The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@RobHarris
Rooney didn't seem to celebrate Van Persie goal. No reaction to goal

Yeah I noticed that when they showed a highlight.

I thought maybe all of the talk about Rooney was just paper talk...but after seeing that smh

I would think you'd celebrate with your teammate if you were happy to be on the team

Welbz. 
mean.gif

Cheeeeeeeeky chip! 

Roo didn't bother celebrating, but he did get tackled...

Last edited:
I still can't believe Arsenal let Van Persie go for the cheap, let alone there rivals. :lol:

Seriously, it's time for Wenger to go. This is just embarrassing, it's not even funny anymore.

Rooney is visible frustrated on the field, something has to happen with him.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Is it just me or is rvp blatantly not feeding Rooney?

As much as he doesn't have to...I feel like for the team, the right thing to do, is for RVP to feed him an assist or two...get his confidence back.

But watching him out there...smh no real passion...offsides...make poor run decisions....

Just not the Rooney we all knew and admired.

When Moyes was giving him instructions, it looked like he wasn't even listening. You can just see there's still a major rift..

What a dominant performance by United. Wow...I knew they wouldn't fall off like everyone was saying.

Swansea tho..at home? smh

What are u doing Danny o'boy?? That goal is on him. At least he made up for that with his cheeky finish in the
90th minute :smokin

And can somebody help me figure out what exactly Cleverly provides, everytime i look up he's
just standing there not really doing anything on defense nor offense. We so need a central midfielder cause
Cleverly Giggs and Anderson partnering with Carrick all season do not give me the warm and fuzzies.

And it's sure does look like Rooneh does not want to be in Manchester this season :smh:

Arsenal :rofl:

How could y'all not understand where Rooney distaste is coming from? If I was dude I'd react the same way...**** united....they need to let him go

Last edited:
I feel bad for Rooney. Clearly is very unhappy and has a dream opportunity to play at Chelsea (not comparing the 2 clubs, but the situation he'd be playing in.)

I understand where United is coming from as well though. A year after Arsenal sold them the title, it would just be stupid for them to do the same for Chelsea.

But then you go back to how he was pushed so hard and convinced to stay at United when he wanted to leave seasons ago. Had he left on a free, that 25 mil that Chelsea is offering wouldn't even be available.

It's really a tough situation that United are in, to balance out your own interests and loyalty to a player that served you well on and off the field as the superstar they marketed.

I think I'm so drawn to the situation because there is no clear right or wrong for how ManU should handle this.

Last edited:
^ Rooney is in his own made hell, he wanted united to sign better players. Enter RVP, who just happens to be a better forward, and he's upset the very thing he wanted happened. Just because 25 million is being offered doesn't mean UTD have to jump at it, would be beyond stupid for UTD to let him go to Chelsea. I don't fault him though, he is a player that deserves playing time.

Slight rant but spot on and warranted
@DarrenArsenal1 All very well saying that manager has to go but where we are today is due to so many people who are culpable and not like they wernt warned
- The directors of the club decided for their own benefit that the under capitalized club didn't need money in 2007. We made do.....
- Instead of 10% share dilution,raising £100m we made do.Would have meant shareholders putting money into club if wanted to preserve holding.
- We didn't do it, and we made do, we sold and sold players and replaced with substandard replacements. We made do....
- When the major hump of the stadium seemed to be easing in 2010 and we had spare cash, we didn't spend what we needed, we made do.....
- Every window since we have hoarded cash and haven't spent anything other than minimum. The managers decision to make do......
- The squad, ergo the club had become a lesser option for quality players as they had better options elsewhere. So again we had to make do. ..
- The manager does deserve credit for guiding the club into the cash cow of the CL with such a make do attitude. ...
- All the while huge salaries and windfalls to the executive and directors through share sales have taken place.....
- Total fallacy that this summer has been the summer where club has had money, its had huge available cash last 2 summers......
- ..but make do attitude didn't allow for spend.
- And now we are where we are today. £180m+ in bank. Having huge cash surplus, new Emirates windfall, queensland road money
- ..New TV revs and huge kit deal with Puma agreed.....
- Question is now if the club is a draw for top end players anymore.They have options of big clubs paying market rate before they choose AFC.
- Instead of being forward thinking knowing this was to happen,& doing what needed to be done over the last 2 yrs with the squad we made do.
- & we are where we are today. A team and club that's gone backwards due to no additions....
- By not adding and everyone else doing so,we've stood still and regressed this summer.
- And now what,whatever we do now is reactive not proactive in a summer that should never seen such a strategy.
- A manager and ceo who seem not on same page, a fanbase so angry and appalled not seen since end of Terry Neil.
- Crowd were 100% justified in exploding today. Before everyone chooses to blame the ref,have a look at how many shots we had on target...
- Blame a reaccuring theme at Arsenal,blame ref,blame rich owners,blame transfer market,but real blame lies squarely at this Board & manager.
- Rant over....goodnight

Why is everyone asking for wengers head? He won't get sacked, he makes too much money for the bosses. They could probably care less for a trophy since their pockets are getting fat.

And as for Rooney, he needs to man up. Acting like a child.

Great day of games

- Liverpool looked decent today. That dude Coutinho is sick with the ball at his feet

- Arsenal got jobbed today. Hopefully Sagna makes a strong recovery, that fall looked 
sick.gif

- Man Utd's forwards once again masked their very average midfield. RVP is on a different level than everyone else 
nthat.gif

Rooney after the 3rd goal
Rooney played today with zero passion. I understand he wants to leave, but he is being paid way to much to straight sulk up and down the field. If Suarez comes back to Pool its gonna be the same situation

Back
Top Bottom