The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Compared to 1996, this current MLS is a million times better. While the league has improved greatly, the Mexican League is still better, but not by much. MLS can't compete with that Mexican League money.

2 topics i'd like to discuss fellas.

I don't know about you guys but I kind of like whats happening to Man United. Not that I have anything against them, I just get a warm feeling watching a club who's fans are use to winning and challenging for multiple titles year in and year out suddenly turn in to a mid table team. Yes yes, I know, "well its not my fault you support a sucky team" (heard that one a few times).

I actually have a sort of twisted desire to see Spain's economy got to sh**, or anything that might significantly diminish Real Madrid and Barcelona's financial power just to watch the other clubs who rely on their local youth (sort of like Bilbao back in the day) get a fair shot at the title.

Celebrating a title after years/decades of unconditional support is much muuuch sweeter than being use to seeing a team you just randomly started supporting lift trophies every year.

Next topic,

The MLS is the only league on this side of the planet that glorifies a 40 yard pass, constantly drilling in crosses, and having big strong players. Playing hoofball is frowned upon in almost EVERY other first division league, usually reserved as a last resort tactic by the lower placed clubs. Playing "al pelotazo" is a complete eyesore to the Brazilian, Argentinean, Chilean, Mexican, Colombian, etc. leagues.

What is especially annoying is lazily assuming that the MLS will develop into a powerhouse of a league, while for some reason ignore the rest of the leagues in the western hemisphere and also assume that their development will remain static.

Why is that? Is it because of the quality of athletes that are in other sports? The population? I mean, I recall the Soviet Union also being an Olympic powerhouse, yet the Russians have never been and most likely will never have a competent national team or a top quality league. Both the MLS and the Russian league sporadically bring in big name players, but that just is nowhere near enough.

i believe last December Utd sent a scout to watch him play for six matches running...just thought that was pretty interesting.

Bunch of scouts are, Arsenal are watching him too. There were rumors that's where he was going to go.

Sporting play Benfica tomorrow, check him out.

Real talk, I had monster expectations for Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. I've been disappointed by both.

Jones showed me bundles of potential at Blackburn. Felt he could maraud forward as a holding mid adding versatility to the center back role. Smalling shows me bits and pieces here and there in a United kit.

Always leaves you wanting more like Januzaj's date.

Real talk, I had monster expectations for Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. I've been disappointed by both.

Jones showed me bundles of potential at Blackburn. Felt he could maraud forward as a holding mid adding versatility to the center back role. Smalling shows me bits and pieces here and there in a United kit.

Always leaves you wanting more like Januzaj's date.

I rate Jones. The issue with Jones is that he's not being played in one position and learning to master that position. Dude is being moved all over the pitch to "learn more about that game", but in my opinion, he could be spending that time mastering his position.

I rate Jones. The issue with Jones is that he's not being played in one position and learning to master that position. Dude is being moved all over the pitch to "learn more about that game", but in my opinion, he could be spending that time mastering his position.
I want to see it, Eiddy. Phil Jones needs a consistent position on the pitch for maximum results. To hell with the experimentation. Versatility isn't so helpful when a young footballer needs stability.

This game!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

HOL UP HOL UP!!!

I just came back from lunch and see SAS aren't even on the score sheet...but Liverpool are runnin wild out there...

Gifs to come....

Back
Top Bottom