The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Rumours are that United will put in a bid for Mangala :nerd: I assume they'll ship out Ferdi and possibly Vidic as apparently it's a double bid.
I was beginning to think he was injured. Specially since he had that golden run when he first signed.

Join the club.

Chelsea (Jose), Man City, Barca, and Monaco want him. With that type of competition Man U doesn't look like the team to win a bid. I know they're trying to give Anderson + Cash for Mangala to lessen the fee but Porto don't want Anderson back lol

Last edited:
I see you're struggling to understand how transfer fee's work. A transfer fee doesn't always directly correlate to a players ability, but often to how badly one club wants the player, and how badly the other club wants to keep the player (a whole different avenue in the prem is whether a player is English or not but I digress).

Ozil went for that price cause he wanted to go, and Real felt he was a surplus after buying Isco, also due to the timing of the signing. If there was a bidding war, and managers knew weeks in advance that Ozil was on sale, there's no way he would have went for that price. Also, if Real really wanted to keep him, he'd be way up there in the 50's maybe 60's. Bales price is because of the business savy of Levy, not because of Bales ability.

But to say he's overrated? A bum?

26 goals last season with no real supply? Didn't your top striker Giroud score 17 last season with the supply of Santi & Co? Walcott put away 21....but somehow, in your mind, Bale is a bum. :rolleyes

Bale is a great player and deserves CL footy.
Don't waste time arguing with him. If Bale were on Arsenal, he would've been sucking him off and praising him as the next coming of God.

:smh: I mean really, we're discussing one player, and somehow this dude manages divert the conversation to how Spurs finished.

Seems like someone already forgot scenes like this...

View media item 642719View media item 642720

All for Fourth Place.

Yeah, it was more of RVP + Shinji that interested me... 

But of course half-an-eye on Arsenal this weekend too. 

Young goes down! :nerd:  Hmmmm. :rolleyes
He did have his arm, but it was soft. 

invBsd7MXPhhg.gif

Yooo, Ashley Young has been taking some serious acting lessons. Dude is flopping all over the place lol.

Can't believe they gave they penalty :x

Benfica are losing it, pitiful. They've looked bad all season. Can't say much about Porto in the CL, they've played well but have lost some heartbreakers :smh:

Tomorrow is a must win, I'm nervous. Early start at 12.

Last edited:
Citeh already qualified.

Those billions starting to pay off in Europe.

Aguero was such a great purchase.

@Coupe that dive was an absolute shocker. Proper one trick pony, I can't see how he still gets game time especially over Willy Z

Uber Football Facts ‏@UberFotbalFacts 14m
GOALS IN CL THIS SEASON:

Ronaldo - 8
Zlatan - 7
Barcelona - 6
Dortmund - 6
Man Utd - 6
Arsenal - 5

Last edited:
Eiddy and Jada are going to go ham this weekend lol. That Arsenal vs Man U game is going to boil ya'lls blood.

Ronaldo and Zlatan move on to the next round by themselves. Lol

:lol: not even.

I'll just continue to debate footy with folks and keep it movin with the gifs and banter.

Oh, thought that defender had Young's arm, but not at all! 
mad.gif

I'm so sick of his $*%#... 
mean.gif

Last edited:
So At this point can we ask if ancelotti even rates isco? How do you sell Özil and then not play his direct replacement ?

Now you're changing the topic, though? :lol:

Nice to know you only won the title last year because you bought RvP.
By that logic Arsenal is truly trash then. Cause if Van Persie was the reason United won the league after being on the team for 1 season, and Arsenal had him as a player for 8 years and couldn't win it , then all of Arsenals players within that space of time must've been nothing but wastemen.

ManU looked like a second division team today. I cheered when Fellani got sent off, I hate him with a passion. The game against Arsenal is gonna be a blow out. I give Moyes until the end of the season to get sacked, he is not right for the team.

Iker with the nice save & a nice follow-up save from Pepe...

You talking about this?

iNf8TPwKwOwbh.gif

No there was one where Iker made a save & then someone got a rebound, took a shot which Pepe blocked.

:lol: @ Jada saying Cesc was "produced" at Aresnal.

That would be like saying Man U produced Januzaj.

That Catalan was was La Masia bred my fine football lovin' friend but I will say he did begin his pro career at Arsenal.

Just keeping the facts straight.... :wink:

Last edited:
ManU looked like a second division team today. I cheered when Fellani got sent off, I hate him with a passion. The game against Arsenal is gonna be a blow out. I give Moyes until the end of the season to get sacked, he is not right for the team.

Moyes ain't going nowhere newbie.

By that logic Arsenal is truly trash then. Cause if Van Persie was the reason United won the league after being on the team for 1 season, and Arsenal had him as a player for 8 years and couldn't win it , then all of Arsenals players within that space of time must've been nothing but wastemen.

Please go look at RVP's stats. He has had 2 great seasons, that's it. He had a couple solid seasons before that, but he's only been a world class player for the last 2 seasons. The fact of the matter is he IS the reason that United won last year. If he would have stayed at Arsenal they would have competed for the title.

No there was one where Iker made a save & then someone got a rebound, took a shot which Pepe blocked.

Youre probably talking about the little turn Pogba did on his marker to center it and cause chaos in the box then pepe having to scramble and clear it off the line :lol:

Back
Top Bottom