The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

So it's more of a personal thing then? I have the same thing going on with Kerzhakov
laugh.gif
. Dude's my favorite player of all time and I am just praying he can redeem himself at the WC. 

So it's more of a personal thing then? I have the same thing going on with Kerzhakov :lol: . Dude's my favorite player of all time and I am just praying he can redeem himself at the WC. 
Yeah, I should just admit/call it a personal preference.

Still remember Kerzhakov's monster 2011 campaign.

Which lesser-known players you have flagged in the World Cup?

Joel Matip sucks. You must not have watched any Schalke games this season
Player to watch from each squad, my personal take/interest:

Group A
Brasil - Henrique
Croatia - Dejan Lovren
Mexico - Marco Fabian
Cameroon - Joel Matip

Group B
Spain - Koke
Chile - Mauricio Isla
Netherlands - Terence Kongolo
Besides Wijnaldum and Clasie, who I've hyped tremendously on NT.
Australia - Massimo Luongo/Curtis Good (tie)

Group C
Japan - Maya Yoshida
Colombia - Juan Quintero
Greece - Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Ivory Coast - Gio Sio

Group D
Uruguay - Gaston Ramirez/Sebastian Coates (tie)
Italy - Mattia De Sciglio/Lorenzo Insigne (tie)
England - Luke Shaw/Raheem Sterling (tie)
Costa Rica - Joel Campbell

Group E
France - Clement Grenier
Ecuador - Jefferson Montero
Switzerland - Fabian Schaer
Honduras - Rony Martinez

Group F
Argentina - Franco Di Santo
Nigeria - Elderson Echiejile
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Izet Hajrovic
Iran - Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Group G
Germany - Matthias Ginter
Portugal - William Carvalho
Ghana - Christian Atsu
USA - Julian Green

Group H
Belgium - Divock Origi
Korea - Son Heung-min/Kim Bo-kyoung (tie)
Russia - Alexei Ionov
Algeria - Nabil Bentaleb

The WC is def around the corner, bcs all these noobs are coming in throwing jabs like people are stupid or something... Happening in the USMNT thread too.... :rolleyes :smh:

There's a chance this WC is a disaster waiting to happen between the protests & possible riots along with the safety of the stadiums & infrastructure built. Brazil was so far behind (almost a year behind on some projects). You can't tell me they caught up staying within code, you can't tell me some people signed off on projects with them not being safe...

Yeah, I should just admit/call it a personal preference.

Still remember Kerzhakov's monster 2011 campaign.

Which lesser-known players you have flagged in the World Cup?
Witsel, Kovacic, and Shatov. I don't really follow other nations' teams but Kovacic is a great talent.

laugh.gif
 at ole grandpops

I'm with ya, I've tried holding 'a grudge' or hate on Rossi but it really just hasn't bothered me much.

Probably because Rossi is constantly hurt and hasn't done anything of significance for Gli Azzurri 
ohwell.gif

Also, another sign of how weak our youth programs were to not be able to identify young talent or bring him along in our youth programs. 

Same can be said for Ibisevic and Subotic (shakes fist at Rongen), and others I'm sure I don't know of.

Last edited:
There's a chance this WC is a disaster waiting to happen between the protests & possible riots along with the safety of the stadiums & infrastructure built. Brazil was so far behind (almost a year behind on some projects). You can't tell me they caught up staying within code, you can't tell me some people signed off on projects with them not being safe...

no doubt.....hopefully nothing tragic happens but at this point I wouldn't be surprised

Last edited:
The US NT has been average (let's be real, the team isn't THAT bad. There's tons of teams in the Eastern Hemisphere that are much worse than us) because of improper coaching in all age groups, not because of athleticism. We've had plenty of strong stereotypical "athletic" dudes on our team that have been complete trash

Last edited:
I know United have had some serious midfield problems lately...but this Japanese midfieler Kagawa looks sharp...

They should sign him up and give him a go...could probably get him for under 20mil pounds.

Look at this goal...

:smokin

Good ish rck... I tried finding the vid on espn's youtube page to embed but it wasn't available. They only had the trailer for the story...

Back
Top Bottom