The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

glasses.gif
glasses.gif

overslept. was very suprised to hear the score. my mate dre in london texts me "united slaughtering arsenal" so got up to check the score and was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. then text jada2000retro who had been quiet.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

What's the difference between Arsenal and a toothpick? A toothpick has two points.

I think that a toothpick also has better defensive properties than Arsenal.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Looks like the one argument the EPL had over La Liga = the fact that it's deeper is on hold for at least one season. Because the way it looks now, this season will be decided by the two Manchester "el clasicos".

Don't count out Chelsea...not the best start to the season but playing Stoke on the road isn't a walk in the park, West Brom put up the same fight they did against Man Utd and Norwich has started off pretty well this season. At the same time, I'm not taking away anything from the Manchesters, they are certainly above us at this point but still early to disregard Chelsea.
I think both Chelsea and Liverpool will have something to say about the title. 

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

glasses.gif
glasses.gif

overslept. was very suprised to hear the score. my mate dre in london texts me "united slaughtering arsenal" so got up to check the score and was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. then text jada2000retro who had been quiet.
joe (aka jada) was real quiet..
roll.gif
roll.gif

not gonna rub much salt into the wound.. great performance from the lads today... speedy recovery to welbeck..

Although finding any type of positive today is hard, I have to say again our away support is the best in the country. Despite the lopsided scoreline our fans kept singing loudly supporting the club through what is a very low point.

I seriously hope the home fans get the message on how to support a team because if this were at the Emirates the boo birds would have been in full voice.

It's been a really tough run in the Epl thus far but I hope we can shore things up and get back on track.

By far the worst performance I have ever seen by Arsenal. There are so many problems that i'm not sure how we come back from this. The work ethic just wasn't there and I am starting to wonder what makes Wenger buy such bad defenders! Djorou honestly should never play another match for the team, he played a high line and never followed his man.

I think it is now time to get rid of Wenger.

When will Gerrard be back exactly? And if so I think Liverpool have quite the problem of who to play in midfield
If Liverpool can get a full 6 points in their next 2 matches they are a definite contender. Still not sold on them.
Keeping the squad happy is going to be tough, its obvious they have to play Suarez. Adam has been so good
on set pieces and such a good cm what about when Gerrard comes back. Lot of questions still remain about
Liverpool.

The scary thing about Arsenal is that Wenger has let this happen, they knew about Cesc and Nasri for a long time
and should have had some plan for it. Granted even if they sign Cahill, Hazard, etc, they've already given up so
many points (as have Tottenham). I have questions whether Cahill will truly help the team, he's looked rough at
Bolton to start the year out and will Hazard be able to adjust to the EPL?

Question marks about Chelsea as well, honestly they should have lost to WBA because Albion should have gone up
by 2 goals and it would have changed the makeup of the game.

Like someone else said, that was the worst Arsenal performance I've ever seen. Hard to know whether or not this particular Arsenal team has the fortitude to withstand this.

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Man City > Man Utd. Right now. I'm telling you Man City is winning the league
87582072.gif

extremely bold statement considering:
-Man U beat Man City a few weeks ago for the Community Shield 

-Man U's performance today was on point 
pimp.gif

-Man U are on top of the table base on goal differential 

I love United, but I stayed up and watched both games and in all my years this City side is the strongest I have seen. They looked good against a soft Spurs defence.

To qualify this both Manchester sides played VERY weak opponents (both are just off to a terrible start and severely depleted), so you can't get any information about form from these games, the only good thing is that it builds some confidence for the strikers.

In my eyes its a toss up between United and Chel$ki as usual.

City have yet to do anything that proves they can keep this form for a whole season, let alone keep all those prima-donnas happy the whole season. Let's see how expansive and attacking they play against Chel$ki or United or even Liverpool.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

When will Gerrard be back exactly? And if so I think Liverpool have quite the problem of who to play in midfield
If Liverpool can get a full 6 points in their next 2 matches they are a definite contender. Still not sold on them.
Keeping the squad happy is going to be tough, its obvious they have to play Suarez. Adam has been so good
on set pieces and such a good cm what about when Gerrard comes back. Lot of questions still remain about
Liverpool.

The scary thing about Arsenal is that Wenger has let this happen, they knew about Cesc and Nasri for a long time
and should have had some plan for it. Granted even if they sign Cahill, Hazard, etc, they've already given up so
many points (as have Tottenham). I have questions whether Cahill will truly help the team, he's looked rough at
Bolton to start the year out and will Hazard be able to adjust to the EPL?

Question marks about Chelsea as well, honestly they should have lost to WBA because Albion should have gone up
by 2 goals and it would have changed the makeup of the game.
September. He should be back after the International break which hopefully means by the Stoke match. 
Lucas HAS to be in the midfield no matter who else is in there. None of our other midfielders can tackle like he does. He is probably the most underrated DM in England. I'm not sold on Adam so far. He's good at set pieces but Gerrard will take that over when he comes back so Adam will be the one on the bench probably. Not to mention Suarez and Downing are also good at FKs. 

Not taking anything away from City because I think they're really good and can seriously push for the title this year but Utd is definitely ahead of them for now. We'll see how they play when the first real test comes along their way.

Arsenal as a whole seems completely lost. What a long start to what's panning out to be a very long season.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

pimp.gif

Those are horrible points to make, Arsenal had a makeshift defence and the scoreline wouldn't have been the same if the majority of their first team wasn't injured. Also the Community Shield was an incredibly close game and City didn't have Aguero or Nasri at that point.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

87582072.gif

pimp.gif

Well City didn't have....

1.) In form Dzeko
2.) Sergio Kun Aguero
3.) Tevez
4.) Nasri

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

QPR ready to take bum %@# Traore from us, we might have to pay them to take him though.
laugh.gif
They can have Djorou, Jenkinson, Arshavin and Coquelin too if they like..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom