The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This goal was
pimp.gif

Sportscenter's top play of the weekend
pimp.gif
If only we could win a !##*#%% game
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

roll.gif
Mexico with a cruel 1-0 lead; they look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Leads gone....I wasnt aware that Mexico had to play it's "C' team for the Copa America.......heaping pile of *%@**%$$.

roll.gif
Mexico with a cruel 1-0 lead; they look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Leads gone....I wasnt aware that Mexico had to play it's "C' team for the Copa America.......heaping pile of *%@**%$$.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

roll.gif

Yeah, Gio wishes he would've went to the beach instead. This ain't gonna raise his value.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

roll.gif

Yeah, Gio wishes he would've went to the beach instead. This ain't gonna raise his value.

chile looks like one of  strongest team even thou that was mexicos "B" team but dammm they completely schooled them it could of been 4 -1 easily ,

chile looks like one of  strongest team even thou that was mexicos "B" team but dammm they completely schooled them it could of been 4 -1 easily ,

Originally Posted by zapatito007

I don't think you can call that a B team, I mean 4 starters suspended off a mainly  U-22  roster
sick.gif

Originally Posted by zapatito007

I don't think you can call that a B team, I mean 4 starters suspended off a mainly  U-22  roster
sick.gif

Real Madrid has completed the signing of Fabio Coentrão from Benfica for 30 million euros. The Portuguese left-back becomes the 5th signing of Real Madrid this off-season. The player had been on Jose Mourinho’s shortlist as early as last season after the player’s successful 2010 World Cup and consistent club form. Coentrão wasn’t just a defender for Benfica, he was an offensive outlet; a player that would push forward on a consistent basis to provide width and help break down opposing defense using his pace. I imagine the interest of Chelsea following the appointment of Andres Villas-Boas along with the long term petition of Jose Mourinho accelerated Florentino Perez to get the signing done as soon as possible.

I'm torn by this signing. On one hand, Real Madrid signs a good player: a player that can provide quality width from left full back that also has chemistry with Cristiano Ronaldo as seen on the Portuguese national team. On the other, Real Madrid just agreed to pay €30m for a left wing back... one that may not even start on paper due to the brilliant season Marcelo just had. The Brazilian is coming off his best season yet, one that earned him a spot on UEFAs starting XI. It wasn’t just quality, it was consistency and durability. After all, Marcelo played 4436 minutes last season in 3 competitions… that’s 4th most on the team behind the likes of Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso. Therefore, it was obvious that a left-back was needed to take pressure off the Brazilian from playing every fixture. Coentrão will provide this without missing a beat in quality but does it warrant the price tag?  You don't pay €30m for a substitute do you? Or is this amplified call to arms between Real Madrid and Barcelona changing that rule? The signing of Coentrão and the eventual Barcelona signing of Cesc Fàbregas may prove this so. – RV

Real Madrid has completed the signing of Fabio Coentrão from Benfica for 30 million euros. The Portuguese left-back becomes the 5th signing of Real Madrid this off-season. The player had been on Jose Mourinho’s shortlist as early as last season after the player’s successful 2010 World Cup and consistent club form. Coentrão wasn’t just a defender for Benfica, he was an offensive outlet; a player that would push forward on a consistent basis to provide width and help break down opposing defense using his pace. I imagine the interest of Chelsea following the appointment of Andres Villas-Boas along with the long term petition of Jose Mourinho accelerated Florentino Perez to get the signing done as soon as possible.

I'm torn by this signing. On one hand, Real Madrid signs a good player: a player that can provide quality width from left full back that also has chemistry with Cristiano Ronaldo as seen on the Portuguese national team. On the other, Real Madrid just agreed to pay €30m for a left wing back... one that may not even start on paper due to the brilliant season Marcelo just had. The Brazilian is coming off his best season yet, one that earned him a spot on UEFAs starting XI. It wasn’t just quality, it was consistency and durability. After all, Marcelo played 4436 minutes last season in 3 competitions… that’s 4th most on the team behind the likes of Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso. Therefore, it was obvious that a left-back was needed to take pressure off the Brazilian from playing every fixture. Coentrão will provide this without missing a beat in quality but does it warrant the price tag?  You don't pay €30m for a substitute do you? Or is this amplified call to arms between Real Madrid and Barcelona changing that rule? The signing of Coentrão and the eventual Barcelona signing of Cesc Fàbregas may prove this so. – RV

Back
Top Bottom