The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

i dont know about you guys but i find it kind of stupid supporting more than one team

as for me like stated before MANCHESTER CITY TILL I DIE

QUESTION.
Why do people hate on city?

buying players because you have a whole bunch of money is something new. chelsea doesit, manchester united does it, barcelona does it, real madrid does and the list goes on

but we still get hated on for that reason.

i mean if tottenham was in the same situation whre they would of had a whole bunch of money they would of donbe the same thing.

all i can think is that all the haters are gona hate due to the fact that they wont be able to outbid MANCHESTER CITY
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

I don't see it listed for FSC, GolTV, or ESPN3 unfortunately.
yeah i searched and no luck, hopefully ill find a stream
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ not sure if srs.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Too bad the Emirates atmosphere is
ohwell.gif

Sadly Spurs will have to find a solution in finding a new, bigger stadium if they truly want to compete
so part of me is a little jelly.

Anyways for the people in here who follow the EPL lets give a big
indifferent.gif
to City supporters
Yes the Emirates atmosphere sucks, there is no arguing that, but our away support is top notch. We out-sung you lot for 120 mins @ WHL for the CC, but its was silent during the masterclass against SC Braga in the CL last September, I honestly couldn't believe it. Total night and day in terms of support. We really need to get our home support in order because its embarrassing at times. While watching the FA cup tie @ home to Leeds on TV, although they are known to have great supporters, 8500 people shouldn't be able to outsing 50,000 Arsenal supporters for the whole damn match.
30t6p3b.gif
Our home fans only seem to make noise when we are playing like crap and they're frustrated, our away fans actually support the club...I wish the novel idea of supporting the club all the time, regardless of the opponent, when at home would catch on.

Question to NTers posting their teams in here, no hate, but imo I cant see how people can honestly support a handful of clubs it the top flight of their respective leagues due to European tournaments like the CL or Europa League. I feel like you'd want your team to be the champions of Europe as its the top prize so what if your clubs play each other? To give an analogy say you supported different colleges in different conferences,  as in theory they could all win their conference and you could support them through it, but at the end of the day the real prize in the NCAA championship in the sport, so how does that work? Who do/would you root for and why?

Sorry for the semi long read and I'm not here to question anyone support (well maybe City supporters
laugh.gif
) its just the summer/ pre-season and as an Arsenal supporter nothing good in coming from this transfer window, so I'd rather read about other stuff to take my mind about us and the potential exodus going on with our top players and links for possible replacements like that !%%@ Joey Barton.
30t6p3b.gif

But when it comes down to it, I want Arsenal to win it at all times.
pimp.gif

p_arsene_wenger_2.jpg
My love for Arsenal is much stronger as opposed to my love for the other teams I'm a fan of, I want to see Arsenal win it

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

i dont know about you guys but i find it kind of stupid supporting more than one team

QUESTION.

buying players because you have a whole bunch of money is something new. chelsea doesit, manchester united does it, barcelona does it, real madrid does and the list goes on

i mean if tottenham was in the same situation whre they would of had a whole bunch of money they would of donbe the same thing.

all i can think is that all the haters are gona hate due to the fact that they wont be able to outbid MANCHESTER CITY
pimp.gif

Yeah I was just about to say that, Madrid has been known to buy players left and right no matter the cost. 
Barcelona and their ridiculous transfers, and Chelsea buys and then sacks whoever they please. 

At the same time you still hear people talking about how Chelsea are rent boys and have no history etc.

I guess it has more with not having any history, that and the bandwagon fans.

How many weeks have you been  City fan?

[h1]Balotelli done like a kipper by practical joke[/h1]
ESPNsoccernet staff
August 3, 2011

22663.2.jpg

Mario Balotelli was reportedly left 'sole-destroyed' by the prank[emoji]169[/emoji] PA Photos

Manchester City's controversial star Mario Balotellihas become the victim of a fishy prank by his team-mates while away on the club's pre-season tour.

Balotelli has made waves at Eastlands since splashing down in England from Italy, throwing darts at youth team players, racking up £10,000 worth of parking fines and most recently getting hauled off after showboating against the LA Galaxy.

But team-mates have got their own back on the Italian by plaice-ing [sorry] a bag of kippers in his £150,000 Maserati just before they headed off to the US for a two-week tour.

"Mario had his head in his hands," a source told The Sun. "The smell nearly made him sick. It was revolting. There were flies in the car and the leather seats in the back had rotting fish all over them."

Super Mario may have been caught hook, line and sinker by the latest prank, but won't give up trying to bait his team-mates in the future.

"It won't put an end to the pranks, though. He's already formulating plans for revenge," the fish source added.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just out of curiosity everyone please indulge me.
Favorite club: Real Madrid

Favorite player: Cristiano Ronaldo

Favorite manager: Jose Mourinho 

As one could imagine I was ecstatic when CR7 left Old Trafford and just as much when "The Special One" brought his services to the Bernabeu. 

Originally Posted by Halftime718

QUESTION.

pimp.gif

Yeah I was just about to say that, Madrid has been known to buy players left and right no matter the cost. 
Barcelona and their ridiculous transfers, and Chelsea buys and then sacks whoever they please. 

At the same time you still hear people talking about how Chelsea are rent boys and have no history etc.

I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR 156 WEEKS

I JUMPED ON THE SHIP BEFORE EVERYBODY DID
laugh.gif

Lulz @ that Epl graph.
Another question for you guys...Who has the best chance winning the Champions League? (excluding Barca and United)

Originally Posted by black chiney

Lulz @ that Epl graph.
Another question for you guys...Who has the best chance winning the Champions League? (excluding Barca and United)

I dont see how we wouldn't be us. I mean we were the only team in the world to beat both Barca and United last season.
tongue.gif

Again, we got this, this year.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Clearly Milan's title to lose, too much offensive prowess and they got better on defense with Taiwo and Mexes. New manager and new formation for Inter could mean growing pains and trouble in early fixtures. Another slow start for Inter and AC Milan will run away top of the table. Napoli is still a step away from seriously contending Italy's top powers. Juve and Roma improved significantly through the current transfer window but not enough to truly threaten Milan. 

True I feel like this too. Plus the whole Snejider saga might have a huge effect on the players imo.

QUESTION.

pimp.gif

Let City fans enjoy their little spending spree, as you both said, its no different than what United and Real have been able to do for a while and what Chelsea is doing and what Barca acts like they dont do. Financial Fair Play will come into effect soon and we'll rule Europe.
pimp.gif
  Arsene's been on that next, next, level *%@! for a while.

Originally Posted by black chiney

Lulz @ that Epl graph.

I dont see how we wouldn't be us. I mean we were the only team in the world to beat both Barca and United last season.
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

Lol make it into the group stage 1st doeee.

Jose Enrique to Liverpool. One more defensive signing and Kenny Daglish has done more than anyone could have expected to lead LFC's resurgence. 

QUESTION.

pimp.gif

I was thinking the same thing after reading a few posts. Didn't know there was this much hate
laugh.gif

Gervinho-Arsenal-Lille-007-300x180.jpg

We got this. Ol' boy got them Tracy McGrady eyes, so you know he can score. Signing of the summer thus far. You can keep those 20 million pound English defenders, the best defenders in the Premier League cost 7 million (Vidic) and 8 million (Vermaelen).

Cesc needs to go, and we need to take that money and buy a defender and sign Joey Barton. Make Vermaelen the captain, I've been saying that for years already, he's much more of a leader than Cesc ever will be.

Let City fans enjoy their little spending spree, as you both said, its no different than what United and Real have been able to do for a while and what Chelsea is doing and what Barca acts like they dont do. Financial Fair Play will come into effect soon and we'll rule Europe.
pimp.gif
  Arsene's been on that next, next, level *%@! for a while.
LOL very doubtful. There's a reason Arsene was crying over City's new sponsorship deal, and it's because they can basically circumvent any obstructions to their free spending due to the massive cash flow coming in. Most top clubs will find a way to balance their books whether it be through signing new sponsorships or selling players. 
People hate on City because they're the new rich kid on the block, as opposed to being the old rich kids on the block. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
 @ the McGrady eye reference. You cant tell in my man is going for the bottom-right or top-left corner.  
pimp.gif
 Get in! 

abovelegit1:While I agree that most hate City because they're the new kid on the block, I just hope that UEFA will enforce the rules that they set are setting forth. Wenger had come out long ago and talked about some of the loopholes that clubs would be able to slip through to generate more revenue/hide losses, it up to UEFA to show their rules have teeth or else they will be looked at as being more corrupt then they are now (like they care though). As an Arsenal fan I hope it works out and that it stops this nonsense, but only time will tell.

black chiney wrote:
trunks206 wrote:
black chiney wrote:
Lulz @ that Epl graph.

tongue.gif

pimp.gif

Lol make it into the group stage 1st doeee.

Yeah we need to handle that, but we're about to find out who we'll face (unseeded team list) for a spot in the group stages during the draw this Friday.

League route:

Seeded teams:

(Germany) Bayern Munich
(England) Arsenal
(France) Lyon
(Portuagal) Benfica
(Spain) Villarreal

Unseeded teams:

(Netherlands) Twente
(Russia) Rubin Kazan
(Italy) Udinese
(Switzerland) Zürich
(Denmark) Odense

God knows what our actual team will look like, but if the rumor on the Turkish news is true about Eboue heading to Galatasaray, god forbid if Sanga were to get hurt because we would have a already shaky defense relying on, 8 game experience at league 1 Charlton Athletic,  Jenkinson and Gibbs as our starting fullbacks. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

You honestly couldnt write the horror show that is going on right now but in Arsene we trust though, he'll pull us together. 
happy.gif
 (gotta stay positive!)

Back
Top Bottom