The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

And I was talking to my boy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and men is SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've been playing soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitely been nutmegged by girls a few times.
in some respects the womens game is better from what i've seen so far in the world cup - i mean less diving, whining, arguing with ref etc. the spirit of the game is better. i was surprised how hard these girls were playing, i mean i was watching the usa play the other day and both teams were going hard into the tackle - not giving up anything. and fair play to both teams, they wouldn't make anything of it and just get up and continue playing.

This goal was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to myboy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and menis SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've beenplaying soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitelybeen nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
You got a response or just a gigantic stone face? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to myboy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and menis SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've beenplaying soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitelybeen nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
You got a response or just a gigantic stone face? 
grin.gif

Saw this on tumblr, what do ya think?
Watching the Brazil vs Venezuela match.

I can honestly say if Real Madrid pay 40 million for Neymar then they have officially lost their mind. Sure I saw some flashes of brilliance from the 19 year old but definitely not enough to justify paying 40 million for the kid.Consider this Madrid payed around 15 million for Mesut Ozil and Neymar’s standard of play doesn’t even come close to that of Ozil. I really don’t want them to make the same mistake like they did with Robinho. The kid is just not ready. For 40 million I want a finished article like Fabregas or Aguero.

Please Madrid use the money and go buy Coentrao

I can honestly say if Real Madrid pay 40 million for Neymar then they have officially lost their mind. Sure I saw some flashes of brilliance from the 19 year old but definitely not enough to justify paying 40 million for the kid.Consider this Madrid payed around 15 million for Mesut Ozil and Neymar’s standard of play doesn’t even come close to that of Ozil. I really don’t want them to make the same mistake like they did with Robinho. The kid is just not ready. For 40 million I want a finished article like Fabregas or Aguero.

They're still gonna buy Coentrao regardless. That post is taking one game a little too seriously. What was his take during the season? Was that his first time watching Neymar? He said it himself, 19 and flashes of brilliance.

Chelsea paid 20m for Ramires who didn't look worthy of that money today, but these are investments. Ramires was terrific late in the season.

If Neymar is bought for 40m, that money is recouped easily through jersey sales. I could care less what they spend, just sign him. I'd rather have Kun but that's a tough buy.

They're still gonna buy Coentrao regardless. That post is taking one game a little too seriously. What was his take during the season? Was that his first time watching Neymar? He said it himself, 19 and flashes of brilliance.

Chelsea paid 20m for Ramires who didn't look worthy of that money today, but these are investments. Ramires was terrific late in the season.

If Neymar is bought for 40m, that money is recouped easily through jersey sales. I could care less what they spend, just sign him. I'd rather have Kun but that's a tough buy.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Based on one game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It doesnt matter how much Neymar costs, who else could Real sign?

Messi? Are Barca gonna sell him to Madrid?
Aguero? Are Atletico gonna sell him to Madrid?
Fabregas? Does Fabregas want to go to Madrid?

Look around the current footballing landscape. There arent too many star players available to buy. Neymar is probably the best player available right now and I'd much rather spend that much money on him than a guy like Alexis Sanchez
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Based on one game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It doesnt matter how much Neymar costs, who else could Real sign?

Messi? Are Barca gonna sell him to Madrid?
Aguero? Are Atletico gonna sell him to Madrid?
Fabregas? Does Fabregas want to go to Madrid?

Look around the current footballing landscape. There arent too many star players available to buy. Neymar is probably the best player available right now and I'd much rather spend that much money on him than a guy like Alexis Sanchez
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

sick.gif

yup 
30t6p3b.gif
 even after the defensive debacles Barca faced without Puyol/Abidal in the lineup, we continue to go after Sanchez for a ridiculous price instead of buying more defenders 
mad.gif

And about Neymar's price...this last year has @#$@$@ with the prices of players so damn much that any player who is above average is going for 35 mil+ now, whereas even until last year you could get potential stars for cheap, like Ozil

If Barca wants Fabregas, we will need to drop at least 50 mil in this current market (which would also be foolish).

sick.gif

yup 
30t6p3b.gif
 even after the defensive debacles Barca faced without Puyol/Abidal in the lineup, we continue to go after Sanchez for a ridiculous price instead of buying more defenders 
mad.gif

And about Neymar's price...this last year has @#$@$@ with the prices of players so damn much that any player who is above average is going for 35 mil+ now, whereas even until last year you could get potential stars for cheap, like Ozil

If Barca wants Fabregas, we will need to drop at least 50 mil in this current market (which would also be foolish).

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

sick.gif
yup 
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Well, Ozil went for "cheap" (still a hefty price) because he had only 1 year left on his contract and if he wasnt sold he would've just walked away from Bremen for free this summer.

