The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by quik1987

The whole country of Spain must be so cheesed

My cousins in Molins de Rei (near Barcelona) are saying that fireworks are going off right now after Madrid's loss
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I can't see why a manager would pick Ramos over Higuain to take a pen?

Same EXACT thing I was thinking. Ramos must b clutch in practice

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The fact that Bayern rested 8 of their players in their league game on Sunday while Real played with their strongest lineup in El Clasico made the difference in a game as close as this. Mourinho should've known better - never aim for a penalty shootout against anything even remotely German.

Props to Bayern. The better team won. They'll win on their home pitch in the final.

Starting XI vs Werder Bremen

Neuer, Rafinha, Luis Gustavo, Schweinsteiger, Müller
Gomez, Ribery and Kroos were substituted.

It had not much to do with competitive distortion, just take a look who was vs Bartca on the bench:
Higuain, Marcelo, Kaka

Damn mourinho on his knees tho... His one mission gone from him. And now Roman has a second chance at his ultimate prize. It's stacked against us since key players are gonna miss it as well as Bayern but hopefully Chelsea takes it.

It is a damn shame so many good defensive players are going to miss the finals do to suspension

Bayern- Alaba, Gustavo, Badstuber
Chelsea- Terry, Miereles, Ramires, Ivanovic

They need to change the rules about the yellow cards.

Bayern has the advantage, but since both defenses are going to be virtually non-existent, i think Chelsea's style of counterattacking will prove to be decisive.

FernandoTorres_1496622a.jpg

I always hate when games are decided by PK's but man was that entertaining.

Don't see anyway Munich loses the championship match at home...

After what Chelsea did at Camp Nou, y'all really wanna doubt them? I'll give Bayern 60/40 odds but in a one off game that doesn't really mean much. They just lost at home 1-0 to Dortmund. Any game be won with the right tactics, that's how Bayern got it done vs Real Madrid despite not having better team on paper.

If Luiz and Cahill get back to fitness, that back 4 is strong. Essien has been there before; Meireles being suspended helps Chelsea lol. How will Bayern's makeshift centre-back duo handle Didier Drogba? In the midfield, Essien/Mikel/Lampard have the ability to break things up. Cashley can neutralize Robben when he is on the right.

Chelsea will be up for that game! They can BODY Bayern.

Salute.
3.jpg
Manchester+United+v+Chelsea+Community+Shield+JzgHBJnZoBIl.jpg
article-0-0A7A4C69000005DC-192_468x286.jpg

bayerns fans will be the 12th man on the pitch, im telling you guys, ive never been there personally but from what i hear on the television....this will be thee loudest crowd anyone has ever heard

Bean Pie, three factors:
1) Significant suspensions, more so for Chelsea than Bayern.

2) Home pitch and atmosphere at Allianz. Bayern can't let their supporters down, everything is in their favor.

3) I like RDM a lot and fully believe he deserves the full-time job as boss, but he's relatively experienced domestically and even more so in CL. 

Hoping for an entertaining final with lots of goals in attacking play. 

I'm sure the crowd at Camp Nou was the loudest Chelsea has ever heard.

I'm sure the crowd at the Bernabeu was the loudest Bayern has ever heard.

Crowd noise is overrated. All the players on the pitch have been through hell before.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Bean Pie, three factors:

2) Home pitch and atmosphere at Allianz. Bayern can't let their supporters down, everything is in their favor.

3) I like RDM a lot and fully believe he deserves the full-time job as boss, but he's relatively experienced domestically and even more so in CL. 

The biggest loss is Ramires. There's no replacement for his attacking prowess. But given Chelsea's style, they are going to sit back and grind it out anyway (0-0 or 1-0). Bosingwa-Luiz-Cahill-Cole can get the job done.
Bayern's backline doesn't look too hot though. They're looking at Van Buyten, Rafinha coming in to play with Boateng and Lahm. And Tymoschuk replacing Gustavo. Bit long in the tooth are these reinforcements.

And, dude, RDM has got to Chelsea to this point! Napoli second leg? Barca? That man IS Chelsea and the players play their hearts out for him. That's all that matters.

Bean Pie, your points are all well-noted. However, Bayern is a heavy favorite. On paper, they are the better side with or without suspensions. I like RDM more than most and publicly supported him as long-term Chelsea boss, but the fact is the man has never closed a trophy in his short and limited career as manager.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Bean Pie, three factors:

You forgot the main factor - The fact that Bayern are a better team.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

I'm sure the crowd at Camp Nou was the loudest Chelsea has ever heard.

I'm sure the crowd at the Bernabeu was the loudest Bayern has ever heard.

Crowd noise is overrated. All the players on the pitch have been through hell before.
Highly untrue.  I've seen players in numerous interviews on the losing and winning side saying that 12th man can really rejuvenate a squad.

Apparenbtly, Jefferson Farfan will stay at Schalke.
pimp.gif

Olic to Wolfsburg.
Dante to Bayern.
USA player Chandler stays in Nuremberg.
Glasgow Rangers are broke, they're not allowed to buy player.
FC Reading back in the PL.

Didn't get to watch the game until late last night, found myself nodding off a bit in that 2nd half.

Got back in to it for ET and PKs. Not the final that anybody expected, but I'm up for it.

When Ramos missed, the only exclamation I could make was "GROSS!"

Not sure where that came from...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom