The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

:lol: eiddy, you gotta let go of that hate man...

Something light, 8 year old Argentine boy currently linked to RM's youth academy, Claudio Nancufil. His nickname is Messi of the Snow...

Whatever happened to that one English kid that a couple of years ago that was about the same age (maybe older) who had the cazy highlights. What was his name again? Is he doing anything?

Emmanuel.Eboue.JPG

^ what's that pic supposed to be?

Some more light fare for the thread today. Anderlecht & Juve players engaged in some skills challenges...

They tried to get Kakuta or Romeu in the deal Matic but Chelsea said no.
A lot of people think Podolski will be on his way out this summer and I can understand why they are saying that

I know I'm late, but Bradley really left Roma for Toronto FC :smh:

and Bryan Ruiz going to PSV instead of Betis lol

Giovani 2 Santos has been voted as the best transfer in La liga for the first half (according to Marca) :pimp:

Meanwhile at United, Moyes is saying there are no midfielders in the market.

Eiddy is right tho.

Want to know what I found hilarious the other day, Moyes being in Italy "scouting" the Juventus midfielders in the stands, trying to look like he was doing work.

Like Pogba would ever go back to United after they disrespected him or like Vidal's Chilean *** would leave for United :lol:

United are becoming that team Latin players don't want to go to :nerd:

Cortese has resigned from Southampton, what a loss for them!

Could be their undoing now....

Mauricio Pochettino said a while ago if Cortese goes, he goes too.

If that happens, unless a unique Tottenham-like situation with Tim Sherwood comes around, they could find themselves falling quick and fast into the relegation zone.

That's sad about Cortese. He was building a nice club & was going to focus on bolstering the youth program with the goal of elevating & then sustaining success. With him out of the pic, does that mean other teams will try raiding assets like Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, James Ward-Prowse, & Adam Lallana? I wonder what happened between Cortese & the owner. It was reported they had trouble earlier in the year but fixed the relationship over the summer... As an owner, why would you alienate someone that's been vital to your recent success?

That's sad about Cortese. He was building a nice club & was going to focus on bolstering the youth program with the goal of elevating & then sustaining success. With him out of the pic, does that mean other teams will try raiding assets like Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, James Ward-Prowse, & Adam Lallana? I wonder what happened between Cortese & the owner. It was reported they had trouble earlier in the year but fixed the relationship over the summer... As an owner, why would you alienate someone that's been vital to your recent success?
You can thank Katharina Liebherr for that. Apparently she has been trying to sell the club for the past year :smh:

Just as a reminder of how messed up the situation at Southampton really is...

"Cortese bought the Saints in 2009 on behalf of Markus Liebherr, a wealthy Swiss investor, to lift the south-coast club out of administration."

"He took on the day-to-day running of the club as they prepared to start the 2009-10 season at the foot of League One. The Saints had been docked 10 points for entering administration under the previous regime."

"And, after finishing seventh in their first season in the third tier, the south coast club won back-to-back promotions under former boss Nigel Adkins to seal a Premier League return after a seven-year absence."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25736264

So to recap, 2009 they were in the 3rd tier of English Football, and today in 2013, they're in 9th (granted they were even higher a few weeks ago) in the top flight. :smh:

What a shame to watch it all go to waste like this.

The scary part is who's going to buy the club next. The south coast doesn't seem as attractive as London for the Arab and Russian investors. Nowadays the buyers are ridiculous like the Glazers who pay themselves instead of paying down the debt of a club they bought almost 100% on credit, or like Vincent Tan who wants the club to sign players with 8 in their name, and hires his son's friend as Chief Scout, or like Aseem Allam who want to change the name of the club. :smh:

Basically did it for the $$$ too, getting like a 700% raise
mean.gif
Stupid if u ask me, specially right before the World Cup. Sucks for US fans, and wasn't he a regular starter for Roma?
From a personal financial standpoint I can't really fault him at all....

Nah, he was a marginal rotation player, and even moreso after bringing in that Belgium dude (I can't spell his name).

At worst, I would have liked to see him go to the MLS on loan I guess for a little while. But not a permanent move 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom