The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Stoke vs Norwich? Who the @#$% in their right mind would waste 2 hours to watch that besides their die hard fans?

The Premier League is GARBAGE in terms of entertainment. Hasn't been fun to watch in YEARS (around the time Ronaldo left) except for the La Liga players that made their way over there

Last edited:
Psk venting his anger about the Barca result on the entire country of England :lol:

Btw La Liga football > Prem although I think the fan culture of the BPL is doper imo. Maybe it has to do with how small and densely populated England is making it easier for fans to travel to away games or just the hooligan DNA :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I'm not mad at Barca's loss. I'm kinda looking at it as them getting a loss out of the way before they mount their run (hopefully). We'll see...

I'll agree with what you said about the fan culture though. I'll definitely give the prem the edge in that area...

& actually AZ, I'd watch that game too. It's why I got the Spanish language channels so I can watch the lower level La Liga teams offered on beIN Espanyol as well as the diversity of football programming offered on those channels outside of Prem games... Shoot Id take watching River Plate or the Boca Jr's over prem games....

Last edited:
I've been critical of the EPL, more critical of the mentality of football with domestic Englishmen. But I've grown to like and watch the Premier league this season. I haven't watched this much Premier League since Ronaldo. That's partially due to it being broadcasted now on NBC. But if you're talking about watching Norwich vs Stoke, I'd rather watch paint dry. But I enjoy watching City, Liverpool, and sometimes Everton the most. So I'll give it up to them for changing my mind

Watching United, Spurs, and sometimes Arsenal & Chelsea makes me sleep and I tune into BeIn Sport to watch what they're playing. I like watching Hazard or Ozil tho. That's why I'll focus on there squads sometimes.

So yea, I've changed my views a bit this year. I used to love waiting Italian football but the Premier League has outranked them in my book this year. The English fans are sort of the best part of the EPL. Every team is always filled to capacity, the atmosphere is electric. (That's because there is nothing to do in the winter in England tho :lol:)

Last edited:
Stoke vs Norwich? Who the @#$% in their right mind would waste 2 hours to watch that besides their die hard fans?

The Premier League is GARBAGE in terms of entertainment. Hasn't been fun to watch in YEARS (around the time Ronaldo left) except for the La Liga players that made their way over there

Just thinking of watching that makes me cringe.

So With Arsenals new signing being injured, they basically did nothing this transfer window right?

Does Arsenal have an incompetent medical staff or something?

I brought this up last season or the season before. I posted an article with Diaby saying that when he hired his own fitness/medical team, he progressed better than compared to when he was using Arsenal's staff. I believe that another player might have been quoted as well. But my feeling for sometime is that they don't do the best job. But...

@bbcsport_david
BfZ-J5NCEAABHZq.jpg:large

Draxler suggests Schalke wouldn’t let him leave AUTHOR Lee Hurley DATE February 1, 2014COMMENTS: Leave a comment Julian Draxler has revealed that it was his club which stopped his transfer going through. After the transfer window closed on Friday evening, the blame game was being played with it being reported that the Arsenal board had been willing to pay for Julian Draxler but Arsene Wenger would not agree the fee. Now today the player himself is being reported as saying that it was Schalke who stopped the deal going through, which would lead you to believe that it was neither Arsenal not Arsene. Draxler allegedly said I want to go and had a good offer to leave. But the Schalke [general] manager Horst Heldt said no to the transfer and would not let me go. These quotes have been reported on Metro [linked above] but it seems as if they have come from an interview with Sky where he ‘suggested’ that Schalke blocked the deal and he wanted to leave. Whether he said the words exactly as reported above, I cannot say.
draxler2.png

The concerning thing in that tweet above is the interest of Bayern Munich, although it would be madness to hope that no other club would try and sign him. Throughout the transfer window Arsenal maintained that it was mostly the press making a big deal of them trying to sign Draxler while Schalke maintained that they had not received any offer for the player. Someone, somewhere, isn’t being entirely truthful.

Read more at: http://ladyarse.co.uk/2014/02/draxl...=gossip&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter | Daily Cannon

Last edited:
:rofl: the heck is going on in here :lol:

Each has it's preferences but I'd say on the whole, la Liga has more flair and technical skill than the EPL but stuff like what happened in the copa del Rey (players not getting wages for 6 months then not wanting to play) this week wouldn't happen in the prem that kinda makes Spain look a lil bush league beyond the upper echelon squads imo.

Lets change the subject, it's getting heated in here :lol:. Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso going at each other about which shoes are better, Nike & Adidas. :lol:

Last edited:
I think from now on Jada, you need to tone the rhetoric down... Today is yet another example of you taking things a little too far. One can have a discussion about sports but you take things a little too far by making things personal. I think I speak for a lot of people in this thread that it would be a lot better off if you stopped trolling people. This is by far the best thread in S&T & it took a L today... Let's keep it on the up & up...

Kudos to the lost bros... See you back soon.

Last edited:
What the hell happened? Did Mod's come up in here deleting a bunch of posts and banning everyone? It wasn't even that serious. I see 10x worse in the NBA thread.

Last edited:
I didn't feel anything that happened in here was deletion or ban worthy, except maybe posting Jada's pic.

Posting for my man Louie... Game winning goal from Thiago from a couple of days ago. Bayern's come from behind win...

Last edited:
Wow they deleted my post and all I said was "settle down boys" nt so soft :smh:

Last edited:
Damn *pours out liquor*
Chuks Aneke is on loan at Crewe for a second season. He scored a brace against Sheffield United
20 years old, a CAM/CM who looked like he was gonna be molded into the Diaby/Yaya Toure type. But I think Crewe will end up buying him. He had a good spell with them last year. During preseason he didn't really play and when he did he was slotted at CB. If Wenger had a plan for him, he would have been loaned to a Championship club and not Crewe for a second time. He was able to secure a first team position and play regularly. His current loan spell is going good, starts regularly. I think it's interesting that he's been playing as a secondary striker/center forward as of late. He certainly has the height, 6' 3" and the shot. he's young and has talent, I think he could make it to a low-mid PL club. I guess we shall see. His goal in the second vid from another match is something special

Here's Frimpong getting sent off on his debut, two yellows in about 5-10 minutes​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom