The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Hazard's been one of my favorite young footballers since Lille. His brother will be world-class as well.

However, Eden needs to maintain more consistent form. He took the EPL by storm in his debut campaign, but slowly and gradually faded as the season progressed.

Mata, for example, had the better and more consistent total campaign.

Nope. He's very overrated.

And wasn't it 85mi not 100?

85 million pounds translates to 100 million euro's.

I agree with Cru also. You can't sacrifice Ronaldo's position for Bale. Bale will have to take the right wing, primarily. What Acelotti can do however is experiment putting Bale/Ronaldo at striker or possibly playing a false 9 with Ronaldo and Bale becoming wing/strikers.

Whatever happens, its going to be fun to watch. The speed and strength of both dudes is going to make the counter attack beautiful. I'd worry about Bale's dribbling skills the most but this also relieves alot of pressure that Ronaldo consisitantly faces throughout the game. Like I said before I don't expect Bale to get many goals, I doubt he'd eclipse 13 goals this season but his presence alone can free much needed space. Not to mention he's a great defender and can track back very well, better than Di Maria or Ozil could.

Last edited:
is any station in america having sky sports news all day?

Nope, you'll have to find a stream bit.ly/1csI8Dg

Maher might be better than Eriksen, and lesser known.

He just might be...maher is extremely good...him and Jozy were the only reasons AZ were successful in winning the Dutch cup, he's going to be a star on a major euro team in 2 yrs

Yea, Maher is talented. So much potential. Going to PSV was the right move. Can't wait to see how he develops

Immense pressure on Ancelotti to produce titles.

Barca looks strong and Neymar is fitting right in.

Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, City, United, Dortmund, PSG. CL is never a walk in the park, always unpredictable.

Bale, Isco, Illarramendi. Quality all over the pitch. Strong defensively and in net. Wealth of attacking options.

Domestic title and a CL final appearance.

Flamini showed up today. His leadership qualities were impressive, captains band worthy type impressive. I know a lot of fans didn't want him to be signed(he was free, it's not like we lost anything) but that quality along with his experience is what we really need.

As for Kagawa and Ozil, being that it's a WC season they are gonna need to get as much playing time as they can. I'm watching ESPN FC and they don't have an answer or any speculation to where he was today. If he was injured, we surely would have know. It's hard to see United letting Kagawa go considering the lack of creativity.

Regardless of the Arsenal - Ozil rumors, I just hope we get another CB and especially a CDM.

Just got done watching the Barca & Real Madrid games I recorded on the DVR. Couldn't watch live because I went to a relatives for a cook out. Wow, hat trick not with standing Messi looked strong today. Took many shots on goal today. Super impressed with Neymar also. He's coming along fine. That last goal from Messi was beautiful with Cesc & Neymar leading the attach resulting La Pulga scoring his last goal to complete the hat trick.

I was amazed at the speed of the game especially with Valencia. They were flying to ball & on the attack. Postiga was on fire for them. Even though there weren't goals in the second half, that was an entertaining game. Reminded me why I love La Liga so much, especially over the Prem.

Real Madrid looked fine today also. Isco looked good again. Perez fond the man to lead their attack for a long time. :smokin @ the best player the British Isles have produced in a long time coming to Spain to play. I'm interested in seeing how Ancelotti utilizes Bale & Ronaldo. He doesn't necessarily have the best track record though but he has a nice problem to have.

Interesting to see what plays out for the rest of this transfer window.

I wish Kaka the best going back to his beloved Milan. I hope he does well. He still has something to offer.

Can we talk about how freaking good Isco is? My goodness. Not many players can come in and basically take over a player like Ozil spot.

Becoming my 2nd favorite player behind CR.

I think RM plays a false 9. CR - Isco - Modric/Ozil - Bale.

Benz as a super sub?

Any way to watch re-runs of ESPNFC online somewhere?

:lol: @ the Premiership averaging 1.4 goals per match. Being last of the top 5 leagues. NBC pick up La Liga or Serie A next time.

Can we talk about how freaking good Isco is? My goodness. Not many players can come in and basically take over a player like Ozil spot.

Becoming my 2nd favorite player behind CR.

I think RM plays a false 9. CR - Isco - Modric/Ozil - Bale.

Benz as a super sub?

I was glad he didn't go to the Prem to play, but I sunk my head when he chose RM... >D In the short time he's been there, he's looked like he's been playing with them for a long time which is what I expected.

Modric had a great game for RM today too. He almost single handily nullified Athletic's midfield today.

Cru- On paper one should take Dzeko, but I kind of like Benzema by a hair... That's a tough one though... I'd like to see Dzeko leave Man City for another team. Statistically, he's done ok but it hasn't seemed to work out for him since he's been with the Blues.

Edit - Nevermind, I'd take Benzema. I just remember that Dzeko isn't really that technical a player & has no dribbling skills.

Last edited:
I feel Dzeko's style is best suited for Bundesliga (or even Serie A).

He's under appreciated or under utilized at Eastlands.

Erikison is going to change everything. That creative midfielder they need
This.

The players I'm most excited about are Eriksen and Lamela, who looked lively for the 15 mins he was on.

Soldado has the proven tools but it's useless without the service, of which he's had absolutely zero in all 3 games.

Early days but I haven't been impressed with Capoue or Chadli so far, too much playing it square rather than pushing forward.  Holtby should have been in there considering his recent form, he would've had the creativity we needed to link up with Sol.

On the plus side, at least we have the best goalkeeper in the league atm.

Any way to watch re-runs of ESPNFC online somewhere?

:lol: @ the Premiership averaging 1.4 goals per match. Being last of the top 5 leagues. NBC pick up La Liga or Serie A next time.

Goals scored =/= quality of play

So what that EPL teams actually defend. Nothing entertaining about watching Barcelona smash teams 8-0 every week.

Goals scored =/= quality of play

So what that EPL teams actually defend. Nothing entertaining about watching Barcelona smash teams 8-0 every week.

Even if you weren't making a ridiculous exaggeration, what does that have to do with actual quality of play between say, Sevilla and Malaga? And did you watch Barca's game last night? The week before? The SuperCup? Massive scorelines don't happen that often, but when it does it's just two of the biggest and best sides in the world playing really well and beating up on inferior teams. Barca/Madrid deal with deep defensive blocks and tactical battles rather often in Spain; they would annihilate most Premier League sides. Messi, CR, etc. would feast on the fast pace and end to end nature of the Prem. Regardless, the highest margin of victory for Barca last season was 5 goals, but wasn't it Chelsea who had an 8-nil in their favor?

The financial situation of most La Liga sides is dire, but that has nothing to do with the quality of football they set out to play, nor does it stop many clubs from assembling good sides. Spain's football youth infrastructure is the best in the world. There is an endless supply of quality. Hopefully the economic situation will normalize in a couple years, and once some of the debt is serviced, the league will be even stronger. It currently has the highest UEFA coefficient anyway, and I can see three Liga sides reaching the CLQF again this season.

But LOL @ a Chelsea fan talking about quality of play.

Pool/United was pretty entertaining. Gerrard looks great in that deep midfield role. Not sure what the purpose of Cleverly is. I don't recall him completing one telling pass all match long - seemingly just kept recycling to Carrick. And to think, many United supporters I know rated him higher around the time they let go of Pogba - who now looks like a young Frank Rijkaard. :lol:

Kagawa should feel personally offended old man Giggs is starting over him, let alone not even making the bench. Very odd team selection. The reaction from United fans has been pretty funny, though. Seems the knives are already out for Moyes.

Seems Arsenal are in for Ozil, but surely attacking midfield is the one area they are relatively well-stocked? That said, an attacking line of Cazorla-Ozil-Walcott would be something. Cazorla was incredible yesterday, Spurs couldn't get near him. Still underrated.

Last edited:

Arsenal got Ozil?

They say medical today.

@CentreTransfer: Arsenal are set to break there wage structure and pay Ozil £180,000 a week. (Daily Mail) #Transfers

@CentreTransfer: Arsenal are also preparing a move for Chelsea striker Demba Ba on loan. (BBC) #Transfers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom