The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

In the Batistuta/Ortega years it was always Argentina.
In the Ruiz years it was always Guate.
Now its Messi and DiMaria
But it Depends on the situation too. This is a qualifying year so I rooted for Arg this game cuz they are still qualifying and working out schemes while Guate is eliminated. Last time they played I rooted for Guate cuz Arg had their B squad and Guate had more players I knew like Pappa playing and showing skills.

Yes I was born in America but for me Guate and Arg > the US team.
I've gotten tears after a Guate loss (Eliminated by Costa Rica in 2001 Hex) and Argentina loss (vs Holland in wc98 vs England in wc2002) but never for a US loss.

Lots of flip flopping over here, lol.

To me its USMNT all day. I love this country and the great opportunities its given my parents and family, and I feel a sense of pride watching good ole "Americuh" adopt and develop this great sport that was passed down to me by my pops and is running thru my veins since birth... World Cup here we come fams!!

My (parents') countries rarely play the US so if they do i typically cheer for the US. I was raised around my Colombian family (the bulk of which live here in the US) and Peru hasn't been good since the 70's, so I usually cheer for Colombia when the two play in CONMEBOL qualifiers... WE look like a dark horse for next year's WC, just watch... Falcao, Jackson, James, up front... My mind salivates at the the thought.. Plan on seeing them play live IN BRAZIL (savings plan in full effect all ready) next year (as well as the USMNT)...

#EndRandomRant

Lol, could have mistaken you for a Benfica supporter.
Never heard of them..
roll.gif

Lots of flip flopping over here, lol.

To me its USMNT all day. I love this country and the great opportunities its given my parents and family, and I feel a sense of pride watching good ole "Americuh" adopt and develop this great sport that was passed down to me by my pops and is running thru my veins since birth... World Cup here we come fams!!

My (parents') countries rarely play the US so if they do i typically cheer for the US. I was raised around my Colombian family (the bulk of which live here in the US) and Peru hasn't been good since the 70's, so I usually cheer for Colombia when the two play in CONMEBOL qualifiers... WE look like a dark horse for next year's WC, just watch... Falcao, Jackson, James, up front... My mind salivates at the the thought.. Plan on seeing them play live IN BRAZIL (savings plan in full effect all ready) next year (as well as the USMNT)...

#EndRandomRant

So i flip flop but you dont?
Choosing to root for Colombia cuz Peru sucks isnt flip flopping?
Also, the US in the last 10 years has argueably been better than Peru and Colombia in World Cups so I can understand why you go all Uncle Sam.

Also I love the US but why would i feel more attached to the US Team when they play Arg or Guate? The US team looks less like me. I cant identify with Michael Bradley, Brek Shea and Jozy Altidore. Come on man. Ask the Africans here why they like Drogba, Henry and Balotelli.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm gonna go to the International Champions Cup finals. I have the money to buy the tickets but I don't have anybody to go with :frown:

#foreveralone

Ronaldo's first pitch :x

I don't think I'm gonna go to the International Champions Cup finals. I have the money to buy the tickets but I don't have anybody to go with :frown:

#foreveralone

Me neither :frown:

Fly me out and I'll go with you :nerd: :wow:

Last edited:

#foreveralone

Nothing wrong with going alone to games. I've done it before and always ended up meeting some cool fans of either my team or another team and had a great time.

I've liked Arsenal since about 2006 but this will be my first year truly "supporting" them. As far as international teams go it's USA, then the Netherlands. My goal is to keep up with this thread and learn a lot from everyone since this is the first time I'm really following football in a while.

With that said....this was my favorite team
View media item 521330
...we coulda been a contender....I hate you Dennis Bergkamp

To this day I still believe that if this team would've won that close game against Germany in the quarter-finals they would've gone on to take the 2006 World Cup. Pekerman threw that game away when he subbed Cruz for Riquelme and left Messi rotting away on the bench :smh:
View media item 521614

But hey, every World Cup is the same old story with Argentina right? In 1990 the ref screwed us with that penalty in the final against Germany. In 1994 FIFA screwed us with Maradona's "random" doping test. In 1998 we could've gotten past Holland if not for a gross mistake by Ortega. The 2002 team was arguably the most talented team Argentina ever put together, we just didn't get the luck of the draw. I can't speak for this last World Cup though, the AFA threw away any chances of winning in South Africa when they appointed Maradona as coach.

Last edited:
Ronaldo's first pitch :x
#foreveralone
Me neither :frown:
Fly me out and I'll go with you :nerd: :wow:
I'm not flying anybody out, you Asians in Cali got $$$$ anyways :lol:

#foreveralone

Nothing wrong with going alone to games. I've done it before and always ended up meeting some cool fans of either my team or another team and had a great time.
Gonna have to think about this, I've never went to any sporting event alone. Plus I don't wanna deal with these drunk fools that go to football games down here, they get all violent and ****.
I'm pretty confident now that you're from down here :nerd:

People really need to get over the fear of going alone. It's not all the time European teams come over to play and you're going to throw away that chance because you couldn't find anyone to go with? Try stepping out of your comfort zone and eventually no dambs will be given the next time you can't find folks to go with.

Back
Top Bottom