The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

^ Tim Leiweke making moves... You can see what happens to Brucey over there at LA when he doesn't have the money to buy whatever players he wants... Galaxy looked rather pedestrian this year.
LA Galaxy picked up some Swede, Samuel, and Rob Friend 
tired.gif

Power moves 
laugh.gif

Liga MX is way ahead of MLS. It's not even close yet. Wasn't Seattle's win last campaign against Tigres the first time MLS ever beat a Liga MX team?

The class of players in Mexico are way better than the caliber of talent in MLS which still relies on aging stars or also rans from other leagues.

The only criticism I would have of Liga MX on the whole is diving...

If you can't see the difference then we will agree to disagree.

I mean, you for sure watch way more soccer than I do so I do heed your opinion; but just from the handful of Liga MX games I've seen, there is very little that separates one from the other. Lots of long ball galore, counter on counters, and little midfield work and creativity 

TFC better make the playoffs with all these signings

other than that, Nicolas Otamendi was sold to Valencia for 12M

Last edited:
Can i get some clarification on what channel Liverpool vs Arsenal is on tomorrow, the NBCSN site says NBC but my guide says The Today show

Forgot about the Olympics

Hmm...hopefully it's on the premier league extra channel if it isn't on nbcsn

Who does United replace Vidic with.

Evans' a definite starter...Utd just needs to find someone solid to compliment him...
i've got so much hope for Smalling but aside from his performance against Arsenal,he has been pretty awful this season... |I

@SinnerP,Nani's situation is a tricky one...
he recently just signed a new contract with Utd but his last solid season was back in 2010-11 when he was Utd's Player of the Year...
before he got injured i think Juve and Gala were rumoured to be interested in him...
recent rumours also suggested that Nani might make his way back to Sporting in a deal that will bring William Carvalho to Utd...

Coupé It Coupé It ,i know you're a Porto fan but have you seen Carvalho play?
how good is this dude? i only know that he's a DM...

Last edited:
Is NBC going to mess this all up? So Pool and Arsenal are on USA?

William. Carvalho? I can't give you detailed information on him, I don't watch Sporting like I do Porto. All I know is his stock is rising and he's going to play for Portugal. Why what are you hearing .

Is NBC going to mess this all up? So Pool and Arsenal are on USA?

William. Carvalho? I can't give you detailed information on him, I don't watch Sporting like I do Porto. All I know is his stock is rising and he's going to play for Portugal. Why what are you hearing .

i believe last December Utd sent a scout to watch him play for six matches running...just thought that was pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Here's footy coverage for this weekend.

FC Nurnberg vs. Bayern Munich, Saturday, February 8, 8:30AM, GolTV

Real Madrid vs. Villarreal, Saturday, February 8, 2:00PM, beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS Espanol and DishWorld

Lazio vs. Roma, Sunday, February 9, 8:00AM, beIN SPORTS and DishWorld

Sevilla vs. Barcelona, Sunday, February 9, 3:00PM, beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS Espanol, and DishWorld

Prem Coverage for this month during the Winter Olympics -

Saturday, February 8

With the Winter Olympics taking over NBCSN, Premier League coverage shifts to USA Network this weekend.

7:45 a.m. Liverpool vs. Arsenal (USA Network, mun2/Sammy Sadovnik and Manuel Sol)*
10:00 a.m. Chelsea vs. Newcastle United (USA Network, mun2/Sammy Sadovnik and Manuel Sol)
10:00 a.m Norwich City vs. Manchester City, Southampton vs. Stoke City, Aston Villa vs. West Ham United, Sunderland vs. Hull City, Crystal Palace vs. West Bromwich (Extra Time)
12:30 p.m. Swansea City vs. Cardiff City (NBC/Arlo White and Lee Dixon)

* - Liverpool-Arsenal will re-air on NBCSN at 2:30 p.m., after Olympics coverage wraps up.

Sunday, February 9

8:30 a.m. Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton (USA Network/Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux)
11:00 a.m. Manchester United vs. Fulham (USA Network, mun2/Sammy Sadovnik and Manuel Sol)

Tuesday, February 11

2:45 p.m. Hull City vs. Southampton, Cardiff City vs. Aston Villa, West Ham United vs. Norwich City (Extra Time)
3:00 p.m. West Bromwich Albion vs. Chelsea (NBCSN)

Wednesday, February 12

2:45 p.m. Arsenal vs. Manchester United (NBCSN/ArloWhite and Graeme Le Saux, mun2/Sammy Sadovnik and Manuel Sol)
2:45 p.m. Fulham vs. Liverpool, Everton vs. Crystal Palace, Stoke City vs. Swansea City, Manchester City vs. Sunderland (Extra Time)
3:00 p.m. Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Extra Time)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom