The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

roll.gif
@ the thought of Barca selling Thiago. Move along now, Fergie. 
for 10 mil no less......
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Arsenal use to have nice kits when they said JVC or 02 (oxygen). The Fly Emirates logo has killed all the arsenal gear for me. It just doesnt look cool imo.
Dreamcast one is the best
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Arsenal use to have nice kits when they said JVC or 02 (oxygen). The Fly Emirates logo has killed all the arsenal gear for me. It just doesnt look cool imo.
Dreamcast one is the best
pimp.gif

What do you Arsenal fans think of this Nasri saga? Is it just the English press over blowing the fact that he simply wants a pay raise if Cesc is going to leave? Or do you guys think he really will go? I just can't see Wenger selling both. I know his contract situation but still, isn't he supposed to be really close with Wenger as well?

As a Utd supporter, I'd love to see him at OT but I just don't see Wenger doing business with Fergie, no matter what the circumstance is. If Samir really wants out shouldn't he just move on to another team in Europe (Bayern, Inter?) Why would Wenger want to help out Utd unless Nasri can really force the move. Can a player really have that much power (A$hley Cole)

What do you Arsenal fans think of this Nasri saga? Is it just the English press over blowing the fact that he simply wants a pay raise if Cesc is going to leave? Or do you guys think he really will go? I just can't see Wenger selling both. I know his contract situation but still, isn't he supposed to be really close with Wenger as well?

As a Utd supporter, I'd love to see him at OT but I just don't see Wenger doing business with Fergie, no matter what the circumstance is. If Samir really wants out shouldn't he just move on to another team in Europe (Bayern, Inter?) Why would Wenger want to help out Utd unless Nasri can really force the move. Can a player really have that much power (A$hley Cole)

^^Saw that when I checked my phone on lunch break today. This guy was saying earlier in the week the deal would be finalized on Thursday (35 mil pounds)

Modric gonna be
sick.gif
Can't wait to see him hopefully on the America tour if this is true.

If this happens it'll be interesting what happens with Bale. Read a bunch of reports earlier this week that if Modric was sold he would hand in a transfer request. That would be a crazy development. Just speculating but if Modric indeed is 35 mil pounds, City & Chelsea have offered 37 for Sanchez, Santos wants 45 for Neymar who's never proved himself in Europe. At least between 50-60 for Bale, no?

^^Saw that when I checked my phone on lunch break today. This guy was saying earlier in the week the deal would be finalized on Thursday (35 mil pounds)

Modric gonna be
sick.gif
Can't wait to see him hopefully on the America tour if this is true.

If this happens it'll be interesting what happens with Bale. Read a bunch of reports earlier this week that if Modric was sold he would hand in a transfer request. That would be a crazy development. Just speculating but if Modric indeed is 35 mil pounds, City & Chelsea have offered 37 for Sanchez, Santos wants 45 for Neymar who's never proved himself in Europe. At least between 50-60 for Bale, no?

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Wenger and Co would be idiotic to sell Cesc or Nasri so selling them in the same window is unimaginable.

As for the Nasri situation, I believe the media like always is just blowing things out of proportion. Nasri himself expressed this via his twitter telling his fans not to believe all the stuff the media was reporting. Football is a business and Nasri is just trying to get a raise since his stock is the highest its ever been due to the notoriety he got at the start of the season. We all know the board at Arsenal dont like to overpay top players just to keep them at the club (yet they pay clowns like Denilson and Almunia ~£50,000 a week). As you pointed out with Ashley Cole, a world class LB, he wanted just an extra £5000 a week/£260,000 per year and the club said "no" and we've had issues a LB every since (Chlichy and Gibbs). That's what scares me about Nasri, I know he wants a raise but I hope they dont make the same mistake again. Whether he is worth it or not (IMO if you want world class player wages you better play world class each week all year not just at the start of the season) wages wount be an issue if we offloaded the clown on this squad and their ridiculous wages to someone who contributes more to the team. 

Also the whole Nasri going to United thing was just brought up by a reporter during an interview and he (with coaching from his agent Im sure) said he would see and that he wouldn't rule out a move. IMO this was just a bargaining tactic to get his raise, plus we all know that Wenger wouldn't sell Nasri directly to United. The fans calling for his head would only get louder.

I believe the only reason that Cesc is involved in the Nasri situation is that he wants to get paid closer to what he makes (not what he makes). I dont think it has anything to do with him wanting more money if Cesc leaves, since they have been in contract negotiations throughout this past season and Wenger's stance on keeping Cesc hasn't changes throughout.   

Finally I will say this, I'm not sure all other Arsenal fans feel the same way, but this next season could be make or break for the Wenger and the club as a whole for period of time. Chelsea only going to get younger and stronger, United made it to the CL final and won the league last year are clearing out and getting stronger, Man City are a good creative midfielder away from being real contenders, Liverpool and spending like mad to get into the top 4, and Tottenham are crap but they want to get back into the CL now that they have a taste of it.  If we dont take this summer transfer window seriously we could drop out of the top 4, lose some of top players (like Cesc and others who are sick of not wining) and have an even more difficult time attracting top players here. /rant

Sorry for the long read but I hope helped answer your question as to what the situation looks like to a Gooner.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Wenger and Co would be idiotic to sell Cesc or Nasri so selling them in the same window is unimaginable.

As for the Nasri situation, I believe the media like always is just blowing things out of proportion. Nasri himself expressed this via his twitter telling his fans not to believe all the stuff the media was reporting. Football is a business and Nasri is just trying to get a raise since his stock is the highest its ever been due to the notoriety he got at the start of the season. We all know the board at Arsenal dont like to overpay top players just to keep them at the club (yet they pay clowns like Denilson and Almunia ~£50,000 a week). As you pointed out with Ashley Cole, a world class LB, he wanted just an extra £5000 a week/£260,000 per year and the club said "no" and we've had issues a LB every since (Chlichy and Gibbs). That's what scares me about Nasri, I know he wants a raise but I hope they dont make the same mistake again. Whether he is worth it or not (IMO if you want world class player wages you better play world class each week all year not just at the start of the season) wages wount be an issue if we offloaded the clown on this squad and their ridiculous wages to someone who contributes more to the team. 

Also the whole Nasri going to United thing was just brought up by a reporter during an interview and he (with coaching from his agent Im sure) said he would see and that he wouldn't rule out a move. IMO this was just a bargaining tactic to get his raise, plus we all know that Wenger wouldn't sell Nasri directly to United. The fans calling for his head would only get louder.

I believe the only reason that Cesc is involved in the Nasri situation is that he wants to get paid closer to what he makes (not what he makes). I dont think it has anything to do with him wanting more money if Cesc leaves, since they have been in contract negotiations throughout this past season and Wenger's stance on keeping Cesc hasn't changes throughout.   

Finally I will say this, I'm not sure all other Arsenal fans feel the same way, but this next season could be make or break for the Wenger and the club as a whole for period of time. Chelsea only going to get younger and stronger, United made it to the CL final and won the league last year are clearing out and getting stronger, Man City are a good creative midfielder away from being real contenders, Liverpool and spending like mad to get into the top 4, and Tottenham are crap but they want to get back into the CL now that they have a taste of it.  If we dont take this summer transfer window seriously we could drop out of the top 4, lose some of top players (like Cesc and others who are sick of not wining) and have an even more difficult time attracting top players here. /rant

Sorry for the long read but I hope helped answer your question as to what the situation looks like to a Gooner.
laugh.gif

Amen
laugh.gif

Good to hear things from the other side
laugh.gif

It seems as if Cesc's departure is inevitable though. I listened to a radio interview with Guillem Balague and he said that Wenger is resigned to losing Cesc. He said Arsenal is waiting for an improved bid on 35 million pounds.

IMO this is similar to the Ronaldo situation to RM. I know Cesc roots are in Barca and all but Ronny had openly said the year prior to the one he was sold that he wanted to play in the Bernabeu, it was always his child hood dream to wear the white shirt etc. but in the end Fergie talked him into staying the next year, not say a word in season, play for the team etc, which happened. IMO Fergie probably told him something along the lines of just stay one more year and we'll make it happen next summer, and Ronny had enough respect and loyalty to Fergie & the team to play hard that year (made it to the CL final). I think this is basically what happened with Cesc last summer. So much went on and Wenger saw that really all he could do was delay the inevitable and Cesc has enough respect and loyalty to Wenger and the club as well. Balague said that he heard from personal friends of Cesc that he would consider not showing up when the squad it set to rejoin in early July so it should be interesting to see what happens over the next week or if this is going to drag out up until the end of the window.
There's rumors as well that Utd could afford both Nasri AND Modric because they would make combined just over what Sneijder was asking, 200,000 a week. I don't see Wenger selling Nasri but that would be
sick.gif
 if true.

Amen
laugh.gif

Good to hear things from the other side
laugh.gif

It seems as if Cesc's departure is inevitable though. I listened to a radio interview with Guillem Balague and he said that Wenger is resigned to losing Cesc. He said Arsenal is waiting for an improved bid on 35 million pounds.

IMO this is similar to the Ronaldo situation to RM. I know Cesc roots are in Barca and all but Ronny had openly said the year prior to the one he was sold that he wanted to play in the Bernabeu, it was always his child hood dream to wear the white shirt etc. but in the end Fergie talked him into staying the next year, not say a word in season, play for the team etc, which happened. IMO Fergie probably told him something along the lines of just stay one more year and we'll make it happen next summer, and Ronny had enough respect and loyalty to Fergie & the team to play hard that year (made it to the CL final). I think this is basically what happened with Cesc last summer. So much went on and Wenger saw that really all he could do was delay the inevitable and Cesc has enough respect and loyalty to Wenger and the club as well. Balague said that he heard from personal friends of Cesc that he would consider not showing up when the squad it set to rejoin in early July so it should be interesting to see what happens over the next week or if this is going to drag out up until the end of the window.
There's rumors as well that Utd could afford both Nasri AND Modric because they would make combined just over what Sneijder was asking, 200,000 a week. I don't see Wenger selling Nasri but that would be
sick.gif
 if true.

^ While there are some similarities between the CR situation at United and Cesc here at Arsenal, there are some striking differences...namely those %!%+!@$ at Barcelona valuing Cesc at 30m-35m
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Barca came knocking and said they'd pay 70m for Cesc, Wenger and the Board would personally row him to Spain.

Barca think they dont need to pay a world class price for a world class player since "Cesc has Barca DNA."
eyes.gif
Until they come out with a real offer, Cesc is under contract until 2015 so he doesn't really have a choice but to suit up...if he wants to force a request,I hope we sell his $!@ to Madrid for 70m to piss him and Barca off.

Having said all this, Cesc loves this club and Wenger so I dont see him forcing anything. He knows he'll play there one day and right now he wouldn't even start, so until the position opens up hopefully he leads us to trophies at the Emirates.    

^ While there are some similarities between the CR situation at United and Cesc here at Arsenal, there are some striking differences...namely those %!%+!@$ at Barcelona valuing Cesc at 30m-35m
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Barca came knocking and said they'd pay 70m for Cesc, Wenger and the Board would personally row him to Spain.

Barca think they dont need to pay a world class price for a world class player since "Cesc has Barca DNA."
eyes.gif
Until they come out with a real offer, Cesc is under contract until 2015 so he doesn't really have a choice but to suit up...if he wants to force a request,I hope we sell his $!@ to Madrid for 70m to piss him and Barca off.

Having said all this, Cesc loves this club and Wenger so I dont see him forcing anything. He knows he'll play there one day and right now he wouldn't even start, so until the position opens up hopefully he leads us to trophies at the Emirates.    

ESPN 3 FTW
pimp.gif

Been watching U17 matches all week so far, Brazil team is very talented 
pimp.gif
  but my god, dude from Ivory...
eek.gif

1461965_FULL-LND.jpg

ESPN 3 FTW
pimp.gif

Been watching U17 matches all week so far, Brazil team is very talented 
pimp.gif
  but my god, dude from Ivory...