The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by trunks206

http://hastorresscoredforchelsea.com/  
brutal...
laugh.gif

So we're on our way to 4 more El Classico's in a 2-week span beginning April 17. After the league match, Real meet Barca in the Copa Del Rey finals on the 20th followed by the two-legged CL semi-finals (aka the Champions League finals) April 26/27 and May 3/4.

The league has likely been decided already but the 3 fixtures after April 17 will obviously be massive.

Like several others here, I think the CL has become boring in recent years. We have 2 super powers both from Spain followed by a bunch of 'good' English, Italian, German teams, etc. You look around Europe and there arent too many excellent teams at the moment which kind of takes away from this competition. It's a shame that Barca have to meet Real in the semis...we all know that Barca/Real will probably smoke Schalke/Chelsea/Utd.

So we're on our way to 4 more El Classico's in a 2-week span beginning April 17. After the league match, Real meet Barca in the Copa Del Rey finals on the 20th followed by the two-legged CL semi-finals (aka the Champions League finals) April 26/27 and May 3/4.

The league has likely been decided already but the 3 fixtures after April 17 will obviously be massive.

Like several others here, I think the CL has become boring in recent years. We have 2 super powers both from Spain followed by a bunch of 'good' English, Italian, German teams, etc. You look around Europe and there arent too many excellent teams at the moment which kind of takes away from this competition. It's a shame that Barca have to meet Real in the semis...we all know that Barca/Real will probably smoke Schalke/Chelsea/Utd.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wouldn't say that...
...I mean, last year was Inter/Bayern, the year before was the uber-hyped Man U/Barca (preceded by one of the best CL semi matches ever with Chelsea/Barca), and the year before that it literally came down to the wire in PKs with ManU/Chelsea.

As a fan, I've been satisfied with the semis and finals these past couple of years...

...I think a Barca/Real vs Schalke/Chelsea/Utd will prove to be a competitive match - I don't see either Spanish side easily taking a victory.

Back
Top Bottom