking about Moyes here so i have no idea what the future holds for him :lol:

Last edited:

none of the defenders have,to be honest...
real talk though,Smalling is a good CB...Sir Alex was the one who wanted to sign him...

but i've said it before...although he's relatively quick and athletic,he's a lot better in the middle than at RB...

Smalling had a good debut season and helped United to their 19th league title...even getting called up to the national team...
unfortunately he's had his share of injury problems recently,but i have no doubt that both him and Evans can be United's CB pairing for many years to come with Jones as CDM...

but we are talking about Moyes here so i have no idea what the future holds for him :lol:

You know damn well Smalling will go, and Jagielka and Distin will be brought in.

Smallings problem is he is like 10 feet talk and useless in the air... How that's even possible is beyond me.. IMO we absolutely need another CB in or we stand the chance of it becoming the same situation as CM

Borussia Dortmund are interested in signing Arsenal's German youngster Serge Gnabry. (BILD)

-a compliment of sorts, but not happening

Tottenham want Juventus striker Mirko Vučinić in part-exchange for any deal involving Erik Lamela. (Source: Daily Mirror)

Arsenal and Liverpool want to sign Anderlecht defender Cheikhou Kouyaté, his agent has claimed. (Daily Star)

Real Madrid are weighing up a move for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata as a potential replacement for Ángel di María. (Sport)

@AFCAcademy: Akpom has officially signed for League 1 side Brentford on loan until Feb 9th.

Per ESPNFC, Eintracht Frankfurt have confirmed that Sebastian Rode will join Bayern Munich on a free transfer when his contract expires in the summer.

The Lamela move makes sense.

Last edited:
Smallings problem is he is like 10 feet talk and useless in the air... How that's even possible is beyond me.. IMO we absolutely need another CB in or we stand the chance of it becoming the same situation as CM

that i can agree though... :lol:

having decent touch for a big man is no excuse for not winning enough high balls...

Looks like Bendter is back, so no need to worry about a striker anymore :lol:
I hope we can offload Park this window

Last edited:
I swear when he retires Zlatan will have the greatest highlight real of all time. This dude scores some of the most technically difficult goals i have ever seen. That first goal in his hat trick...the initial flick to start the break....the ball is bouncing across the box...he steps in with the outside of his opposite foot....blasts....not just makes decent contact....blasts...the ball out side of the foot past the keeper. Anyone who has played before knows how difficult it is to time a ball coming across like that especially on a bounce with a defender right in front of you....this dude is unreal

Last edited:
I understand that everyone likes a little banter but the stadium has been running on at least 95% average attendance for a few years running, so that's not exactly accurate. But don't let facts get in the way of your fun.

The ground is always empty though, Never has any atmosphere either, A funny story that sums up the City support is that in my town, Manchester United and Liverpool have a Bus each for the Supporters that goes to every game and the bus is always full, I sometimes go on the United one, Anyways City tried to do the same and only 2 people turned up for the bus, It was shortly cancelled :lol:

Call it a library and it's fine but it's not empty. But in all honesty the globalization of the big clubs, especially in England has definitely taken away from the atmosphere at a lot of the grounds, barring the Kop, maybe.

I've been to Stamford Bridge 4 times. 2 pre-Roman and 2 post and the atmosphere is dreadful now and getting worse.

I haven't been to Highbury or the Emirates but all I hear is something similar. I think this might be the way things are headed.

hugebird, you a Brit like Prettyboy RY7 too?

Edit - story below is funny...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1785/fi...naldo-cant-cash-in-on-ballon-dor?ICID=HP_HN_1

Jan 9, 2014 9:00:00 AM
A deal between Fifa and Lionel Messi's sponsor Adidas will prevent the Real Madrid superstar from using the award logo on his products if he triumphs on Monday
EXCLUSIVE
By Peter Staunton

Cristiano Ronaldo has been dealt a blow ahead of next week's Ballon d'Or announcement as details emerge of a deal between Adidas - the main sponsor of Lionel Messi - and Fifa.

Under the terms of the agreement, Adidas enjoys exclusive rights for the promotion of Fifa Ballon d'Or merchandise, while Nike, Ronaldo's main sponsor and that of fellow leading candidate Franck Ribery, does not possess the same privilege.

It means the Real Madrid forward, who is favourite to land the prize, will be unable to make money from the award in the same manner as his great rival and current holder.

"These official partnerships are the reasons why we can use the official award name within promotional activity and therefore, by the same token, why Nike could not," Ben Goldhagen, Senior PR Manager for Adidas UK and Ireland, told Goal.

Adidas produced a special edition f50 boot to commemorate Messi's fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or win last January and plans are afoot for a similar campaign in spring in the event of a Messi win in the 2013 voting.

"We would certainly look to repeat that approach next time around," Goldhagen said.

"Messi has his own limited edition boots coming in March [regardless of the Ballon d'Or outcome]."

Ronaldo and Nike, by contrast, would not be entitled to market such a Ballon d'Or-inspired boot in the event of a victory for the Portugal captain.

Adidas is one of Fifa's six World Cup 'official partners' and has supplied balls and equipment for every tournament since 1970. In November, the 43-year partnership was renewed to cover all Fifa events through 2030. The previous deal was renewed in 2005 at a cost of around €30m per year. The new agreement is believed to be worth significantly more.

Adidas predicts that its sales in the football category will reach record highs of €2 billion in 2014, up from a total of €1.7bn in 2012. Much of that sum will depend on Messi and his exposure in football's great untapped wilderness - America.

Marketing plans for the Argentina captain could be made all the more fruitful were he to win the Ballon d'Or. The company has already launched a Messi range of clothing and footwear and the Argentina international is only the second footballer after David Beckham to have such a line tailored by Adidas.

"He hasn't really been marketed in the US," the director of Adidas' North American football project, Ernesto Bruce, told the Oregonian in August. "We're going to market him as the world's best player. We think the 2014 World Cup will be historic for Messi."

Nike and Fifa declined to comment.

Last edited:
The notes accompanying this post on youtube says Pep is yelling something along the lines of, "This happens every game". The second vid shows Raul visiting the same Bayern training session on Doha. It's amazing this dude learned to speak, read, & write German so fluently for this job.

Back
Top Bottom