The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

^ They said during the Manchester Derby that he (Beckham) would be in attendance today because one of his sons is a huge Arsenal fan.
NUiQb.gif

His celebration was immense...sooo much emotion...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
No player has ever won more than Lionel Messi's three world player of the year awards--and he's only 24.
he's tied with Zidane and Ronaldo but Messi's the only one that has won it three in a row...

and Henry's goal...from the first touch to the finish - typical Henry...
scoring the winner after coming on as a sub - now that's how you mark your return...

Cant lie, my eyes watered up right there. Unbelievable that it happened like that, like it's from a damn Disney movie 
laugh.gif
Hope this is just one of many more over the next 2 months.

Even though he wasn't here long, I still rock my Barca Henry jersey with pride since he helped us win those 6 championships in a row.

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ They said during the Manchester Derby that he (Beckham) would be in attendance today because one of his sons is a huge Arsenal fan.
NUiQb.gif

His celebration was immense...sooo much emotion...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_lxkak3ZNeM1qhaz39o2_250.gif

tumblr_lxk0hnivNz1r4ub00o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxk9pwNiSX1qhaz39o10_250.gif

tumblr_lxk9pwNiSX1qhaz39o8_250.gif

Heard he scored before I got a chance to get to the DVR tonight, just saw the finish though, classic Henry.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Coquelin is out for a few weeks with a hamstring injury. He's certainly a hard worker, his first touches were good, he's someone that can come on for Song in the future. He's a def. midfielder for those that didn't know.
Miquel is a solid player.
What I saw from Nico was good, he was able to hold his own and get up the pitch.
Arshavin did well today. A lot of effort but his finishes were horrible, took some shots that should have gone it. There were two in particular that were painful to see.
Ramsey is getting better and better but he kinda disappeared in the 2nd half. OX is a problem for defenders, him and Ramsey had some good crosses and shots. I think man felt that Arshavin should have been taken off instead of him.
As usual we have a good build, majority of the possession but we lack that confidence/quality in front of the goal. Arshavin and Walcott would have most likely missed the shot Henry took. He makes the goal and minutes later sprinting about 40yds to help help out....dude is world class. Totally crapped on Scholes comeback
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Did you guys see Na$ri, what do City fans think about him, he certainly hasn't been playing up to par?
I was really hoping to see Ryo get some playtime today. I think if it wasn't for that injury, he might have....well his chances were certainly better.

Incredible by Henry; you couldn't write a better script. One of my all-time favorite players. 
Few pics from the Balon d'Or gala:

World XI - a few Madridistas + Pele

1566331_full-lnd.jpg

136622774.jpg

Looks like it's all good...
laugh.gif

136636041.jpg

2012-01-09_BALON_ORO_38.v1326135131.JPG

Three Brazillians and an Argentine

2012-01-10-09-19-24-5-from-left-danny-alves-lionel-messi-pele-and-ney.jpeg

Pique's a lucky guy...

1566029_full-lnd.jpg

2012-01-09_BALON_ORO_60.v1326135309.JPG

Two greatest talents I've ever seen:

136633066.jpg

24 and already three times the king.
pimp.gif

93EA96EF1558B2AB4EAAEBC2BF9B1.jpg

List of who voted for who:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/classic/awards/01/56/60/53/awards_men_player_countries.pdf

Some of those ballots 
laugh.gif

for anyone that keeps up with fantasy teams, espn finally allows you to pick your new team for the second half

Robert Pires (without club) in training at Arsenal.
Tottenham interested in Loic Remy.
Parma interested in Luca Toni.
Mark Hughes new coach at QPR.
Amauri wants to join AS Roma.
According to the Guardian: Darren Bent possible a new transfer for the QPR.
PSG wants Maxwell.
Guangzhou doesn't want Drogba anymore but Shanghai Shenhua is interested in Drogba.
Arsenal interested in Aly Cissokho.

^^^ good lookin out on the transfer speculation...we need to keep it updated...
Random clip I found....some of these are just ridiculous 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Apparently Kalou is having talks with Arsenal

Good or him, he's always been dead weight at Chelsea, he doesn't seem to match our style, he's more suited towards Arsenal's.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
No player has ever won more than Lionel Messi's three world player of the year awards--and he's only 24.
he's tied with Zidane and Ronaldo but Messi's the only one that has won it three in a row...

scoring the winner after coming on as a sub - now that's how you mark your return...

Actually as far as Balon d' Or's go, he's tied with Van Basten, Platini, and Cruyff, whom also won it three times in a row. Zidane only won it once, and Ronaldo won it twice. The new award is just the Balon d' Or presented by FIFA instead of France Football, they basically did away with the other award, but kept the name.  

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

itsaboutthattime wrote:

GrantWahl Grant Wahl

Actually as far as Balon d' Or's go, he's tied with Van Basten, Platini, and Cruyff, whom also won it three times in a row. Zidane only won it once, and Ronaldo won it twice. The new award is just the Balon d' Or presented by FIFA instead of France Football, they basically did away with the other award, but kept the name.  

I'm confused, I was under the impression that the new award just merged the FIFA World Player of the Year Award with the Balon d'Or right?

So Zidane, Ronaldo, and Messi all have three "player of the year awards," while Platini, Cruyff, van Basten and Messi all have three Balon d'Ors but only Platini and Messi have ever won three years running regardless of incarnation.

i think kalou and cissokho would be good signings for them but i doubt both would come in january, but if this were the summer yeah i would say it would happen

Congrats Messi. I had no idea that Ronaldo was the one to hand the balon de oro to Messi 
eek.gif
Ronaldo o' Fenomeno
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom