The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

ManCity! Only because I'm ruthless with them in Fifa since 09
laugh.gif
.. but Super Mario is too entertaining, guy is a joker.

But my favorite player growing up was Totti and by default Roma & the Italian National Team

Who do you guys have winning Serie A?
I'm gonna say the Rosserneri repeat. Napoli might give em a run. I think Juve might contend as well. Inter may or may not have a chance depending on the sale of Sneijder.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

im relatively new to the sport... definitely need to pick a team to root for any stick with em

suggestions?
No Barca and No United

go to fifa and press the random button
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

im relatively new to the sport... definitely need to pick a team to root for any stick with em

suggestions?
No Barca and No United

laugh.gif

Good advice. I did this with FIFA 98 and ended up liking B.Dortmund (bundesliga)for a while. Their neon kits (imo best of 90s) and their high defense marks made them a video game favorite. I never really followed them in real life though.
1466821_w2.jpg

Rumors of the day: 
Sneijder to Man U done by next week? 

City bids for Nasri

Berbatov to PSG

For me, the rumors are half the fun, Career Mode in FIFA FTW

edit: If I hear one more thing about fabregas im going to lose it

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

suggestions?
No Barca and No United

laugh.gif

Good advice. I did this with FIFA 98 and ended up liking B.Dortmund (bundesliga)for a while. Their neon kits (imo best of 90s) and their high defense marks made them a video game favorite. I never really followed them in real life though.
1466821_w2.jpg

Liking Borussia Dortmund
sick.gif

Liking Dortmund kits
sick.gif

Hate that David Villa went to Barca and Chic went to United

at this point I'm a fan of players

FIFA has ALOT to do with that
laugh.gif

I think I have it narrowed down to Milan, Real and Chelsea
nerd.gif
That has to be an american thing.
No matter what happens at a club, you should go with a club rather than a player (hello new Heat fans 
tired.gif
)

Originally Posted by black chiney

Who do you guys have winning Serie A?
I'm gonna say the Rosserneri repeat. Napoli might give em a run. I think Juve might contend as well. Inter may or may not have a chance depending on the sale of Sneijder.
its Milans to loose.. way to much talent, especially if they add De Rossi..

have to agree with that club>players comment.. really dislike all the recent united/chich supporters... some even act like the club was irrelevant until we signed him
roll.gif

Clearly Milan's title to lose, too much offensive prowess and they got better on defense with Taiwo and Mexes. New manager and new formation for Inter could mean growing pains and trouble in early fixtures. Another slow start for Inter and AC Milan will run away top of the table. Napoli is still a step away from seriously contending Italy's top powers. Juve and Roma improved significantly through the current transfer window but not enough to truly threaten Milan. 

suggestions?
No Barca and No United
laugh.gif
LOL, or he could end up with Norwich City or something... nothing against them, of course. 
wink.gif

engoi wrote:
cleansneaksonly21 wrote:

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

That has to be an american thing.
No matter what happens at a club, you should go with a club rather than a player (hello new Heat fans 
tired.gif

You bring up a good point... I hadn't thought about it till you brought it up, but for me on team sports, it's always been the team first (even since when I was a kid).  If my player changed teams, I'd wish him well, but wouldn't go on supporting that new team.  From baseball, basketball, footy or even F1... I could just never do it.  
Whether it's an "American" thing... well, I won't get into that.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

suggestions?
No Barca and No United
laugh.gif
LOL, or he could end up with Norwich City or something... nothing against them, of course. 
wink.gif

engoi wrote:
cleansneaksonly21 wrote:

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
You bring up a good point... I hadn't thought about it till you brought it up, but for me on team sports, it's always been the team first (even since when I was a kid).  If my player changed teams, I'd wish him well, but wouldn't go on supporting that new team.  From baseball, basketball, footy or even F1... I could just never do it.  
Whether it's an "American" thing... well, I won't get into that.

Haha, nothing irks me more,  I've been a fan of Torres, was never a fan of Liverpool. I do like wathcing Chelsea play but am I a fan, eh, I don't consider myself one. And it just so happens that Henry has been on teams that I am a fan of including the Red Bulls. But the Heat is a great example of the matter
Just join both fantasy leagues

Anyone watching the Olympique Marseille v ManU friendly? It's 2-2 as of now. 

^^^ While i agree with yall, i like the idea of just watching a league for a season

at this point I dont have a legitimate tie to ANY team so to just pick one out of all teams in the world is kind of daunting
laugh.gif

either way i go im going to be accused of jumping on the bandwagon... gotta choose my wagon carefully
roll.gif

^^^ While i agree with yall, i like the idea of just watching a league for a season

at this point I dont have a legitimate tie to ANY team so to just pick one out of all teams in the world is kind of daunting
laugh.gif

either way i go im going to be accused of jumping on the bandwagon... gotta choose my wagon carefully
roll.gif
Don't chose city unless you like fans who obsess more about their rivals then the well being of their team, fans who sing about the munich disaster despite the fact that one of their own players died in the crash, and fans who's response to every so called attack is "Are you from Manchester" 
laugh.gif
 clowns

roll.gif

Follow Arsenal then. Trust me, no one would call you a bandwagon fan after last year
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

LilJRDN wrote:
Barcelona Fan.

Why?

Ronaldo/Maradona/Ronaldinho - Three of my most favorite players played there. I've been with Barca even when Madrid was kicking out butts but it's nice to be on the other side of the fenc
pimp.gif
. Another reason why I like Barca is their style of play and their "team mentality" before anything else.

Pretty much broke down the reason I like Barca too... I just enjoy great futbol and seeing good games.
RetroBaller wrote:
cleansneaksonly21 wrote:

suggestions?
No Barca and No United

laugh.gif

Be unique and follow LA Firpo from the El Salvador league
pimp.gif
I went to the Barcelona vs Manchester United friendly in Washington DC. Check out this video I put together of some footage I captured that day...

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif

Follow Arsenal then. Trust me, no one would call you a bandwagon fan after last year
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
After the last few years.  Don't pick Arsenal.  Seriously, they have caused me so much heartache.  The spoiled United fans annoy me.  Especially the new ones.  That is probably why I hate them even more than Arsenal's other natural rivals in London.

Join the Live Breathe Futbol Fantasy League!!! PRIVATE LEAGUE CODE: 730139-184759. Winner gets an LBF Prize Package!

Originally Posted by Aztec

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Is there an NT fantasy league on the premierleague website?

If so would like to join up.
Yeah I was about to re-post the codes. I made two fantasy leagues on the barclays english premier league site.

So the site is: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Classic points league: 728263-184333
Head-2-Head league: 728263-184341
Thanks mate just joined up.  

HAM CITY gave the best advice. can't become a fan overnight. feel that way about united.

as for me, chivas by birth. born about 2hrs away, would never think to switch to another team.

follow united, but can't really say i'm die hard fan just yet as i don't really have much of a connection with the team aside from chich.

If you really feel you need an EPL team, there's always this...
Spoiler [+]
tuF4S.png

I'm in the H2H fantasy league
pimp.gif
First time playing a fantasy soccer league.

roll.gif
 at that graph.

Back
Top Bottom