The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Is he better than Cleverley from what you've seen?

lmao yes... yes he is and for 10 mil there really isnt much risk

:lol: you pretty much answered my next question.

Why not upgrade on players like Cleverley, Anderson, even Carrick or Fletcher? Not every signing needs to be a marquee Fabregas/Mata/Muller etc.

:smh:

At least get rid of the dead weight and bring in some decent players.

I did hear that alot of signings wont be announced until after 30 June due to the financial books being reset then..

LvG proly has spoken to everyone on his Oranje side & has them ready to come over to Manchester after the WC.

BTW, saw high lights of some of their friendlies. Their kits look really nice on.

Pique can't be that stupid... He was heard telling del Bosque prior to a presser that Cesc told him a €33 million deal with Chelsea was done... Did he think the mics wouldn't pick up what he was saying? What a "maroon"... I'm so sad that Zubi & Co signed him to an extension. Regardless of him being married to Shakira, this dude is an idiot on the pitch. His true form has shown now that the likes of Abi & Puyol aren't there to cover his mistakes...

Regarding the Cesc situation...

From a journalist who is apparently reliable when it come to Arsenal...

David OrnsteinVerified account
‏@bbcsport_david
Fabregas now open to market & future likely to be sorted in next few weeks. #Afc priority striker & right-back + will get back-up goalkeeper

David OrnsteinVerified account
‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal have informed Barcelona they won't be exercising buy-back option on Fabregas. He was keen but #afc not seeking a creative midfielder

I'm still not saying anything confirmed until I see it coming from the clubs directly...but where there is smoke....

Last edited:
In addition to telling del Bosque about the Cesc to Chelsea deal, he told del Bosque that he had to defend Cesc during the presser to show him support...

^

I don't think Argentina was going hard in the paint for that friendly, but you're right, goal wide open.

I doubt anything like this happens at the WC.... I hope...

^

I don't think Argentina was going hard in the paint for that friendly, but you're right, goal wide open.

I doubt anything like this happens at the WC.... I hope...

From what I saw in the beginning of the match, they were fluid and moving around very well, but slightly disjointed at crucial times. A little bit more gelling, and going forward they will be spectacular to watch.

I'm sure during the WC, they will have sorted out that gelling issue, and will probably be way more focused.

Im being attacked by like 3 people for trying to discuss my opinions. I get what youre aaying though.

The stuff I said last week was, like I said, way too generalized. Shouldnt have been so adament about it. I would love to move on from stuff I posted 10 days ago.
Thus far it seems you know more about Russian football than the average Joe.

Not that I thought it was realistic, but Koke seems out for a Barca move & the chatter seems to be focusing on Rakitic to be Xavi's replacement. Roma's Pjanic has come into the picture too... :nerd:

Not that I thought it was realistic, but Koke seems out for a Barca move & the chatter seems to be focusing on Rakitic to be Xavi's replacement. Roma's Pjanic has come into the picture too... :nerd:
Watched him since Basel, not a huge fan honestly. Barca could do better.

Rakitic at Sevilla is different from what he was at Basel. His game has matured. He's been a steady play maker for the club & this campaign he had a break out year. Although he played a bit rash, he had a nice run in the later stages of the EL plus I think he finished with 10 assists & 10+ goals in 30 or so games of league play. He also a solid defender & would fit the style Enrique likes to play. I think his price is a little too high though. It was reported to be €40 mill at one point.

Pjanic is intriguing, but not sure if Roma would let the kid go nor should they IMO. He did play for Enrique during his short stint at Roma. He's also a good defender. Both players fit the mold that Enrique likes.

I just wish something gets settled at the centre back position soon... I'd like to see 2 new CBs... Send Pique to Chelsea with Cesc too... They can enjoy London together...

Strongly believe the Dutch will win a World Cup in 2018 or 2022. On the strength of new, young midfielders. Clasie, Wijnaldum, Adam Maher, and Strootman. Terence Kongolo is also one of the most promising CB's of the new generation.

Ross Barkley is going to be a fantastic player in 2-3 years

He already is one now

He just showed why is right now, again. :smokin

I'm sitting here watching (or trying to) the friendly from yesterday & Barkley looked really lively. Somewhat reminiscent of Rooney 10 years ago for the 3 Lions (Barkley isn't quite the cannonball on the field Rooney was then) & it confirms to me that Hodgson is in fact clueless.

Some choice quotes from Hodgson post match about Barkley. He seems to take umbrage over the fact that people think Barkley is talented. I get the feeling he's telling everyone to toss off & he'll play him when he wants to if at all...

There always seems to be an enormous obsession with one player. I will be prepared to start any of the players in any game, but I'm not prepared to address your obsession with Ross Barkley.

He lost the ball an awful lot of times as well. If he's going to be the player we want him to be, he has to make better decisions of when he turns with the ball.

I think Ross had some good moments. I think he needs to learn when he can turn with the ball and when he has to keep the ball. But that's quite normal for a player of his age. He'll be quite happy to have played so long on his first start.

That's not a criticism, but there were other performances out there today who merited your ‘obsession’ more than Ross Barkley's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-Hodgson-criticises-his-decision-making.html

Jeez, how old is Keita now? He looks great in the vid but he has to be up there in age...

Last edited:
So many damn injuries right before the world cup :smh: Are all these friendlies really necessary? Let the players rest and recover from their long seasons

Back
Top Bottom