The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

How does this even happen??? Heads are gonna roll for this... 
roll.gif

Moyes finishes out of top 4 this season, he'll be dusting off his CV.

Footie Writer ‏@FootieWriter 6m
BREAKING: #AFC held talks with the #FA about extending the deadline for #Ozil deal even though it is likely to go through before #RMCF

I think they'll give him at least 3 seasons, maybe?

But his next press-conference will be 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 16s
Wenger: "We've admired Ozil for some time. He has all the attributes I look for in a player." #Transfers

mother of dragons ‏@OhSoZeee 1m
[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] “@GoonRambler: Özil: "When talking to Arsene Wenger I immediately felt what I had missed. He has 100% faith in me"”

mother of dragons ‏@OhSoZeee 2m
YESSSS “@samuelj29060: Ozil: "I'm looking forward to my future in the Premier League." Says Wenger played a huge part in him signing. #afc”

DONE DEAL!

Mesut Ozil has confirmed to Sky Germany that he HAS joined Arsenal.

Cue street celebrations in north London as Arsene Wenger's bank manager gets his first commission in about a decade.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-deadline-day-2013-live-2244693#ixzz2dm06Ivzn
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Last edited:
Fantastic signing for Arsenal, kudos to Wenger. Unbelievable how it has all unfolded. Going to be fun to watch Ozil in the EPL.

[h1]German international Ozil joins Arsenal[/h1]
German international midfielder Mesut Ozil has joined Arsenal on a long-term contract in a Club record deal.

Ozil, 24, joins Arsenal from Real Madrid where he made a total of 159 appearances in three years. During that time he won both La Liga and the Copa del Rey.

The attacking midfielder has been a long-term target and manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are extremely pleased to have signed Mesut Ozil. He is a great player, with proven quality at both club and international level. We have watched and admired him for some time as he has all the attributes I look for in an Arsenal player.

He [Ozil] is a great player, with proven quality at both club and international level. We have watched and admired him for some time as he has all the attributes I look for in an Arsenal player
Arsène Wenger

“I have said throughout the summer that we have been working hard to bring in top quality players to this football club. This has involved many many people across the Club and I have always had the full support of the Club in making decisions on the football side.

“Mesut is a top quality footballer who will be a fantastic addition to our talented squad. We are all looking forward to him joining up with us after his international matches with Germany and working with us as an Arsenal player.”

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “This is an exciting day for all of us. We have signed a world-class player who is one of Europe’s brightest young talents.

“Mr Kroenke, our controlling owner, has always fully supported Arsène and the Club in making significant investments to strengthen our squad and to bring in talented players who fit our style and ambitions.

"Like all of us, Mr Kroenke wants to see Arsenal winning titles and trophies and he has absolute faith and belief in our manager to achieve that. We will continue to work towards that goal and look forward to an exciting season.”

Ozil joined his hometown club Schalke in 2006 at the age of 18 and, after spending two years with the Gelsenkirchen club, he made the move to Bundesliga side Werder Bremen in 2008. After making 71 appearances with Bremen, Ozil made the move to Real Madrid following impressive displays at the World Cup in South Africa. He has made 47 appearances for his country, scoring 17 goals.

Speaking after completing his medical in Germany, Ozil said: “I am thrilled to be joining a club of the stature of Arsenal and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League. It will be great for my own personal development as a player and I am particularly looking forward to working with Arsène Wenger.

“From our negotiations it is clear the Club has huge ambition and I look forward to being part of an exciting future.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal

We're like a dude in a club desperate for a woman, so we start with high standards (Fabregas), then after a knock back and the night wears on, we drop to the next level (Herrera) but tap a dog (Fellaini just in case), then try another dime (Khediera), before ending up with the dog after all.

What the hell is goin on? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smh:

Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 1m
BREAKING: Imposters tried to represent Man Utd in the Herrera deal earlier. They said they'd pay £30.5m buy-out clause! #Transfers

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 1m
#MUFC officials at the Spanish league offices weren't even from United. They were Imposters.

You haven't heard?

There is a movie coming out next year called "The Transfer Crashers"

Eiddy: I firmly believe Moyes and United missed on Strootman. His valuation was fair and affordable.

Even Eriksen, who feels more like a Liverpool or Spurs footballer than United. But still could have been had on the cheap from Ajax.

Eiddy: I firmly believe Moyes and United missed on Strootman. His valuation was fair and affordable.

Even Eriksen, who feels more like a Liverpool or Spurs footballer than United. But still could have been had on the cheap from Ajax.

Like I said a while ago. United really just wanted Baines and Fellaini. All of the Fabregas and big names were just to make it look like they were trying. But because it was done so publicly, it was embarrassing.

United had been tracking Strootman for ages, but I doubt a single conversation happened, same with Thiago, Eriksen and any other realistic target.

I felt Lukaku was ready for regular first team football at Chelsea.

The Everton loan spell could serve him well after the WBA stay last campaign.

David McDonnell with the latest from Manchester:

"Manchester United claim they pulled the plug on their move for Ander Herrera because they felt he was overpriced.

"United were poised to land the Athletic Bilbao playmaker but were unwilling to pay the £30.5million fee to trigger his release clause.

"After a frantic day of negotiations in Spain, United called off the deal less than an hour before the 11pm transfer deadline.

"United sources told Mirror Sport the buyout clause in Herrera's contract did not meet their valuation of the 24-year-old Spaniard.

"Although United boss David Moyes was keen to sign Herrera, his preferred option was always Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-deadline-day-2013-live-2244693#ixzz2dm5KrAB0
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Like I said a while ago. United really just wanted Baines and Fellaini. All of the Fabregas and big names were just to make it look like they were trying. But because it was done so publicly, it was embarrassing.

United had been tracking Strootman for ages, but I doubt a single conversation happened, same with Thiago, Eriksen and any other realistic target.

Thiago is different I believe. Unless his father was lying, which would make no sense, United did at least communicate with them but did they ever plan on buying? Nope, money was never free.

Fellaini + Moyes isn't some mystical connection. It's really becoming an improved Everton.

Last edited:

Thiago is different I believe. Unless his father was lying, which would make no sense, United did at least communicate with them but did they ever plan on buying? Nope, money was never free.

Fellaini + Moyes isn't some mystical connection. It's really becoming an improved Everton.

I saw an interview with Thiago in which he came out and said United never even made a single bid. He said he heard rumours from the press, but nothing formal ever came.

Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 44s
Everton have matched Wigan's valuation for James McCarthy.(SkySports) #Transfers

"RVP left us because 'Arsenal lacked ambition' Now we have Ozil, Santi, Jack while he's stuck with Cleverley, Welbeck, Valencia. Take that wanker!"

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom