The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

he's tied with Zidane and Ronaldo but Messi's the only one that has won it three in a row...
Actually as far as Balon d' Or's go, he's tied with Van Basten, Platini, and Cruyff, whom also won it three times in a row. Zidane only won it once, and Ronaldo won it twice. The new award is just the Balon d' Or presented by FIFA instead of France Football, they basically did away with the other award, but kept the name.  
that last part got me confused a little bit 
laugh.gif
but you're absolutely right...thanks for pointing it out...

no transfer news from me but has anyone heard that Cantona's running for President?
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Apparently Kalou is having talks with Arsenal

It would be nice to see him getting more first team action....I've always liked watching him play...

he's tied with Zidane and Ronaldo but Messi's the only one that has won it three in a row...
Actually as far as Balon d' Or's go, he's tied with Van Basten, Platini, and Cruyff, whom also won it three times in a row. Zidane only won it once, and Ronaldo won it twice. The new award is just the Balon d' Or presented by FIFA instead of France Football, they basically did away with the other award, but kept the name.  
laugh.gif

no transfer news from me but has anyone heard that Cantona's running for President?
eek.gif

pimp.gif
Actually, Platini and Messi are actually the only players to win it three times in a row.
And that Cantona story is just a PR Stunt. 

Seeing some of the Malaga-Madrid tie now, Madrid played quite conservatively (as Mou tends to do in these situations), and it could have cost them.

indifferent.gif
 @ the Malaga GK. Oh well, another clasico on the cards for mid-January. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

and Henry's goal...from the first touch to the finish - typical Henry...
scoring the winner after coming on as a sub - now that's how you mark your return...

I'm confused, I was under the impression that the new award just merged the FIFA World Player of the Year Award with the Balon d'Or right?

So Zidane, Ronaldo, and Messi all have three "player of the year awards," while Platini, Cruyff, van Basten and Messi all have three Balon d'Ors but only Platini and Messi have ever won three years running regardless of incarnation.

Basically, it's just the Balon d' Or now by itself, they did away with the World Player of the Year award. FIFA's old World Player of the Year award was their version of the Balon d'Or, and it had some validity considering the old restrictions on the Balon d' Or. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif
Actually, Platini and Messi are actually the only players to win it three times in a row.
And that Cantona story is just a PR Stunt. 

Seeing some of the Malaga-Madrid tie now, Madrid played quite conservatively (as Mou tends to do in these situations), and it could have cost them.

indifferent.gif
 @ the Malaga GK. Oh well, another clasico on the cards for mid-January. 
pimp.gif

You are completely correct, I forgot it was Platini who won it 3 in a row. Cruyff won it 3 times in 4 years.

ok,now i'm lost...not gonna keep track of that anymore
laugh.gif

anyway,Carling Cup second semifinal(1st leg) today - Man City vs Liverpool...
if it was up to me,i'd rather see Pool in the final...they have a better chance of losing it than City...
grin.gif

tottenham vs everton

hopefully friedel comes out in a clearance and bodies donovan..

Barcelona full-back Maxwell should join PSG tomorrow
Gael Kakuta has joined Dijon on loan
QPR being linked with everyone

Newcastle are ready to offer £35m Liverpool flop Andy Carroll a sensational exit from his Anfield nightmare. (Mail)

Verdict: Geordie striker could return home for only £20m. A canny bit of business for Toon if it comes off.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Celtic's 22-year-old midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung could be brought in to help ease United's midfield crisis. (Footybunker)

Verdict: Acquiring 2011's South Korean player of the year would seem to be a better option than creaky old Paul Scholes.

screenshot20120111at213.png

pimp.gif
. If we survive our next run of games.. there's no reason why we can't challenge for the title. 

Inter interersted in Marcus Marin as a replacement for Zarate or Wesley Sneijder.
No comeback for Ze Roberto in Hamburg.
Guti in talks with Real Zaragoza.
Soriano from Barca to Benfica.
Alexander Merkel (on loan at Genoa but under contract at Milan) in switch for Tevez.
Milan wants Tevez first on loan and would by him if the could sell Pato (????) or Robinho.(Too much bunga bunga Silvio ???)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

is Nasri riding in that Panemera?
That ride looks clean. 

And those Liverpool fans can say all they want, but City is still at the top of the league (not for long though, we, United will return to glory) contending for the title...

It was leg 1, in which City can come back and win...

And that dude Nasri is under 30 seeing bigger paychecks then those fans will probably ever dream of making

But yea...he's the one who made the wrong decision
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Chelsea offers 30mil Euros for Eden Hazard.
Kolarov (Manchester City) wanted by Juventus.
Robbie Keane for 2 months on loan to Aston Villa.
Viviano leaves Inter for Palermo.
PSG offered 25mil Euros to Milan for Pato.
Galliani in Manchester for a Tevez transfer.

PSG offer 35 mil Euros for Pato and Milan accept

Looks like Ancellotti is putting his old team back together over there in Paris

Back
Top Bottom