The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

The dutch footy journalist Pascal Kamperman tweeted that RvP will be club captain of United when van Gaal takes over. If the transfer targets do come about (German & Oranje invasion), I wonder where that puts Rooney?

At Chelsea.

Not with that new deal he signed. Chelsea ain't paying him no 300k a week :lol:

:lol: @ the arrogance of the United fans in here thinking any of Bayerns players want to leave their to play for a 7th place team with no European football.

Kroos? muller? Robben? Pass me what you dudes are smoking.

Get over yourselves.

No one mentioned Manchester City & PSG getting fined ridiculous amounts of money by UEFA? :lol:

Looks like they don't even care either, they'll pay it. :lol:

Hope Tata fields a true 4-3-3 tomorrow. Barca needs width with Alexis and Pedro on the wings. Gotta come out guns blazing

[Rumour] United has made an offer of ~32 million euros for Arturo Vidal. Juventus want 40. (Italian)

I remember not too long ago Colo Colo asking for 6 million. Everyone in South America thought that was absurd. The press thought that If anybody from that team was worth that kind of money, it was Matigol :lol:

Had set up my entire morning playing footy and watching footy at a bar. Working OT in 4.5 hours instead, I should probably go to sleep...lol...

What about Rooney to Arsenal?

Rooney's already on 300k a week.

No way Wenger is going to match or better that.

Chelsea would gladly though.

It'll be like the days of an Anelka and Drogba like setup with two strong forwards (can Costa play with a partner up front or is he more of a 1 man show?)

Last edited:
The dutch footy journalist Pascal Kamperman tweeted that RvP will be club captain of United when van Gaal takes over. If the transfer targets do come about (German & Oranje invasion), I wonder where that puts Rooney?

At Chelsea.

:lol: @ the arrogance of the United fans in here thinking any of Bayerns players want to leave their to play for a 7th place team with no European football.

Get over yourselves.

I think you're forgetting something. Plenty of pundits have said the same thing, "it's Manchester United". Everyone knows this dip of forum is very temporary. With a strong management team, and a re-built squad, there is no reason why United won't be competing for the title again shortly (and with an injection of that kind of quality, it could be as soon as next season). There is also the history of the club, these players grew up dreaming of playing for clubs like Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

Chelsea WOULD pay Rooney 300k a week. The financial income from Rooney being an England star, at the top of Chelsea is something Roman would be very aware of. His jersey sales are pretty damn high, plus all the promotion Rooney gets. Remember, these days you don't have to structure it as 300k a week coming directly out of wages budget, you can structure it was 200k a week out of wages, and the extra 100k out of the promotional money that they get from you. Rooney has major selling power.

This RUMOR seems to be gaining steam...I'm seeing it from various sources now.

Sagna set to hold talks with Manchester City (Goal).

I actually liked Sagna quite a bit at Arsenal. Thought he was a solid player. Surprised they'd let him go, especially to Citeh (will be very painful for them if he's holding a EPL medal next season). I thought they would let him retire at the Emirates.

Anyone watchon this stuff about the immigrant workers in Qatar

They say about 4k of them will die by the time the first balls kicked off there :x

Fifa.. as corrupt as they come.

Who wants to gp to these stadiums constructed in 110 degree weather by unskilled laborers. Twice as many collapses this time around :smh:

Anyone watchon this stuff about the immigrant workers in Qatar

They say about 4k of them will die by the time the first balls kicked off there
sick.gif

Fifa.. as corrupt as they come.

Who wants to gp to these stadiums constructed in 110 degree weather by unskilled laborers. Twice as many collapses this time around
mean.gif
yea that **** is sad.....fifa took bribes to make that WC happen

those arabs pay well so I'm not surprised they turned heel

At Chelsea.

Get over yourselves.

I think you're forgetting something. Plenty of pundits have said the same thing, "it's Manchester United". Everyone knows this dip of forum is very temporary. With a strong management team, and a re-built squad, there is no reason why United won't be competing for the title again shortly (and with an injection of that kind of quality, it could be as soon as next season). There is also the history of the club, these players grew up dreaming of playing for clubs like Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

Chelsea WOULD pay Rooney 300k a week. The financial income from Rooney being an England star, at the top of Chelsea is something Roman would be very aware of. His jersey sales are pretty damn high, plus all the promotion Rooney gets. Remember, these days you don't have to structure it as 300k a week coming directly out of wages budget, you can structure it was 200k a week out of wages, and the extra 100k out of the promotional money that they get from you. Rooney has major selling power.

Chelsea isn't paying 300k a week to a past his prime striker who wouldn't even be 1st choice after we buy costa.

This is a ridiculous argument I'm not even going to bother entertaining this any further. Regardless of Rooney's selling power Chelsea ain't paying him 300k. You're being ridiculous

Ronaldo not playing? Could have sworn he'd want that Golden European boot.

Barca vs Atletico at 12pm. Never get a chance to see something like this. A true "final" in the league.

Ancelotti needs to put Casmeiro in the game man, Illaramendi cannot start next weeks finals game. I'm telling you guys, this dude is straight buns. No idea why Ancelotti gives him the chance sometimes. Casmeiro sparkles when he is on.

Back
Top Bottom