The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Thoughts:
-Team played awful first half, 5-3-2 flat out did not work.
-Great adjustments made by Sabella at the half, Higuain and Gago injected life into the offense.
-Romero was solid all game until that Bosnia goal, he and Rojo still seem to be the weak links on the squad.

a lot of 5 man backlines in these teams. pretty surprising. even though it plays out to 2 central backs and at using a lot of wing backs for more attack. and using a typical deep midfield as a 3rd in case. noticed this especially in Brasil's game when Gustavo would constantly hang back as Marcelo and the opposite fullback (honestly blanking on the name as I'm typing this.
mean.gif
@ me forgetting right now)

Marca are reporting Barcelona have agreed to terms with Napoli o sign Gonzalo Higuian from Napoli for 40 million euros :wow:

Who's ready for Portugal to win tomorrow? My fellow portchops I have been feeling like they are going to win tomorrow for some odd reason. I don't see them losing tomorrow, I just have this belief. Portugal 2-1 or 3-2. I'll say my prayers now and go to bed

Marca are reporting Barcelona have agreed to terms with Napoli o sign Gonzalo Higuian from Napoli for 40 million euros :wow:
I know they need a striker, but Higuain is buns. He ain't built for that tiki taka either

Higuain is far from buns famb

You're right, he is booty.

But seriously I remember watching him with Real and I was never impressed with him. He's a good striker for Napoli but not a team like Barca

Who's ready for Portugal to win tomorrow? My fellow portchops I have been feeling like they are going to win tomorrow for some odd reason. I don't see them losing tomorrow, I just have this belief. Portugal 2-1 or 3-2. I'll say my prayers now and go to bed

We are due. Losing the last three to germany and especially playing so well against them in the euros, i have a sneaky feeling its our time. from what ive been reading, carvalho is going to start ahead of veloso. drank a bottle of sagres and hope i can fall asleep soon. Too much nerves,excitement and anxiousness.

Called the Ibisevic tally in a losing effort.

Can't hail Ricardo Rodriguez's impact enough down the left-hand side for the Swiss.

Like how active Matuidi was in the attacking third for France. Very lively play, just need more clinical finishing.

I know they need a striker, but Higuain is buns. He ain't built for that tiki taka either
The disrespect for Pipita. Didn't love him at RM, but Pipa is still a quality striker.

I wouldn't pay attention to any rumors right now...they're all click bait and ways to sell papers since no one is reading articles about anything besides WC...

I mean look at this one... "Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United this summer"- (Telegraph)

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay attention to any rumors right now...they're all click bait and ways to sell papers since no one is reading articles about anything besides WC...

I mean look at this one... "Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United this summer"- (Telegraph)
Very interested to see how Belgium handles Algeria. Nerves, bright lights, pressure as the world's darling as dark horse. Sofiane Feghouli is Algeria's best player and Faouzi Ghoulam could have played for France.

We are due. Losing the last three to germany and especially playing so well against them in the euros, i have a sneaky feeling its our time. from what ive been reading, carvalho is going to start ahead of veloso. drank a bottle of sagres and hope i can fall asleep soon. Too much nerves,excitement and anxiousness.

We are indeed due.

But it's just such always such a frustrating matchup against Germany. I'm hoping for a tie, praying for a win.

marca and Mirrors are not really credible sources. They like making up stories and tabloids. That's how they get the football fans attention

Plus I wouldn't like us signing a striker for that much when it's clearly that the biggest holes are in defense

Last edited:

Higuain is far from buns famb

You're right, he is booty.

But seriously I remember watching him with Real and I was never impressed with him. He's a good striker for Napoli but not a team like Barca

No. He's the perfect striker for Barca.

That team revolves around Messi. Barca need a striker. And Higuain is the only striker outside of David Villa who has ever played well with Messi. Barca got rid of every good striker they had because of not fitting with Messi and tiki taka

Japanese fans...cleaning up when leaving their seats...

When I went to JPN, I noticed that they really try hard to keep their cities clean. I remember an old man chasing down a tissue that fell out of his pocket.

They have by far the cleanest public rest rooms I've ever been in... It actually brought a tear to my eye... :smokin

marca and Mirrors are not really credible sources. They like making up stories and tabloids. That's how they get the football fans attention
You're preaching to the choir. We just entertain the transfer rumors.Even the non credible sources.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom