The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Strongly believe the Dutch will win a World Cup in 2018 or 2022. On the strength of new, young midfielders. Clasie, Wijnaldum, Adam Maher, and Strootman. Terence Kongolo is also one of the most promising CB's of the new generation.

Spain's 2018-2022 squad would like to have a word with you
Belgium will be un****wittable come 2018.

Januzj, Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Vitsel, Benteke, Courtouis, etc all in their primes. All of them are still early 20s. :x

Also Brazil will probably be even better by then.

France will have a damn great squad as well.

USA still gonna be trash
:frown:

:rofl:

Nah son USA gonna improve

Strongly believe the Dutch will win a World Cup in 2018 or 2022. On the strength of new, young midfielders. Clasie, Wijnaldum, Adam Maher, and Strootman. Terence Kongolo is also one of the most promising CB's of the new generation.

Spain's 2018-2022 squad would like to have a word with you

Januzj, Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Vitsel, Benteke, Courtouis, etc all in their primes. All of them are still early 20s. :x

USA still gonna be trash
:frown:

:rofl:

:lol:

In comparison they will fall short but considering all the youth players we have developing overseas, I think we will surprise a lot of people.
2018 will be a good measurement to see some of the improvements the US has made

David Moyes turns down two job offers after sacking by Manchester United

David-Moyes-watched-Engla-011.jpg

David Moyes has already turned down two offers to go back into management and is considering beginning the next stage of his career by looking for a club outside England.

“I have had a couple of opportunities to go back in and chosen not to do anything just now,” Moyes, currently on holiday in Florida, said. “I am going to look for what I feel is the right opportunity. I would like to think I proved myself over the 11-year period at Everton and what I am capable of, and the level at which I want to manage.

Moyes, sacked by Manchester United in April after 10 months in the job, has long been an admirer of the Bundesliga but is also open to the idea of working in Spain or France.

“I got my real first taste of the Champions League this year and I thought I showed I can manage at that level,” he added. “I would like somewhere that would give me a chance of being in the Champions League or a club that has ambitions of being in the Champions League.

“It could be at home or abroad. I have always liked the thought of broadening my horizons and learning a bit more and at the moment I am quite comfortable watching and learning. I will go away and learn and look again to see what is happening.

“I will use United as an important experience in my managerial career. I feel I needed more time but I will use it to benefit me and help me in the coming jobs.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...urns-down-job-offers-manchester-united-abroad

339acb6b_CharlieMurphyLaugh.gif

This guy is literally delusional...

Last edited:
" i thought we played well"

any whoooo... telegraph reporting Mangala would prefer United to city.. i know we are chasing hummels but i think we should make a move for mangala. Also we need a winger and griezmann is out there for under 20 mil...

Januzj, Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Vitsel, Benteke, Courtouis, etc all in their primes. All of them are still early 20s. 
sick.gif

The glass is always half full when discussing the future. Remember what people said about the U.S. and their chances right around the 2010-14 World Cups after the 2002 quarter finals exit?

A team with even higher expectations was Portugal in the 90s. They won two consecutive U-20 World Cups in 1989 and 1991 and were supposed to dominate, but they didn't even qualify for the 1994 and 1998 World Cups. 2002 was a disappointment as well. I'm not saying that those teams won't be good in the future. But it's stupid to think that players will be automatically better as they get older. Way more players than you'd think actually have their best period during their early 20s. 

" i thought we played well"

any whoooo... telegraph reporting Mangala would prefer United to city.. i know we are chasing hummels but i think we should make a move for mangala. Also we need a winger and griezmann is out there for under 20 mil...

Woodward is sleeping.

Signing up a player like Mangala or Griezmann or even a Can (when he was available) would have shown he's serious.

smh. I can see it now, Clasie and some other Dutch joining in the final moments of the TW :smh:

SIGNING: Greek Super League club OFI Crete have hired former Italy and AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager. (Reuters)

r

hell i'd take clasie and kongolo if they are wrapped up early.. the issue i have is we need a CB thats ready NOW! We also need to address our wings..

Woodward is sleeping.

Signing up a player like Mangala or Griezmann or even a Can (when he was available) would have shown he's serious.

smh. I can see it now, Clasie and some other Dutch joining in the final moments of the TW :smh:

Can is a very average player at the current time, We have enough of them already, hence why i don't want another joining (The Dutch Cleverley, Clasie)

The glass is always half full when discussing the future. Remember what people said about the U.S. and their chances right around the 2010-14 World Cups after the 2002 quarter finals exit?

A team with even higher expectations was Portugal in the 90s. They won two consecutive U-20 World Cups in 1989 and 1991 and were supposed to dominate, but they didn't even qualify for the 1994 and 1998 World Cups. 2002 was a disappointment as well. I'm not saying that those teams won't be good in the future. But it's stupid to think that players will be automatically better as they get older. Way more players than you'd think actually have their best period during their early 20s. 

I don't disagree with that. As for the US, people should have known better. But I think what I said earlier about the US is a fair assumption. As for France, you have good amount of players that have just entered their 20's and that are doing well for themselves: Varane, Zouma, Digne, Rabiot, Ntep, Ferri, Laporte. Pogba and Griezmann already play for the national team. But as you said, some players won't be better in their late 20's compared to their early 20's but looking at some of players France have now, I think they will turn out nicely in four years

Woodward is sleeping.

Can is a very average player at the current time, We have enough of them already, hence why i don't want another joining (The Dutch Cleverley, Clasie)

We also need to be aware of our situation. No CL, does hamper big names from coming. So holding out for a Kroos/Thiago/Muller/Reus etc can seriously backfire.

I'm sure that Can is better than Cleverley lol

NEWS: Meulensteen rejected for United role (ESPN)

"I would have been keen to go back," the Dutchman said at the release of the LMA Annual Castrol European Managers and Coaches Survey. "I spent 12 years at what is a fantastic club and never left Man United because I fell out with anyone there, but they've chosen to appoint Louis van Gaal and he has decided to bring in his own people so that is not an option."

Last edited:
That's a shame about Meulensteen.

I don't think he'll leave given Koke & his family were Atleti supporters & that he came up through their youth system. He's said its the club he loves... Here's a great feature on him by Copa90 & Adidas.

Transfer rumor - Juve & Alexis Sanchez have agreed on a 5 year deal however the Turin club have not come to terms with Barca yet...

Damn, I don't come in here for a few days and there 400+ new posts of craziness!  
laugh.gif

mean.gif
 @ the time-difference of this WC... gonna be so hard to follow. 
mean.gif

Gooners, what do you think of the rumors on Wenger passing on the chance of bringing Cesc back to Arsenal?

That's a shame about Meulensteen.

I don't think he'll leave given Koke & his family were Atleti supporters & that he came up through their youth system. He's said its the club he loves... Here's a great feature on him by Copa90 & Adidas.
el nino was the same though and he had to leave.. i think with the sale of costa they might be able to keep him but eventually that debt is gonna require him to move on

I thought Torres' ambition was always to leave one day. I think I remember him even saying he was looking for new challenges.

Koke has said several times this is the club he's grown up loving & doesn't want to leave if it were left up to him. Barca (or whomever) would have to offer a pile of cash that would be too enticing for him not to accept.

Damn beans, did you really have to pic/vid quote that whole thing? :tongue: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not worried about that meulensteen news.. i understand LVG wanting to use his own guys.. what worries me is the lack of activity on the transfer front.. you either get work done before WC (smartest) or after.. looks like another miserable summer

Back
Top Bottom