Neymar signed a long term extension last year and so his price tag is much higher. The same goes with Aguero and Fabregas who are both under contract for like 4 more years each. Clubs feel no pressure to sell and so they raise their asking prices on players they know will not leave them unless the club's asking price is met.

I think the most prominent example of an inflated transfer fee over the last year was the 50m spent by Chelsea on Torres. We all know Torres is a great player and players exchanged between English clubs generally go for more but IMO its hard to justify that amount considering Torres' injury woes over the last 2-3 seasons and the fact that he struggled since the WC (due to his knee surgery). Torres will probably end up coming good for Chelsea and people will probably forget about the money later on but these types of fees are what drive up the transfer market IMO.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

sick.gif
yup 
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Well, Ozil went for "cheap" (still a hefty price) because he had only 1 year left on his contract and if he wasnt sold he would've just walked away from Bremen for free this summer.

Neymar signed a long term extension last year and so his price tag is much higher. The same goes with Aguero and Fabregas who are both under contract for like 4 more years each. Clubs feel no pressure to sell and so they raise their asking prices on players they know will not leave them unless the club's asking price is met.

I think the most prominent example of an inflated transfer fee over the last year was the 50m spent by Chelsea on Torres. We all know Torres is a great player and players exchanged between English clubs generally go for more but IMO its hard to justify that amount considering Torres' injury woes over the last 2-3 seasons and the fact that he struggled since the WC (due to his knee surgery). Torres will probably end up coming good for Chelsea and people will probably forget about the money later on but these types of fees are what drive up the transfer market IMO.

Random Thoughts Vol. 1

Coentrao is in Madrid according to A Bola.

As far as Neymar, that tumblr comment is a bit ridiculous because the player is being judged off one game. Ozil was a completely different sitaution. One bargain doesn't dictate the market. For example, one of the best pieces of business was Barcelona's purchase of Gerard Pique. Will that dictate the price of dudes like Mat Hummels, Mamadou Sakho, Jan Vertonghen, etc? No.

Neymar's potential is greater than Robinho's was when he was at Santos. 19, Raw, unpolished but the potential is there to be a top 5 player.

The market is inflated, period. There will always be bargains / revelations here and there but 20m isn't what it once was. These prices will become more common as teams like PSG and Malaga begin to flex financially.

Malaga are moving for either Santi Cazorla or Pastore. Either would be an incredible buy. I've said it early, Malaga are gonna be real folks.

I personally consider 35m euro for a player like Cesc to be "fair" if I'm the buyer.

Gael Clichy has fallen off in recent seasons. The price though, 7m GBP is a relatively fair one. You add competition to the Left full back position. Maybe, this lights a fire under Kolarov to get going. I don't think he's (Clichy) top caliber but not a bad fee for depth purposes. This move is 70% money but also partly ambition. It's not just the inconsistent bozos that are indifferent about current Arsenal (Bendtner, Denilson) but regular first teamers (Clichy, Cesc, Nasri) were/are voicing their frustration and uncertainty in different ways.

Random Thoughts Vol. 1

Coentrao is in Madrid according to A Bola.

As far as Neymar, that tumblr comment is a bit ridiculous because the player is being judged off one game. Ozil was a completely different sitaution. One bargain doesn't dictate the market. For example, one of the best pieces of business was Barcelona's purchase of Gerard Pique. Will that dictate the price of dudes like Mat Hummels, Mamadou Sakho, Jan Vertonghen, etc? No.

Neymar's potential is greater than Robinho's was when he was at Santos. 19, Raw, unpolished but the potential is there to be a top 5 player.

The market is inflated, period. There will always be bargains / revelations here and there but 20m isn't what it once was. These prices will become more common as teams like PSG and Malaga begin to flex financially.

Malaga are moving for either Santi Cazorla or Pastore. Either would be an incredible buy. I've said it early, Malaga are gonna be real folks.

I personally consider 35m euro for a player like Cesc to be "fair" if I'm the buyer.

Gael Clichy has fallen off in recent seasons. The price though, 7m GBP is a relatively fair one. You add competition to the Left full back position. Maybe, this lights a fire under Kolarov to get going. I don't think he's (Clichy) top caliber but not a bad fee for depth purposes. This move is 70% money but also partly ambition. It's not just the inconsistent bozos that are indifferent about current Arsenal (Bendtner, Denilson) but regular first teamers (Clichy, Cesc, Nasri) were/are voicing their frustration and uncertainty in different ways.

jw what made malaga decide to start adding talent? i randomly did a season in fifa with my created player on malaga and won la liga on legendary so i have some interest in the team
laugh.gif

jw what made malaga decide to start adding talent? i randomly did a season in fifa with my created player on malaga and won la liga on legendary so i have some interest in the team
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom