The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Celtic beat Barcelona last year, Milan is not a force and Ajax is on the verge of selling one of their best players.

Spud.

You seriously believe they have a likely chance of making it out of that group? :lol:

To be fair, they stand a better chance than you lot

Those groups look interesting.

Side note, so why doesn't Ba actually get playing time? He is inconsistent? He's a good player so I don't understand why he doesn't get much playing time. I am curious as to why he's not getting the playing time he should be getting and specially now with Eto'o on board, he's pretty much bench certified.

He's inconsistent, he's not really Mourinho's guy and there's too much striker depth thus making him the odd man out. Eto'o was just signed, Lukaku is the future and I don't think the club wants to part with Torres because of the large amount of money they've invested in him.

Personally, I just don't think Ba is the type of striker that is going to show up for us in big games. Domestically, he'd be fine but in European competitions, I'm not sure we could count on him. He doesn't exactly scream world class to me. But again, he's very talented and one of the better strikers in the EPL (not top tier but maybe one or two tiers below?). He will 100% be loaned out or sold before the transfer window closes.

Last edited:
Neil Ashton
‏@neilashton_
Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay: 'Juan Mata is not for sale. David Luiz is not for sale - we have not had a bid.'
Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
11:47 AM - 29 Aug 13

Welp.

ThatPersianGuy = PersiaFly?
nerd.gif
thatpersianguy = persian drake 

these groups got me excited 

Last edited:
He's inconsistent, he's not really Mourinho's guy and there's too much striker depth thus making him the odd man out. Eto'o was just signed, Lukaku is the future and I don't think the club wants to part with Torres because of the large amount of money they've invested in him.

Personally, I just don't think Ba is the type of striker that is going to show up for us in big games. Domestically, he'd be fine but in European competitions, I'm not sure we could count on him. He doesn't exactly scream world class to me. But again, he's very talented and one of the better strikers in the EPL (not top tier but maybe one or two tiers below?). He will 100% be loaned out or sold before the transfer window closes.

That investment is far gone, Chelsea would love to get rid of him. They just can't. No one else is paying those wages :lol:

Also Kaka has told the media and Real Madrid he wants a transfer and to be gone before the deadline Monday.

Wonder what clubs will be interested. Looks like he's really pushing hard for a spot on Brazil next year.

What a waste of money he was in Real tho :x

Another Barca vs Milan matchup 
eyes.gif

In other news Chelsea's group is 
nthat.gif
. FC Basel and Schalke can battle for 2nd place

Am I the only one who misses Inter Milan in the CL? It doesnt feel right without them 
tired.gif

United, Real Sociedad.
Madrid, Juve.
PSG, Olympiacos.
Bayern, City.
Chelsea, Schalke.
Dortmund, Napoli.
Atleti, Porto.
Barca, Milan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-fernando-torres-sale-2237079

Chelsea ready to listen to Fernando Torres transfer offers after Samuel Eto'o signs

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is up for sale following the arrival of Samuel Eto’o.

Cameroon marksman Eto'o, 32, has signed a stunning one-year deal worth £7million to move from Anzhi Makhachkala to Stamford Bridge.

Now, despite Demba Ba being linked with a return to Newcastle, Chelsea are ready to listen to offers for Torres, who was signed from Liverpool for a British record £50million two years ago.

Spanish sides are aware of his availability, with the 29-year-old having fallen down the pecking order following Eto’o’s arrival.

Clubs enquiring after rising-star forward Romelu Lukaku following Eto’o arrival have been told that the Belgian still remains very much in Mourinho’s plans.

Torres has lifted the European Cup, FA Cup and the Europa League trophy during his time with the west Londoners.

In his three games under new boss Jose Mourinho this season, however, the Spaniard has been substituted against Hull, unused against Aston Villa and sent on from the bench for the game at Manchester United.

Torres knows that his chances of being selected for the World Cup next summer could be in jeopardy if he is not playing regular first-team football this season.

International team-mate David Villa quit Barcelona for Atletico Madrid this summer in order to get more opportunities to impress Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque.

Mourinho turned to Eto’o, with whom he lifted a Treble of Italian title and Cup and the Champions League at Inter Milan, after failing to land Wayne Rooney from United earlier this week.

Eto’o is understood to be a player on whom Mourinho believes he can rely on.

Torres, in contrast, faces an uncertain future at Stamford Bridge.

Eto, who rejected a counter-offer from Inter to move to London, said: “I am very happy to be here, but also anxious because I want to play as soon as possible.

“It was a difficult decision. Was very happy with Jose Mourinho before so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it."

Daniel Levy also said Bale want for sale at any price.

Learn footie.

Mourinho is not Levy.

Emanalo is not Levy.

Just because some clubs are run that way, doesn't mean every club is. Chelsea isn't one of them.

And when has Mourinho ever been known to play coy? If anything he is too blunt. So if he says something about a player, he's one of the few managers you can truly believe. Jose has always been known to be blunt and honest, almost to a fault

:lol: @ being ready to listen to Torres offers.

We'd basically have to let him go on a free transfer in order for anybody to take him

Last edited:

Daniel Levy also said Bale want for sale at any price.

Learn footie.

Levy has got to be the best footie chairman right now. Son operates with zero dambs in his pocket. He fully understood the intrinsic and market value of his asset, and ensured that his team would reap the most out of the deal. I respect the fact that he's not just shrewd, he clearly cares about Spurs' success. Ed Woodard could learn a lot from Levy.

Doubt chelsea would loan to another top 4 team.. but could be wrong.

I honestly think its an ego thing with wenger. He wants to be the one to get all the credit for finding these "gems" for such low prices and in doing so he refuses to buy players with known stature.

What does this have to do with loaning him to Arsenal?

Well damn :rofl:

:wow: :wow: the disrespect!! Smfh mannn I hope Arsene surprises us so the non believers can fall back...at least I hope :lol:

Back
Top Bottom