The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Haha at that Ronaldo & Bale comparison. Ronaldo is not going to be happy Bale cost more than him. He took pride in that transfer fee.

Doesn't matter, Real are just going to continue breaking there own record tranfer fee's over and over.

I'll be surprised if Bale gets more than 13 goals this season.

The assumption is at 24, Bale's best six years are square ahead.

Is he "worth" the transfer evaluation? Probably not. Is he better than CR7? Absolutely not.

But he has top-10 footballer potential. Back when Bale was torching Maicon in CL, he was one-dimensional and relied too heavily on pace. Since then, he's improved other aspects of his game on the pitch. Set-pieces, dribbling, finding the right ball in the attacking third. Bale's only going to get better, and I liked the experience he gained playing through the middle as a CF last campaign under AVB.

The assumption is at 24, Bale's best six years are square ahead.

Is he "worth" the transfer evaluation? Probably not. Is he better than CR7? Absolutely not.

But he has top-10 footballer potential. Back when Bale was torching Maicon in CL, he was one-dimensional and relied too heavily on pace. Since then, he's improved other aspects of his game on the pitch. Set-pieces, dribbling, finding the right ball in the attacking third. Bale's only going to get better, and I liked the experience he gained playing through the middle as a CF last campaign under AVB.

Agreed. Also that little infograph comparison doesn't mention the fact that Bale never had the type of quality players Ronaldo was surrounded with at Manchester United. With that being said, the transfer fee is certainly ridiculous. I can't wait to see how he's going to play in Madrid, big fan of his game, things just got very interesting.

If there is one player who will be a flop, it's going to be Bale, not Neymar. This will go down as one of the worst signings ever.

Why will he flop?

The quality, skillset, and support system are all in place to groom a budding world-class superstar.

What's the definition of a "Bale Flop"?

Is it like comparing the flop that Kaka was when he got transfered? Or is it a flop if he doesn't average a goal a game like Ronaldo?

@CentreTransfer: Gareth Bale will earn a whopping £300,000 a week before tax.

@ChurchOfFutbol: Gareth Bale's wage breakdown at Madrid:
Yearly: £15,600,000
Monthly: £1,200,000
Weekly: £300,000
Daily: £42,857
Hourly: £2,040
Minute: £34

$24,172,200.00
$1,859,400.00
$464,850
$66,406.92
$3,160.98
$52.68

FearTheIbis could just be mad and overreacting since he was calling everyone stupid for believing Real would make a 100 million euro bid for Bale. :lol:

I'm disappointed in Spurs and AVB. Today's result was not positive. Arsenal had no transfer activity. Spurs bought all the right players and handled the Bale sale perfectly. Yet if they don't challenge for a top-4 spot and secure CL football, it's all for naught.

Coentrao could help at the LB position to solidify their busy window. Lamela, Soldado, Capoue, Chadli, Chiriches, Eriksen, Paulinho.

Coentrao is staying in Madrid. Ancelotti has convinced him to stay put. Good move by Ancelotti, they'll need him throughout the season.

Erikison is going to change everything. That creative midfielder they need

Boy is nice. Spurs sniped Liverpool. Imagine if they secured Willian.

Ajax should have held out for a higher fee.

No, I think CR7 is best on the left wing. Natural position. Utilize his pace and dribbling most effectively. Cutting in on his right.

Bale should take Di Maria's spot on the right wing. Can similarly cut in on his patented left foot. Will beat most LB's for pace. Good crosser of the ball. Isco at CAM if Mes is indeed sold. Luka can play a deeper holding role until Alonso returns from injury, paired with Khedira. Benzema gets the start up top and has no reason not to produce. I'm expecting 20+ goals given the service provided. Clinical finishing and efficient poaching.

This is greedy, but my dream is to swap Suarez for Benzema. Di Maria for Kun Aguero.

No, I think CR7 is best on the left wing. Natural position. Utilize his pace and dribbling most effectively. Cutting in on his right.

Bale should take Di Maria's spot on the right wing. Can similarly cut in on his patented left foot. Will beat most LB's for pace. Good crosser of the ball. Isco at CAM if Mes is indeed sold. Luka can play a deeper holding role until Alonso returns from injury, paired with Khedira. Benzema gets the start up top and has no reason not to produce. I'm expecting 20+ goals given the service provided. Clinical finishing and efficient poaching.

This is greedy, but my dream is to swap Suarez for Benzema. Di Maria for Kun Aguero.

Ummm no

Lol, not a straight swap. I meant in a dream scenario, Arsenal would buy Di Maria. Allowing us to partially fund a Kun transfer.

Face it, he's leaving City eventually. Aguero is destined for Madrid. Atleti just wouldn't sell him directly to a rival. Like Balotelli from Inter to AC Milan.

Maher might be better than Eriksen, and lesser known.

He just might be...maher is extremely good...him and Jozy were the only reasons AZ were successful in winning the Dutch cup, he's going to be a star on a major euro team in 2 yrs

Spurs should lock up a deal for Ince. His current valuation is modest, affordable.

The kid can play. Good footballing pedigree.

Back
Top Bottom