The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Im in the minority but I wish the World Cup reseeded for every round like the champions league. I would tank some games to avoid teams and play in the weaker bracket. Germany And Argentina could have a real easy road compared to others.

I thought about putting Spain in the final, but i'm a firm believer that Spain goes as far as Barca goes. That Catalan core group in the midfield aren't the same anymore. Funny that Spaniards owe so much of there international domination due to Catalan's. :lol:

I thought about putting Spain in the final, but i'm a firm believer that Spain goes as far as Barca goes. That Catalan core group in the midfield aren't the same anymore. Funny that Spaniards owe so much of there international domination due to Catalan's. :lol:
I agree. I have the Dutch finishing above Spain .

Yeah if brasil finishes 1st they are going to have a very tough run to the finals. I just can't trust a Neymar lead team to win it all regardless of being on home soil.

I have argentina or spain. Cant decide which one yet. Leading towards Argentina though. No excuse for messi this time.

Last edited:
I thought about putting Spain in the final, but i'm a firm believer that Spain goes as far as Barca goes. That Catalan core group in the midfield aren't the same anymore. Funny that Spaniards owe so much of there international domination due to Catalan's.
laugh.gif
That's the one thing I was iffy on, but realistically Busquets, Iniesta, and Fabreagas should have no reason to be disinterested like they might have been for Barca this past campaign. That leaves Xavi as the one question mark, but if he can't play at a high level I can see Koke emerging if he's given a proper chance, and Xabi Alonso was still able to play at a high level for the CL winners. So if any of those guys are slacking then there are options off the bench to fill in.

That's the one thing I was iffy on, but realistically Busquets, Iniesta, and Fabreagas should have no reason to be disinterested like they might have been for Barca this past campaign. That leaves Xavi as the one question mark, but if he can't play at a high level I can see Koke emerging if he's given a proper chance, and Xabi Alonso was still able to play at a high level for the CL winners. So if any of those guys are slacking then there are options off the bench to fill in.

The players you mentioned take Barca more seriously than they take the world cup. That's why my faith in Spain isn't as high. If they play other players I'd restore my faith making it to the final.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
That was like our 3rd last minute comeback of the season. Could of easily gotten the L tho.

We're starting to be known as Draw City now :smh:
And amidst all this Joleon Lescott talk im sure he cant do any worse to our backline than it already is if we can sign him.

You got any teams you root for in the MLS rck?

Last edited:
Last edited:
i've been to a timbers game in portland. fanbase is definitely awesome. great experience
Glad you had a good time :pimp: I'm getting frustrated with our back 4. None of them played well tonight and Kah barely broke even with the game tying goal. Portland needs to get someone, anyone new into the CB slots. Lescott or not. Great job by Dallas to shut our attack down. Couldn't get a ******* thing on goal until the PK.

damn...came home for lunch and saw a bit of the game...we were up 2 but we were sitting deep.
was still a comfortable lead...smh.

I doubt I'll be posting much (either at the bar or avoiding the internet for games I have to DVR due to work), but I'm hiding out in here.

I
So is everyone heading over to the WC thread or gonna stick with this one?

I might stay in here... I don't remember this level of riff raff coming into the footy threads during the last WC... This year's is bringing a lot of noobs talking too much ish... :rolleyes

ill stay in here too then.....Ill prolly lurk the other thread though.. not gonna lie :smh:

Back
Top Bottom