The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@FFArsenal Arsenal have dropped their interest in Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye and Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita (Mirror)
@samuelj29060 Arsenal have submitted a bid of £8.5m to Saint-Étienne for 22-year old holding midfielder Josuha Guilavogui: http://bit.ly/1fl8gPU
(Good player, type of player we need. A Wenger type of signing. Compared to Vieira. He is also the VC of the team)
Edit- According to various sources in the French Media, Park Chu Young has agreed to join AS Saint-Étienne.
(A possible deal of sorts, I really hope so).
- Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp: "We have a score to settle with Arsenal & Marseille. It's going to be exciting." http://bit.ly/1drpb6X
- Gazidis flew to Monaco for draw today, but never made into auditorium - he was called away on urgent business: http://bit.ly/15BVuv0
- Arsenal have bid £40m on a German player? Gundogan is out for a month, Reus has a £30m buy-out clause, Draxler?
- Local radio in Rome confirm Burak Yılmaz has left Galatasaray for Lazio. £10.3m fee: http://bit.ly/17ommgN
- Turkish press say Galatasaray have bid for Di Maria accepted. Balague already confirmed Arsenal bid accepted. But will he leave?

@Sanderson French media say Arsenal have allowed Park Chu-Young to speak to Saint Étienne over a transfer. Nominal fee.
- Steve Bruce confirms interest in Nicklas Bendtner but says only wants a loan. Adds it's tricky as club already have 2 PL loans.
- Arsenal confirm re-signing of Mathieu Flamini. Lot of work gone into this deal. He's signed three-year-deal worth £50k-a-week.
- Flamini always determined to return to Arsenal. Adds cover in vital areas and doesn't affect other business. Works all round.
- Arsène Wenger says he signed Flamini because he fits bill of 'top quality'. Says fitness wise he is in 'perfect' shape.

@AFCAcademy Anything below 20m for Eriksen is theft, please hijack the deal Arsenal. Its not like Overmars & Bergkamp played for you or anything Wenger…
- With this said. I've always thought that our relationship with Ajax would be a little bit stronger than it is.

Last edited:
Soccer Club’s Latest Stadium Proposal Would Give the Yankees a New Neighbor
By CHARLES V BAGLI
Published: August 29, 2013

A Major League Soccer franchise, whose plans to build a stadium in a Queens park were interrupted by community opposition, has a new site in mind: just south of Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

If the latest proposal is successful, the New York City Football Club would build a 25,000-to-30,000-seat stadium that offers connections to subways and rail lines, as well as Yankee Stadium and the Gateway Center, a large retail complex near the Harlem River.

The franchise, a partnership of Manchester City Football Club of England’s Premier League and the Yankees, are negotiating with the owners of a nine-acre parcel between the Major Deegan Expressway and East 153rd Street.

“We’ve had preliminary discussions,” Randy Levine, the president of the Yankees, said, “but we’re a long way from any decision. We’re also considering sites in Queens and Brooklyn.”

Mr. Levine emphasized that if a deal was struck, it would not involve any parkland. The team, which would not play on the same day the Yankees had a home game, has sought a site that is near public transportation and communities where soccer is especially popular.

In May, elected officials, community groups and park advocates objected to the soccer club’s original plan to build a stadium on 10 acres in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, an area that already has a baseball stadium and a tennis complex.

Despite support from Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, the team backed away from the Queens site, saying it would explore other possible locations. But that, team officials said, does not necessarily eliminate Flushing Meadows-Corona Park as a potential site.

In July, Mr. Bloomberg appeared to indicate that the club would indeed play its home games in the Bronx, saying in his weekly radio address that “Yankee Stadium will become the home of the New York City Football Club.” A few days later, the mayor’s office said Mr. Bloomberg had misspoken.

Rubén Diaz Jr., the Bronx borough president, said he would gauge the reaction of local residents in the coming weeks to building a second stadium on the site before coming to a final decision. He said he would oppose any use of parkland.

It will not be easy for the club to put the Bronx site together. Sitting on the parcel under consideration is a parking garage for Yankee Stadium that is run by a troubled nonprofit, the Bronx Parking Development Company. In April, the company defaulted on a $237 million civic bond.

The soccer club would have to strike a deal with the parking company that would compensate it for the garage and put it on more solid financial footing.

The club would also have to acquire the land currently occupied by a highway ramp and a 100,000-square-foot factory, GAL Manufacturing Corporation, a family-owned business that makes elevator components and employs 225 people. Bronx officials do not want to lose a major employer. According to one person who has been briefed on the talks but was not authorized to discuss them, the soccer club has offered to build GAL a new factory elsewhere in the Bronx.

:wow:

I've heard something from a friend I know in the UK, apparently Wenger has some tricks up his sleeve that all Arsenal fans are going to basically jerk him off for. :x

:smokin

:wow:

I've heard something from a friend I know in the UK, apparently Wenger has some tricks up his sleeve that all Arsenal fans are going to basically jerk him off for. :x

:smokin

Messi? >D

Saw his yesterday, wasn't gonna post it but....
@samuelj29060 Liam Brady says on Irish TV RTÉ that Arsenal fans "could see a few surprises" in the transfer window this week.
- Brady: "There could be a few surprises. Once Bale goes to R.Madrid, it will be a domino effect. I think a lot of things will happen."

Also on twitter today, I saw a tweet saying that during this window we were ready to make a big signing and all that was needed was the signature. But the player changed his mind. Without more info, it just sounds like something the media spewed out. But I remember Wenger mentioned that: [my phone is always ringing, but lately it has been bad news.] So there's some likelihood to that claim. Regardless, if it is true we will find out eventually. That type of info always seems to make it's way out.

How are Arsenal suppose to make these "Magic Signings" if the Spurs hold out letting Bale go to Madrid until the final hour?

We've been led to believ way too much from Arsenal all summer long. I don't expect anything that drastic to happen. Hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see that franchise come back.

How are Arsenal suppose to make these "Magic Signings" if the Spurs hold out letting Bale go to Madrid until the final hour?

We've been led to believ way too much from Arsenal all summer long. I don't expect anything that drastic to happen. Hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see that franchise come back.

Levy is no fool, he is purposefully stalling to ensure Arsenal get no one from Madrid.
I expect Bale to transfer at midnight on the final day....

@ManUtdStuff: United have tabled a £25 million offer for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera but Bilbao will hold out for £30 million. [marca]

My how things have changed...

@RealSports_: Samuel Eto’o said in 2004: "I’d rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea." #CFC

Looks like Milan are negotiating to re-sign Kaka,

In return they are selling Kevin Prince Boateng to Schalke, Expect that one to be completed this afternoon

@SkySportsNews Juan Mata and Fernando Torres left out of Spain squad for World Cup qualifier against Finland

Can some one explain to me what happened with Juan Mata....i thought he was excellent last year and at times the best player on the field. How did he fall out of favor so fast for what seems like no reason? Mou?
I hope he goes some where and gets some playing time because i love watching him play

Can some one explain to me what happened with Juan Mata....i thought he was excellent last year and at times the best player on the field. How did he fall out of favor so fast for what seems like no reason? Mou?
I hope he goes some where and gets some playing time because i love watching him play
We're all pretty confused by the situation. I'm assuming that positionally, Mourinho prefers starting Oscar in the Number 10 role. In addition, he wants two wingers on Oscar's side, Hazard on the left and another on the right. While Mata can still operate very well from the right wing, I think Mou feels that there are better suited players in that role, which would explain the Willian signing. It's still all a mystery but that's my guess. I would hate for us to let him go though, he's been our best player the last two seasons. I feel like he's being treated unfairly here. He deserves a chance to prove himself at the very least. He earned the benefit of the doubt and we're not giving it to him. Regardless, I think things will resolve themselves when Mata steps on the field for a full 90 minutes (hopefully tonight vs. Bayern).

Back
Top Bottom