The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Pele trolling.
laugh.gif
Pele is right tho..

pendejadas

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i actually wanted brad jones to get sent off just to add to the drama
Not sure why Liverpool don't give their top keeper a shot in net...

Spoiler [+]
soc_g_suarez_sy_300.jpg

I don't think you guys realise how bad Neymar would fare against top notch defenders in the world. Vidic(healthy)...Puyol, they would destroy him. Not to mention my dude Ramos, who would rather break Neymar's leg than be embarrassed.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I don't think you guys realise how bad Neymar would fare against top notch defenders in the world. Vidic(healthy)...Puyol, they would destroy him. Not to mention my dude Ramos, who would rather break Neymar's leg than be embarrassed.

He's not going to get any better staying in Brazil. 
Ofcourse he's getting called up to play about what, 3 World cups? Imagine if he plays in Brazil this whole time, he's going to be useless against any team that's not from his continent because he hasn't been exposed to real physical defending, defenders who are bigger than him, and to the game where YOU get carded for flopping (except if you're Ronaldo or Messi
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by AlachSB

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

He's not going to get any better staying in Brazil. 
Ofcourse he's getting called up to play about what, 3 World cups? Imagine if he plays in Brazil this whole time, he's going to be useless against any team that's not from his continent because he hasn't been exposed to real physical defending, defenders who are bigger than him, and to the game where YOU get carded for flopping (except if you're Ronaldo or Messi
laugh.gif
).

What?

Do you only watch soccer on TV..?

Attend a few matches at Pacaembu stadium and your opinion will change.

if messi lifts the world cup trophy in brasil, the world will end. i want him to have a cup but I reckon theres gonna be suicide reports if it happens

i was thinking about this last night, how come the man that is being rumored to take over the mighty barcelona isnt being linked with any premier league teams, (Marcelo Bielsa)

Neymar more beastly than C. Ronaldo was at the same age though, then again he doesn't play in the EPL.

Messi is not (emphatic NO) winning the world cup in 2014 in brazil. Stop it.

Argentina isn't even the best in South America, they'd have to go through Uruguay and Brazil. Argentina isn't even seeing those teams.

Not to mention Germany, Netherlands, Spain, which they would have to get through in order for Messi to hold the cup.

Be content and satisified with Messi winning cups in la Liga and Champions league, he is not touching or kissing a world cup.

Right about now Argentina is at the same level of Paraguay and Chile in South America. 2nd Tier, no way they can see Uruguay (obviously the best in Conmebol) and they have a history of choking against Brazil.

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

Argentina isn't even the best in South America, they'd have to go through Uruguay and Brazil. Argentina isn't even seeing those teams.

Not to mention Germany, Netherlands, Spain, which they would have to get through in order for Messi to hold the cup.

Be content and satisified with Messi winning cups in la Liga and Champions league, he is not touching or kissing a world cup.

Right about now Argentina is at the same level of Paraguay and Chile in South America. 2nd Tier, no way they can see Uruguay (obviously the best in Conmebol) and they have a history of choking against Brazil.
Argentina were a Tevez missed PK away from potentially winning the Copa America. To say that Brazil - who haven't been impressive in years - are on a different level is a bit much. They have a new coach, their attack is as talented as any in the world, and if they can settle their defense they will have a chance to make a run in 2014. If a couple of their young talents like Pastore and Lamela are ready by 2014 they'll have an even better chance. Obviously won't be the favorites, but crazier things have happened in knockout tournaments like the World Cup, yet you're so emphatic as if you know the future. Stop it. 

Wigan unfortunate there with the disallowed goal... if there was a foul on DDG, it was a pretty weak one. Wigan the better team by miles.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

Argentina were a Tevez missed PK away from potentially winning the Copa America. To say that Brazil - who haven't been impressive in years - are on a different level is a bit much. They have a new coach, their attack is as talented as any in the world, and if they can settle their defense they will have a chance to make a run in 2014. If a couple of their young talents like Pastore and Lamela are ready by 2014 they'll have an even better chance. Obviously won't be the favorites, but crazier things have happened in knockout tournaments like the World Cup, yet you're so emphatic as if you know the future. Stop it. 
Dude I don't go by "if's" "woulda" "shoulda" "coulda" or "perhaps" "maybe"

Uruguay won the Copa America.

Argentina lost to 4-0 against Germany in 2010.

Facts. Not imagination, dreams or fantasies.

"If messi can by pass Germany, Netherlands, Spain then maybe...he could win the world cup in Brazil...." stop it.
roll.gif

As of right now, I don't even think Argentina is better than England or Portugal. Fifa is very polite with that top 10 rank.

Since you want to bring up Argentina's campaign in 2011 Copa America...didn't the mighty Argentina tie with Bolivia and Colombia?
roll.gif
  How do you Tie with Bolivia? and Isn't Colombia garbage....come on...

Where was Messi in the Copa America 2011? Didn't Paolo Guerrero have the most Goals and wasn't Luis Suarez the best player? Where was the mighty Messi?

So a loss on pens against Uruguay, and a loss against Germany from two years previously eliminates Argentina from contention in 2014. Okay. They'll have a handful of world class players by then, and some continuity with a decent coach,  yet they will have no chance in the world. 

And I'm sure you thought France and Italy would make it to the final in 2006. FOH.
Edit: Dortmund scores! Lewandowski!

^ That free kick.
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Tough loss for ya'll but from what Ive read it seems like Wigan deserved it. Should help make the run-in at the Etihad that much more interesting for us neutrals though.

As for the gunners, we got complacent at times but 3 goals, 3 poins and a clean sheet...I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom