The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United have submitted a joint-bid of £35m to Everton for Baines & Fellaini today. (Goal) #Transfers

-West Brom are confident they can complete the signing of boss Steve Clarke's top target Scott Sinclair - the 24-year-old Manchester City winger - within the next 48 hours.

-Arsenal are giving serious consideration to re-signing 29-year-old holding midfielder Mathieu Flamini, who has been training with the club for the past fortnight since his contract expired at AC Milan.

-French side Paris St-Germain could outbid Arsenal for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 27, as the Ligue 1 club prepare a £20m bid.

-Manchester United expect the Blues to increase efforts to unsettle Rooney by lodging a third bid for the forward within 48 hours.

-Real Madrid want Bale to make his home debut on Sunday 1 September against Athletic Bilbao because the midday kick-off would maximise the global television audience watching his first game in Spain.

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United have submitted a joint-bid of £35m to Everton for Baines & Fellaini today. (Goal) #Transfers
What was with the deal regarding that Everton letter telling United to BTFO? Was it real?

So is this normal that Chelsea lost to Rubin Kazan? They lost the game, but won the aggregate?
For Champions League or Europa League matches, they usually play 2 matches... 1 home, 1 away.  Chelsea won the 1st "leg" 3-1, but lost the 2nd leg 2-3.  If you combine the scores, the "aggregate" scoreline would be 5-4.  So, they lost the 2nd leg, but because they, overall, scored more goals, they advanced. 

Home/away goals also matter, but I'll talk about that some other time. 
laugh.gif

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United have submitted a joint-bid of £35m to Everton for Baines
What was with the deal regarding that Everton letter telling United to BTFO? Was it real?

I can't call it.

I mean, as real as it looked, it just wouldn't look good business-wise from Everton or United to screenshot and post the letter on the internet.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was real, wouldn't surprise me if it was fake.

Sky reporting Anelka walked out on training and told West Brom he is retiring.

Somewhere, Domenech laughs.

Sky reporting Anelka walked out on training and told West Brom he is retiring.

Somewhere, Domenech laughs.
I feel bad for him, he was never able to find a home but he's a complex character. So much skill, it's sad to see a player of his caliber acting like a teenager.

Love what AVB is doing at Tottenham. After not even wanting to sniff at the Real or PSG job, he's completely committed to the Spurs. He's really in it for the long haul. Plus the additions of these wingers is great for his system since AVB loves playing a 4-3-3 like he did at Porto.

Dude is def trying to make his mark. All good signings with the money they'll be getting back from Bale, plus Coentrao.

Spurs are coming. :nerd:
It would be amazing on his part if he can get rid of Bale and land Coentrao, Willian, Lamela and still have extra cash available to dangle. Willian deal is nearly complete. Passed his physical and discussing terms of contract.

RT @dimarzio: Update @willianborges88: deal done between Anzhi and @Spurs. €35M to be paid in two years. Today, the brazilian will sign contract

For those that don't know, the Barca away or Senyera kit is a nod to it's rich Catalan history as it incorporates the colors in the Catalan flag. It's the first time in history Barca has done this.

FC Barca is very much ingrained in Catalan history as many of their members fought against the Franco regime in it's early days.

In addition to banning them from playing for periods of time, Franco even murdered some of the Barca executives during the Spanish civil war. He also outlawed the language from being spoken & sought to stamp out Catalan culture including the banning of the flag.

Can't wait to see the kit at the Bernabeu. That will be kind of historic.

RT @SkySportsNews: West Brom say striker Nicolas Anelka has been given compassionate leave #SSN

Reports suggesting he's taking a leave of absence because of his agent's death (Eric Manasse).

For those that don't know, the Barca away or Senyera kit is a nod to it's rich Catalan history as it incorporates the colors in the Catalan flag. It's the first time in history Barca has done this.

FC Barca is very much ingrained in Catalan history as many of their members fought against the Franco regime in it's early days.

In addition to banning them from playing for periods of time, Franco even murdered some of the Barca executives during the Spanish civil war. He also outlawed the language from being spoken & sought to stamp out Catalan culture including the banning of the flag.

Can't wait to see the kit at the Bernabeu. That will be kind of historic.
It felt like that yesterday when they wore it in Madrid, but i think it would mean more when it is at the Bernabeu as well.

Also, in an indirect way, symbolizes how Catalonia wany their independence. Given the history of FC Barca and their success recently, they want to use that to get the word out. Either way, it is a very important kit for Barca and Catolonia.

Lucho, you excited about Denis Saurez? I am... He's signed for 4 years. He's to play 1 year with the B team & then play with the 1st team for the remaining 3 years. At least that's what is being reported as outlined in his contract.

I love the flag jerseys Barca wore yesterday. So much better then the creamsicle ones from last season :x. I too will be interested to see the shirt a the bernabeu

Lucho, you excited about Denis Saurez? I am... He's signed for 4 years. He's to play 1 year with the B team & then play with the 1st team for the remaining 3 years. At least that's what is being reported as outlined in his contract.
I am super excited about him. Have you seen him play? It's like watching a mini David Silva. I mean, he has some maturing to do both physically and technically, but he will get there in due time. I wish we would have gotten him a few years ago instead of Man City. He will develop well with the B team to get playing time and i am sure he will be called up to train with the first team throughout the year. I hope Eusebio isn't a complete idiot with managing Barca B this season. 

I'm excited as well & agree with the fact that he would've developed further had he been with Barca instead of Man City. Still surprised Pellegrini let him go. I am concerned with where he will play as he likes playing the 10 spot. I think he can play wide too. Maybe the picture will be clearer in a year's time when he's set to join the first team.

I had more fun watching the U20 & U21 Spanish teams this summer. The last time I got to watch Suarez play was against Ghana & he looked good right right away against taller, stronger, & possibly faster players. He also played deep much of the game to help keep possession against Ghana...

Back
Top Bottom