The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

unless barca or real are involved, I don't really feel like watching any other la liga matches as opposed to the epl where I will watch most teams. I'm really glad I got to see Manchester united play at soldier field against the Chicago fire.
your loss 
ohwell.gif
 barca and real are just so much better than pretty much every team in Europe that it makes it impossible to have anyone outside of those two win La Liga. Doesn't mean theres not a @#$% load of talent in the league, evidence being how much money out the @#$ English teams pay for La Liga talent
And aren't there only 2-3 good teams in England per year? How is that so different from any other league? Man United and Chelsea are the usual contenders, and then once in a while you have another challenger come in like this year's Man City squad 
You make a lot of sense there. I don't wake up early to watch Blackburn Vs Everton. Call me selective, but at least I recognize the players names and nationalities from Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Tottenham, and Aston Villa and other teams with a good international presence. I feel bad for La Liga losing Forlan though. The man left you amazed like few other players when it came to finishing a play.

Never ever say Arsenal doesn't want to invest !

Arsenal offered 40mil Euros for Mario Götze last week.Dortmund refused this offer and said Götze is not for sale.
Mario Götze has a contract till 2014.

Does Arsenal think they're just gonna swoop up talent like Gotze and Hazard a couple days before the end of the transfer window? Come on son, you're only getting back C-level talent, AT BEST B-level at this point. You had all season to figure this out and Fabregas + Nasri leaving was basically written on the wall. Terrible preparation.

Per Mertesacker & Andre Santos undergoing medicals and expected to revealed today with Park Chu-Young.

Good signings...we need more though.
pimp.gif

Mertesacker is a great signing. No reason Wenger couldn't have done it weeks ago, though.

Now he just needs to sign a Midfielder (or seven).

Yesssss Mertesacker and Santos, will be great signings.
pimp.gif
Now to get a creative midfielder or two..

zjypt0.gif

Lille are making movements, Joe Cole has gone to them.. maybe we will make a bid for Hazard now..
nerd.gif

Looks like there's news coming out that Spurs have finally agreed to sell Modric... we'll see if the rumblings are true...

Michael Bradley to Chievo Verona. 
Hopefully he gets some minutes, would be cool to see an American excel in Italy.

Mertesacker was injured for several weeks.

Trezeguet to Baniyas.It's all about the money.
eyes.gif

Sneijder said he will stay at Inter.
Manchester City and Spurs interested in Hargreaves.
Lukaku not on loan to Stoke.
Aleksander Hleb will probably sign with VfL Wolfsburg.
Helmes got green lights for a switch.

Good signings for Arsenal. I'm a big fan of Mertesacker. But defensively, Santos maybe even more of a liability than Clichy.

Arsenal getting crushed by United will prove to be a godsend.

Had they not been humiliated, we would've heard the same stubborn rhetoric that's been trotted out over the past few campaigns by Wenger citing his team being "unlucky" or "improving" or whatever.

It's a shame that it took this long, but I'm glad that a quality CB and at least a serviceable LB have been brought in.

Vargas would be huge.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Hargreaves may have had a medical with City? %+*%+%* Judas

didnt see that coming
alien.gif

diego lugano to PSG
pimp.gif
   love the way he plays, and that PSG side is getting better for cheap, they are looking at amauri too

damn on paper the english squad looks a strong argument...i know what else is new, but still cant help but say they need to do something with this squad in Brasil

Joe Hart (Man City), David Stockdale (Ipswich), Frankie Fielding (Derby)

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton),  Phil Jones (Man Utd), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Micah Richards (Man City), Chris Smalling (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea)

Gareth Barry (Man City), Tom Cleverley (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

and this isnt with stevie g or welbeck

[h1]
[/h1]

Alexander Hleb having a medical at Wolfsburg (could be a dope pickup for them).
Reports in Spain suggest Valencia could make a late swoop for Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic (NOOOOOOOO!).
Reports in Israel are reporting that Benayoun will have a medical for Tottenham tonight (YESSSSSS!).

Back
Top Bottom