The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Because Valencia's Diego Alves... He had a hell of a game in goal.... Did you see that save with his foot?

Damn tht was a tough loss

This Barca team is not beating Man City psk.

You at least have to be somewhat skeptical.

I would honestly rather play Kagawa in Cleverley's position. I don't care if Kagawa has never played in that position in his life. But surely he'd be better than Tom...

We deserved to lose today. The whole team was out of sync but Busquets was atrocious. I wouldn't be surprised if this loss costs us the league.

Because Valencia's Diego Alves... He had a hell of a game in goal.... Did you see that save with his foot?

Damn tht was a tough loss

This Barca team is not beating Man City psk.

You at least have to be somewhat skeptical.

We'll see won't we? :lol:

You can't take anything away from Valencia though. Newly hired Pizzi is doing a great job 4 games in. I think he's won all his games so far. The Goats might be on their 5th coach in a year & half (something like that) but Pizzi seems to have them on the right track...

Messi turned into Juan Mata.

Juan Mata turned into some average player getting orders from Moyes.

WTF is going on :lol:

That QPR vs Burnley game was livelier than any Prem game I've seen this year (outside of the first Merseyside derby).

Rest of the games I'm looking forward to this weekend... Juve vs Inter, Atleti vs. Real Sociedad, & Bilbao vs. Real Madrid... I think Roma plays to but I can't remember who...

When the season started:

"We're getting closer to signings," he said. "We're moving forward but the deadline is getting closer as well. Hopefully we are. If we don't I'm happy to go with what we've got."- David Moyes

Ferdinand (35)- Legs are finished, should have been a pundit 2-3 years ago.
Vidic (32)- Too old, and is now injury prone.
Evra (32)- Can you remember the last year he actually tracked back to defend?
Rafael (23)

Have a look at this little gem of stats about Rafael:
"Out of 28 league starts in 2012-13 for Rafael, United conceded at least two goals nine times; in the 10 games he didn’t play there were only two in which they conceded twice or more, one of which was the end-of-season 5-5 thriller againstWest Bromwich Albion when United had already secured the title."

I won't even go in on the folks like Buttner, Smalling and them, cause they just aren't up to par, they never have been.

Who was practically begging to come to United? Garay (27)…a player with European experience. Would he be a legend? Who knows, probably not, but hey, anything is better than what we've got right now…..You can't tell me that Garay is the ONLY defender on the market.

So who does Moyes bring in?

"My best position is defensive midfield. During the last few years with David Moyes I played further forward and I scored some important goals, which is why he kept me there and I liked it because I was young and learning."- Fellani

Come on, I think we've all seen Fellaini fumble throughout the centre of the park enough times in a red jersey to know he (1) shouldn't even be at a club like United (2) isn't aware/strong enough to command the centre of the park.

How on EARTH can any manager look at that defensive lineup, and think bringing in Fellaini should be good enough to plug the holes? This guy chased Fabregas all over Spain, and didn't think to pick up ONE defender besides Baines? As if Baines is going to magically cover the two CB's positions as well?!?!?

To make things worse, today, you get more injuries on Utd's back line, and this fool brings in Welbeck, as a sub for Jones cause he doesn't have any other defenders on the bench. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING ALL OF JAN THEN MOYES?!?!?!

smh You folks can say, no worries, one day Moyes will turn it around, but I can't see how if this is his decision making.

Messi turned into Juan Mata.

Juan Mata turned into some average player getting orders from Moyes.

WTF is going on :lol:

English football is not only soul sapping for viewers to watch but you can imagine what it does to players on the pitch...

Last edited:
So is this the same Tom Cleverly that is ten times the player Jack Wilshere is
When Rooney lost the ball in midfield, Cleverly chased back and tried to retrieve it... when he lost out, he slowed down and left his defenders exposed... and in a 3-on-2 situation.  

Stoke didn't score, but that effort was just unacceptable. 
mean.gif

watching that Barca game was damn painful. imagine that defense against the scoring machine of Manchester City?

"I thought we played well but we should have won the game out of sight from the chances that we had."

I put this loss on the defense but starting with Busquets. He was very sloppy with possession today (as was the team in general) & generally enabled Valencia's counter to build it's attack whenever it wanted.

Then you have Pique who personified the complacency of the team. For every step forward, this fool takes 2 back. He made terrible reads, he let the counter run right by him, just awful. He didn't even look like a professional out there. He looked like that out of shape dude on a pick up game Saturdays just dogging it...

I don't have to say anything about Alba. That red card said it all & Masch makes some of the dumbest decisions & awkward challenges that end up hurting him....

All that said, this Barca side has proven to be somewhat resilient so I'm not worried. I feel like we got this loss out of the way before making a run...

Back
Top Bottom