The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

If you're a Messi fan, you better hope he doesn't care when playing for Argentina at the moment. Because if he does care and he's giving everything he has, then that is a true problem.

^ Aye
pimp.gif
Unsung heroes.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

If you're a Messi fan, you better hope he doesn't care when playing for Argentina at the moment. Because if he does care and he's giving everything he has, then that is a true problem.
indifferent.gif
You serious? We're just not going to give credit to the defense, or any of the blame to his manager/teammates?

Why is everyone acting like he was a scrub out there? He was one of Argentina's best players on the pitch yesterday, but they played horribly as a team and thus everyone looked bad. It's easy to blame Messi because he's the best in the world and because people have questioned his past performance for Argentina. He wasn't a main reason they lost, though obviously he could've played better.

And not scoring goals does not mean he isn't influential on the pitch. We can all agree Barcelona's midfield is leagues better than Argentina's, and the latter is sorely lacking in playmaking and distribution prowess. Messi is just dropping deeper in the middle third to make up for the difference, link up play, and key the attack since no one else is doing it. Basically playing the number 10 role, instead of the false 9. If one or two of those through balls he served up was put away, would everyone be going at him right now?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

indifferent.gif
You serious? We're just not going to give credit to the defense, or any of the blame to his manager/teammates?

Why is everyone acting like he was a scrub out there? He was one of Argentina's best players on the pitch yesterday, but they played horribly as a team and thus everyone looked bad. It's easy to blame Messi because he's the best in the world and because people have questioned his past performance for Argentina. He wasn't a main reason they lost, though obviously he could've played better.

And not scoring goals does not mean he isn't influential on the pitch. We can all agree Barcelona's midfield is leagues better than Argentina's, and the latter is sorely lacking in playmaking and distribution prowess. Messi is just dropping deeper in the middle third to make up for the difference, link up play, and key the attack since no one else is doing it. Basically playing the number 10 role, instead of the false 9. If one or two of those through balls he served up was put away, would everyone be going at him right now?

Who would have thought Falcao would have a better game than Messi.
I like the Henderson and Adam moves for Liverpool. 

Who would have thought Falcao would have a better game than Messi.
I like the Henderson and Adam moves for Liverpool. 

Exciting game for sure.

Gomez was leaking blood out his head and still came back on to get the bicycle-kick game winner.

Props to Mexico

Exciting game for sure.

Gomez was leaking blood out his head and still came back on to get the bicycle-kick game winner.

Props to Mexico

I watched this on my phone at work and everyone was going crazy... I hope was speechless at that gol olympico and then my jaw drop when gomez scored that goal with the bicycle kick... We got this Sunday going for that world cup..

I watched this on my phone at work and everyone was going crazy... I hope was speechless at that gol olympico and then my jaw drop when gomez scored that goal with the bicycle kick... We got this Sunday going for that world cup..

I went crazy after that gol olympico then just lost it when Gomez scored that bicycle kick 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I went crazy after that gol olympico then just lost it when Gomez scored that bicycle kick 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom