The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
We're told Chelsea in advanced talks over signing Willian. Deal close. Not done yet.

:lol:

Man I don't believe any transfer news. A couple weeks ago I thought Eriksen would have been at Liverpool by the start of the prem league. Yesterday I thought tot signed Willian and now Chelsea is about sign him?...:lol:

RT @dimarzio: Now @willianborges88 and his agents are in Spurs centre waiting to sign, while @chelsea offered €37M to Anzhi. Incredible!

I hope this isn't true because if we sign Willian, all signs point to a Mata exit and I'm not down for a Mata-Rooney swap with Man Utd...

RT @dimarzio: Now @willianborges88 and his agents are in Spurs centre waiting to sign, while @chelsea offered €37M to Anzhi. Incredible!

I hope this isn't true because if we sign Willian, all signs point to a Mata exit and I'm not down for a Mata-Rooney swap with Man Utd...

I see no problem here :lol:

A Mata-Rooney swap (provided Willian goes to Chelsea) would solve problems for both clubs but it sounds too perfect. I find it hard to believe Chelsea would get rid of such a class player like Mata though.

I hope he does go because I'll get my son a Man U away Mata shirt with the quickness...

A Mata-Rooney swap (provided Willian goes to Chelsea) would solve problems for both clubs but it sounds too perfect. I find it hard to believe Chelsea would get rid of such a class player like Mata though.

I hope he does go because I'll get my son a Man U away Mata shirt with the quickness...
Wouldn't call Mata for a declining Rooney a perfect scenario for Chelsea. I really hope Mourinho doesn't go in that direction, Mata is vital to our success.

Wouldn't call Mata for a declining Rooney a perfect scenario for Chelsea. I really hope Mourinho doesn't go in that direction, Mata is vital to our success.

At 27 (hair plugs & all), I don't think he's declining. He's just got that bi*** a**ness like Dwight Howard. If he were to go somewhere that will let him be the featured striker, I think you'll see a return to form. As much as I don't like him, even a halfa**ed Shrek is good.

Now the Ronaldo to Man U rumors are ratcheting up again now that the Bale deal seems to be finalizing.. Wouldn't it be crazy if Man U got Mata & CR7?

Damn...

Last edited:
For Real Madrid's match against Al Saad today (BEIN Sport @ 4:30PM ET) will feature Los Blancos fan photos incorporated in the numbers of the RM shirts. Here's the adidas Spanish commercial.

Screenshot from the RM site....

Not a single damn is given by Florentino Perez. :lol:

Last edited:
At 27 (hair plugs & all), I don't think he's declining. He's just got that bi*** a**ness like Dwight Howard. If he were to go somewhere that will let him be the featured striker, I think you'll see a return to form. As much as I don't like him, even a halfa**ed Shrek is good.

Now the Ronaldo to Man U rumors are ratcheting up again now that the Bale deal seems to be finalizing.. Wouldn't it be crazy if Man U got Mata & CR7?

Damn...
Fair point but at the moment, Mata has far more value than Rooney. Even if it brings us more of a sure thing at the striker position, I'm just not ready to give up arguably our best player in the process.

But for the sake of argument, would folks rather have Mata and Eto'o (for example) or Willian and Rooney? I can see the appeal in the latter but I'd go with the former.

Fair point but at the moment, Mata has far more value than Rooney. Even if it brings us more of a sure thing at the striker position, I'm just not ready to give up arguably our best player in the process.

But for the sake of argument, would folks rather have Mata and Eto'o (for example) or Willian and Rooney? I can see the appeal in the latter but I'd go with the former.
I would say the former as well Eto's is still lethal in the 18. Get him for cheap and keep your best player? No brainer.

I would say the former as well Eto's is still lethal in the 18. Get him for cheap and keep your best player? No brainer.

This. Chelsea already has an overpayed striker, no need for another. Plus where would Rooney play, isn't he more of a CF than a striker? I would much rather had Falcao (before his transfer) or some sort of combination of Torres, Luakaku, Ba, Eto based on whoever was hot at that particular time. Mata for me is untouchable, especially for Rooney.

Rumors in Italy and Mexico that Milan is interested in Ajaccio's Guillermo Ochoa. Sounds too good to be true, but that would be dope for Mexican footy...

This. Chelsea already has an overpayed striker, no need for another. Plus where would Rooney play, isn't he more of a CF than a striker? I would much rather had Falcao (before his transfer) or some sort of combination of Torres, Luakaku, Ba, Eto based on whoever was hot at that particular time. Mata for me is untouchable, especially for Rooney.

Actually as much as i love Mata, i think this transfer is better for Chelsea. Seems like Mou like playing Oscar in the number 10 role instead of Mata. I think thats is a better position for Oscar also. Now if Chelsea does get WIllian, Mou will have the type of wingers he likes. With De Bruyne, Shurrle, Hazzard, n Willian, Mata does become sort of a surplus. Rooney gives Chelsea a striker who can score, He can also play as a cf just behind a striker like Lukaku. Also, Rooney gives Chelsea another english player on the squad. Thats one thing Chelsea are short of after selling Sturridge n loaning out McEachran

I really feel Ronaldo is going to end up back in the BPL at Man Utd...not this season but next summer. The fact he still hasn't signed that contract man..smh

I agree, Oscar has looked very good so far this year. He's playing in a fearless manner. When you think of Brazilian footballers, you think beauty, style, finesse, which Oscar has but he's playing very physical at the start of this campaign.

Actually as much as i love Mata, i think this transfer is better for Chelsea. Seems like Mou like playing Oscar in the number 10 role instead of Mata. I think thats is a better position for Oscar also. Now if Chelsea does get WIllian, Mou will have the type of wingers he likes. With De Bruyne, Shurrle, Hazzard, n Willian, Mata does become sort of a surplus. Rooney gives Chelsea a striker who can score, He can also play as a cf just behind a striker like Lukaku. Also, Rooney gives Chelsea another english player on the squad. Thats one thing Chelsea are short of after selling Sturridge n loaning out McEachran
While Mata is great in the number 10 role, Mou has stated previously that he would prefer having Oscar in that role and placing Mata at right wing:

Mourinho said: 'Mata won the fans' and the players' player of the year, so that means a lot.

'People love him, but also the fellow players love the work he did for the team. Of course, he fits in my plans. I know him quite well.

'I have my idea about where and how he produces better, and where he has more difficulty. But we are here to try and keep him performing, and try and help him to perform better in the situations where he finds it a bit more difficult.'

He added: 'I like wingers coming in on the inside for the pass or the shot. And Juan is the only player we have to do that on the right side. But I also think that he’s very comfortable playing as a No 10.'

So if Mata is up for the challenge, then great. I just hope Mourinho hasn't changed his mind and that Mata is on board with this new role.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom