The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

There's nothing better than good inexpensive food! I'm headed to this Italian deli to get their special sandwich.

Greatest $5 you could ever spend on a sandwich :pimp:
True story. Got this hood Ecuadorian spot. $5 bang for your buck. Yapingachos. Egg, potato, rice, meat. Huge portions.

They don't have humility classes at La Masia. :lol: He has shown flashes of arrogance as a teen, but there isn't a teammate with a bad word to say about him, and he's still maturing on and off the pitch. There are countless examples of young players who try to do to much early in their careers but go on to become great; CR comes to mind. Zero chance he gets sold.

No they don't have a humility class but outside of football skills & a top notch education, La Masia do try & help raise these boys not only to be a good sport but also a good person. This has been the mission since La Masia's inception. It's almost run like a Jesuit school. It's funny that you seem so dismissive about this. :rolleyes :wink:

Carles Folguera, Director of La Masia said it best, "We teach the boys the same principles ​that any wise parent would teach to their children. These principles are respect, responsibility, commitment, work, discipline, self-demanding and, above all, humility."

Last edited:
Dem deadly crosses again....flying in...

I'm sure Moyes is thinkin...."how are we not winning the game?!!?"

David Beckham Announces DJ Career

http://www.wundergroundmusic.com/da...ion_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[]#_

Former footballer and global superstar David Beckham today announced plans to turn his DJing hobby into a full time career after posting his first DJ Chart mix onto Beatport.

The ex-Manchester United legend claimed that “living and growing up in Madchester you couldn’t help but be exposed to the spirit of the Hacienda and acid house” and that he’d always harboured a secret fantasy to be a DJ after his footballing career ended.

“I’m still quite a young man,” explained David. “I don’t see myself getting into management or punditry like some ex-pros, I like the spotlight a bit too much. I would be a pop star but unfortunately I can’t sing a note. Although that didn’t stop Posh,” he laughed.

Beckham’s first mix on Beatport showcased a fondness for tech-house and techno but David claims that “wasn’t too indicative of [his] sound” which he claims is “sexier, more deep house and garage. I’m a London boy innit.”

“Well I’ve always been a big fan of all kinds of music,” continued Beckham. “I fell in love with acid house when I first moved to Manchester as a young teenager and it’s been there for me in bad times, particularly after World Cup 98. Over the years then I got really into hip-hop, UK garage and deep house, which is what I see myself playing.”

David insists that his family are 100% behind his decision saying “in spite of her time with The Spice Girls, Posh actually likes music so she’s totally behind me. Who knows we may even collaborate on a white label 12″ remix of Wannabe?”

“I think he’ll make a great DJ,” said friend and confidante Gary Neville. “He’s already got the slicked hair, sleeve tattoos and dress sense of a DJ. You know with him there’s not going to be any problems in posing for promo shoots and he’ll be able to use goal celebrations when he’s behind the decks so the crowd knows he’s really into it.”

“Plus, with Posh, he’s already got a stick thin party girl to dance awkwardly behind him,” he added.

David claimed that he has had offers from a host of big European clubs but will make his debut in his home city of London next month before a series of shows in Miami, where he is also building a football franchise, at this year’s Miami Winter Conference.

“For the next few weeks I’ll train a bit harder on the decks to get myself fit in time for this summer season,” concluded Beckham. “But I’m really excited to open this new chapter in my career, this is the best club in the world and I’m looking forward to getting the fans out of their seats.”

I'm sure you can expect to see him making 50k a night at LIV or something like that promoting his MLS club...

Becks 
embarassed.gif

I miss our dates at the Stubhub Center 
laugh.gif

United only attempted 13 crosses in that half. Certain that Moyes will tell them to pick it up.

Oh, and only one (1!) cross was successful... :lol:

Thus a pensioner has come on in the form of Rio Ferdinand.

It wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal just rans at him all night now.

Back
Top Bottom